Forum › Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid discussion

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Can I just say how shocking it that the manga is running? I mean, do even Nanoha fans care about the current content?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Can I just say how shocking it that the manga is running? I mean, do even Nanoha fans care about the current content?

It's not shocking at all if you consider it's cramped full of what's popular fetish fuel for Japanese otakus right now. And if you didn't watch the series start, It can be seem independently as an action oriented ecchi manga.

But yeah, there's little of value here for fans of the original series, other than NanoFate bait every 30 or so chapter.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Not only does nothing particularly exciting happen, due to the fact that Vivid Strike takes place after Vivid, you already know what becomes of Vivio and the others in the next few years so there's nothing to be surprised about either. If they were smart they would end the series in a chapter or two and start a new one taking place after Strike.

joined Apr 1, 2017

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-11/magical-girl-lyrical-nanoha-vivid-manga-ends-but-new-series-begins/.121179

I guess as expected now that Vivio has accomplished her main goal of beating Nanoha and Einhart is losing her old memories, the manga realistically came to an end. Who knows what the fuck they're planning on doing with this franchise after they stop shilling the new movies with the manga tie in.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If the new comics are just complementary for the movies, maybe this is it? is it over for us and Nanofate?
Not even a fucking wedding

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Nah, these sort of franchises never truly die.

joined Apr 1, 2017

What was truly incredible was that it was 8 years of serialization, basically nothing happened except Vivio learned to fight good, but still not good enough to even challenge the top 5 without getting her ass kicked realistically. Einhart had more development than the main character.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Einhart had more development than the main character.

Is that truly surprising, though? It's pretty much a series tradition that the current season's rival-type character gets more development than the protagonist, they've just replaced Nanoha with Vivio for this one.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Einhart had more development than the main character.

Is that truly surprising, though? It's pretty much a series tradition that the current season's rival-type character gets more development than the protagonist, they've just replaced Nanoha with Vivio for this one.

Yeah I mean, that's kinda the way Nanoha is built to work. The protagonist(Nanoha, Vivio, Fuuka) isn't the one who really needs the development. It's a series about saving people you care about, so it's obvious that the ones who need saving are the ones who get the development. Besides, Vivio's development and stuff already happened in StrikerS where she was the one that needed saving.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 1:18PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is not Vivid, but lately I've been re-watching the whole Nanoha series while I clean house, etc. In the very first series, I noticed a great scene with Nanoha and the Time-Space Administrative Bureau chief, who's a womanchild and a half. Basically, she has the classic set up for sado (tea CEREMONY). The green powdered/block tea, brushes, bean gum, you name it. They're all in seiza. The traditional cup of tea is poured for the chief, and she puts CREAM and THREE HEAPING SUGARS in it.

If any of you have done tea ceremony, that's like - taking the communion wafer, pouring chocolate syrup on it and dunking it in the communion wine.

The tea involved is really delicious and super expensive and doesn't improve (I think, no one in real life would test this) with milk or sugar.

Nanoha looks at that and almost faints. It's hilarious, and very Japanese, and it's kind of a throwaway sight gag and establishing character moment at the same time. That a nine-year-old girl sees it makes it more hilarious.

last edited at Oct 3, 2017 5:41PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ I have always interpreted that scene as the writers basically flipping the bird at the Japanese media conventions, since I also view the Nanoha series as one of the most un-Japanese Japanese franchises -- thematically, if not stylistically.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Final chapter came out. Pretty much nothing ending, doesn't even connect to Vivid Strike either. Disappointing end to a disappointing series.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Wow. Where is the netorare tag? Because Yumina just stole Einhart from Vivio like a boss.

joined Apr 1, 2017

You can pinpoint the exact moment that Vivio was tossed in the trash

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I agree, we should have the ntr tag now, or maybe come up with a new one ... Like the titanic
Aah I like Subaru ... I want more anime... I can't go on without my mahous

Pixelavatar48
joined Nov 9, 2015

I remember back when A's was airing, I was in love with Nanoha anime, and I kept seeking Nanoha+Fate doujins all day long. Then Strikers came, although the change of settings took me a little off balance, it was still great... then Force, then Vivid, and the series is just Nanoha only in name...

I wish it could go back to those times when the series was still great, when NanoFate were still the main characters, when you could laugh at the characters doing random things while important plot points where discussed, when the magical girl series suddenly has the intergalactic militia involved and not the other way around. Damn, I even miss Yuuno hanging around with the rest of the party (and Arf, of course). But I guess it won't be possible, specially since the only reboot was to shamelesly promote a game through sex appeal.

The series is dead to me now. I loved it so much that i feel betrayed by the way it changed. Just look at ViVid, with it's power level all over the place: Back in the first series Nanoha was considered a rarity, the raw power she had could surpass that of the military trained mages, and now we have a tournament full of random kids who seem like they could give Nanoha and Fate a good beating (at least as they were at that age).

Should read this manga continuations, I would have been happier if Striker's end was the last thing I knew about the series.

I agree with this. When i saw Fate put in that position by her adopted son, i was done with this.

yeah i agree with you two, but why this manga is still tagged as "Yuri", they should change the "Yuri" tag into "Subtext" tag or just delete the "Yuri" tag instead!

I totally agree with you guys here. Maybe, it's gone too far for my liking. After reading a few chapters of the series, I decided I should just stick with the doujins of those good old times.

The series is not dead, yet. We have at least the arc of Dark Materials, and maybe we will see a new Nanoha history with all the good times.
P.D: Anyone remembers the MSLN Reflection? Anyone?? T.T Poor Dearche...

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Am I being too naive to want Kisses between Fukka and Rinne, Nanoha and Fate, Einhart and Vivio all in the same movie? Is It wrong to dream?

Just think for a moment If that were to happen... Picture the sheer bliss. Hell, I would be more than satisfied with Just the Fuuka/Rinne Canon since I'm such a sucker for this pairing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thankkk you!! double release X) and now for the final matches... I wasn't really interested in Einharth's fights (We have already seen her fight plenty)so I'm glad they were quick.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

After 10 year they only keep in subtext all the relationship, even Vivio called her moms friends.
In this point I think that this fight were eufemist for sex for all this blushing, attractive clothes, etc.
Wish they tribbling using they outfits.
After a learn to drawn properly, La Pucelle will had sex with all them.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

These attack names are ridiculous.

"Purple lightning"? "Miraculous Star Blade"?

What is next? Rainbow Death? Blazing Unicorn from Hell? Subtext Lesbian Flying Scissors Kick?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Midnightgunner posted:

These attack names are ridiculous.

"Purple lightning"? "Miraculous Star Blade"?

What is next? Rainbow Death? Blazing Unicorn from Hell? Subtext Lesbian Flying Scissors Kick?

That last one is great!! also Fingering waterflowing strike!!!

Aaah I don't know, suddenly I want Vivio to win SO BAD! and I think is not because I dislike Miura (well, she is kinda boring), but I hate her teacher so much (red haired eternal loli) because I just can't forget all the shit she did in the s2 of the anime just being a psycho violent bitch... Like, everything could've been solved with just 2 episodes without her lol.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

After 10 year they only keep in subtext all the relationship, even Vivio called her moms friends.

That depends on what source material you're limiting yourself to, and even then canon relationships can still be treated as subtext is the author chooses. Nanoha and Fate even moved together, started a family and married but we're not getting too explicit details on their romantic relationship developed, and sadly enough the other secondary couples with less exposition and screen time haven't had the chance to get close to the relationship level that Nanoha, Fate and Vivio reached. And by the way, I don't think Vivio or nobody has ever stated that her mothers are only and no more than friends, that would be a contradiction.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Me reading this
click click click AHA FATE!! * Actually reads*
No more Fate.. click click click AHA NANOHA!! * actually reads * aw..no more Nanoha... * keeps clicking until chapter is done*
Aw. Thank you for more Nanoha and Fate : v <3

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

RIP Vivio

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Look, I'm sorry. I really am but am I the only one a little annoyed by how nice everyone is in this series? I wouldn't even be surprised if the next chapter is about all of them around a huge bonfire holding hands and chanting kumbaya. I mean, they beat the living crap out of each other and then just hug and shake hands afterwards? That's extremely cliché and this manga does that all the time. Everyone is so damn cheerful, specially Vivio and her crew. It's starting to rub me the wrong way.

I wonder what would happen if a war were to break out and they have to fight for their lives? To kill to survive? I think that Nanoha and Fate's generation would do what it takes, but what about Vivio, Einhart, Corona, Rio and Miura? How would they react to a battle without rules, warning, fairness and respect? What if they have to take a fight without that goody-goody gumdrop fraternal rivalry, but nothing more than the undying desire of killing each other?

I know that Vivio had that episode with Rio's grandfather, but we all know he wasn't serious. What if a truly evil antagonist were to arive? Like a black-haired badass girl stronger than anyone ever presented in the entire Nanoha franchise that trained her whole life not to win a championship or a belt or make friends, but for war and killing? And what if this girl was effectively beyond the so well known "Salvation by ass-beating"? What would the goody two shoes Vivio could do? And what would she do if she were way weaker than someone that truly wasn't interested in being saved like Rinne or the young Fate? What if she fights true hate and loses?

Sometimes I wish something like this would happen just to see how the characters would react. Look, I don't want none of them to die and sorry for the long rant, but I just wonder how a little bit of brutal reality would affect them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.