Forum › Madder Memory discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

[*]

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

@Ryan
You say it's not depressing as fuck but even when I reread it today (cuz I just couldn't get it out of my head all night yesterday)...I bawled my eyes out even more than my first read...with my snot dripping down my nose...maybe cuz I knew already she escaped to spend her last moments with her friends, it was that much sadder... If something that makes you cry doesn't deserve that tag IDK what does.

You're confusing depression with cathartic sadness. The fact that you cry means it is not depressing, but cathartic: it pulls you in, but then releases you. True Depressing as fuck doesn't do that. It takes your soul, roughs it up, and doesn't let go, leaving you feeling empty, miserable, and dead inside.

This manga isn't like that.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 2:03PM

onlyyuriaccount4202
Animepencilgirl%201
joined Dec 2, 2016

The tears won't stop :(

A_divine_love_alone_ch01_004
joined Oct 16, 2016

It's sad that Kiyo never got to tell Miko that she loved her before she died... and it's sad that she died. Of course, I suppose there's no indication that she does actually love her anyway aside from, you know, the kissing. That "This is so weird" line makes it a bit suspect but who can say now that she's dead. I can only hope that the other girl she's with at the end is her new girlfriend... she must be, right? Right??

I want to believe!

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Those Japanese really need to work on their constitutions. Able-bodied teens dropping dead without warning and such.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

I fucking cried so hard

Eff you TRAGEDY!!!! T^T

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Meh. Story, characters, & their relationships are too bareboned for me to feel anything about the supposed tragedy.

E6ede813daabea1e3e623efa6effd4febf2648bc_hq
joined Nov 16, 2015

Im gonna contemplant about this chapter all day D; MY FEELS

Sad
joined Mar 31, 2017

When I read " Tomorrow didn't come for Kiyo ", I had to go back to that page a few times because, even though my heart started to hurt, my brain didn't process it. When it processed though, felt like I was hit by a train or something ;-;

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 3:58AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

When I read " Tomorrow didn't come for Kiyo ", I had to go back to that page a few times because, even though my heart started to hurt, my brain didn't process it. When it processed though, felt like I was hit by a train or something ;-;

I really like that panel, aesthetically, if not emotionally: just plain white text on a completely black background. From personal experience, I can tell that this is exactly how it feels when you're told a loved one has passed away: everything's dark, and just this one idea is pulsing in front of you, as your brain attempts and fails to process it.

joined Jul 15, 2016

Onions, man...

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

omg I didn't wanna think that she died at first but ;-;
cried a lot tbh no TT why------------ I like to read drama but not this kind of story ;__________;

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

ikr my friend T_____T

Xdff
joined Jul 16, 2017

pvta que sad :,v

C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

Oh boy, I cried like a little baby. Actually I'm still crying. No more tragedy tag for my sake.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Damm why my eyes are leaking

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Me: I want to reread this.
*Read it
Also me: why the fck did I read this again T.T

joined Apr 29, 2018

i think kiyo really loved the mc. she didn't answer honestly because i think she knew about how bad her health condition would be. she said she escaped from the hospital. we can see that the MC is the first person she's goind to meet. for me that means she wanted to spend the few time she had left with MC. but it's just a personal opinion...

TheHeckIsAPantyhose
joined May 16, 2018

I think Kiyo thought that if she told MC she also liked her it'd be harder for MC to move on, y'know, 'ifs' would plague MC's mind.

On a side note, I was satisfied on how it turned out (aside from crying over this, all is well). Who wouldn't like Momono-sensei's art XD.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I am not crying I am not crying :(.... Why the hell i am reading sad stories right now?

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

( ˃ ⌑ ˂ഃ )

joined May 25, 2020

aww man ......that shit really hurt

joined Feb 8, 2016

As someone who lost a loved one ten years ago, I can confirm that the pain never goes away -- you just get better at living with it.

on a diff. note, if Miko and the others were seeing and talking to Kiyo's ghost/spirit, shouldn't a supernatural tag be added?

Dreaming of loved ones who died suddenly is not supernatural (speaking from personal experience). The fact that she was the last of their circle who had that dream is rather realistic: the closer you are to a person, the more you are traumatized, and less likely you are to make sense of your dreams. The other two girls were not as close to Kiyo, so they processed her loss faster, and their communication has helped Miko to give a specific form to her own psyche's attempts to cope with Kiyo's death and to repair itself, which is why she saw that dream.

@ Koveras: I lost a fiancé and our unborn child nearly 35 years ago and I can agree with you that that pain never goes away. A portion still remains in a small corner of my heart and every so often in March I get very melancholy and keep to myself. My wife of 20 years is very understanding and has never given me any bad issues about it, in fact, she has been a very supportive person in my life. This story always makes me cry but I think it is beautiful as much as it is painful. It is so very well written I wouldn't change a thing!

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 2:29AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I can't help not to feel so sad. Losing someone is really hard, even after so many years the pain still lingers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.