Forum › The Long Wait Is Over discussion

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

AAAAAAAAH that's literally me the words just won't come out ;_;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I know nothing about the series, but I really like this.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

same

Bikkiav
joined Feb 9, 2015

Watch Shirobako

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Omg this is too cute! I'm feeling so happyafter reading this... Such a good yuri content! funny, cute and kinky and ... !! I don't know what else to say is so good >w</ and yeah why we didn't get more shirobako content? is weird... So much potential like the character designers (the mouse girl), please SexyAkiba give us more like this!!! and Thanks!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow, that was really good. I haven't watched the anime, but I got really into this, it was good.
The art was sort of rough tho, felt really shonen-ish with the style and expressions too. Idk the characters, idk if it'd be OOC or anything, but only considering what I've read/understood from this, the characters, the pacing, the dialogue, the feelings expressed were solid. The art wasn't maybe as cute as the sort of story told, but the feelings you end up with amount to the same. It's sweet, heartfelt and satisfying.

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

That smug look on Yano is so good!!!!!!!!!!

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 11, "You looked like you were feeling kind of ill was all." (that last part sounds odd, "was all")

joined Aug 1, 2013

"Gimme dat fried octopus."

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

pg 11, "You looked like you were feeling kind of ill was all." (that last part sounds odd, "was all")

I'm not entirely sure as english is not my native language, but I think "(...) is all" and "(...) was all" are actually valid in those kinds of sentences, like, meaning it was all she was worried about, nothing else. Or something like those were the only reasons she went after Miyamori in that particular situation.

last edited at Oct 20, 2016 4:49AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Shirobako is pretty great. It's a look into the anime industry that tries to be realistic, most characters are likeable and there's no romance of any sort, so there's a lot of potential for shipping.

There are very few yuri doujins for this series out there and seeing one translated is awesome!

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

AWWWW fucking Yes I Love it!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Cute.

The art style reminds me of some other artist, but I can't remember who.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

"the squeeze of calming the fuck down" lul

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not entirely sure as english is not my native language, but I think "(...) is all" and "(...) was all" are actually valid in those kinds of sentences, like, meaning it was all she was worried about, nothing else. Or something like those were the only reasons she went after Miyamori in that particular situation.

It's a bit of a slang formulation, so regular grammar isn't as relevant. My experience is the use of "is all" is that it's used regardless of tense, applying more to the person saying it now rather than the past event they're describing. Although "was all" is also used sometime and not wrong per se, it's less common.

Either way, it's used as an indicator that there's no deeper meaning to the act, it was simply because she thought the other girl was feeling ill. Although in this case it's a bit of a lie.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I know nothing about the series, but I really like this.

You really should watch it:
a. it's a classic. Much-imitated.
b. Kunogi Ai's shy little crush on Yasuhara "Emi-chan" Ema is utterly adorable

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There are very few yuri doujins for this series out there and seeing one translated is awesome!

That's why I like the title, for me, it's true.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Speaking of possible mistakes, is the 'coudld' one? I thought that maybe it was her being drunk and slurring but it's just so... weird.

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Right now, Akuma no Riddle fans are constantly checking the front page, awaiting the final chapter... and what should appear there but a doujin called "The Long Wait is Over".

Reality is a troll.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Oooh. This was awesome!

Very enjoyable read!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I think the last few pages were total unnecessary. Could have cut down them.

It was an okay read.

last edited at Oct 20, 2016 6:32PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Three great works with three adorably useless lesbians. Today was such a good day

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

"Gimme dat fried octopus."

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

It's a bit of a slang formulation, so regular grammar isn't as relevant. My experience is the use of "is all" is that it's used regardless of tense, applying more to the person saying it now rather than the past event they're describing. Although "was all" is also used sometime and not wrong per se, it's less common.

Either way, it's used as an indicator that there's no deeper meaning to the act, it was simply because she thought the other girl was feeling ill. Although in this case it's a bit of a lie.

Yes, thank you, I wasn't sure how to word that, but that last bit is what I meant to say.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I am actually happy that Shirobako, one of the best shows of recent times that you should totally watch by the way, was mostly devoid of shipping subtext or other dumb baiting like some other shows I could mention. That said, this was still a pretty nice read and I could see this working for these characters.

Here's hoping for season 2, make that dream project happen you five!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNht9HVDLY

To reply you must either login or sign up.