Forum › Baby Sweet Berry Love discussion

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

A cute NanoFate a day keeps... something something...

So cute!

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Daaaaaw.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

So cute :D

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

Young Fate and Arf are so cute

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So cute!
I'm not mostly a doujin person, but I've become very fond of NanoFate. I've never even seen the anime, but I feel like I know them better than most characters in series I've actually read. Always good to see their happiness together!

joined Jan 22, 2015

So cute!
I'm not mostly a doujin person, but I've become very fond of NanoFate. I've never even seen the anime, but I feel like I know them better than most characters in series I've actually read. Always good to see their happiness together!

I know what you mean!
Though for me its the many characters of the Touhou Project which I understand to be a game. But there is just so many fan works out there that I can truly see all sides of their personalities.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Precious babies... makes me want to rewatch the films

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

So cute! Always great to see some NanoFate (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Also: REFLECTION!! (╯✧∇✧)╯

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Hng, too perfect. The big shot at the end with Fate-chan smiling is like a follow-up to that last doujin

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 3:37AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The second panel on page 8 gave me the Feels. -__- You were not "created", Fate, you were born, just like any other person. The fact that Fate doesn't seem to be in the least fazed by stuff like this is both awe-inspiring and depressing AF.

Also, I love it when fan fiction remembers that Nanoha is a hereditary baker by trade. :D

last edited at Oct 4, 2016 12:47PM

joined Feb 3, 2016

The second panel on page 8 gave me the Feels. -__- You were not "created", Fate, you were born, just like any other person. The fact that Fate doesn't seem to be in the least fazed by stuff like this is both awe-inspiring and depressing AF.

Also, I love it when fan fiction remembers that Nanoha is a hereditary baker by trade. :D

"Technically", she is a clone of another girl or a "test tube baby" So created and Born kinda are one in the same.
that said, it is still depressing that she is aware that she isn't a "Naturally born" being.

Still love this series though.

...Yes I am that guy who brings the buzzkills...sorry.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"Technically", she is a clone of another girl or a "test tube baby" So created and Born kinda are one in the same.
that said, it is still depressing that she is aware that she isn't a "Naturally born" being.

It's not so much the technical term used for her origin as the fact that her language seems to reveal a certain level of self-objectification. Her saying "when I was created" shows that at least some part of her still thinks "I am a thing", which is what is depressing here...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's not so much the technical term used for her origin as the fact that her language seems to reveal a certain level of self-objectification. Her saying "when I was created" shows that at least some part of her still thinks "I am a thing", which is what is depressing here...

At the time this story would take place, she'd have been told exactly that by the main person she cared about for most of her life. Her mother wasn't exactly shy about calling her a creation, and a bad one at that.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At the time this story would take place, she'd have been told exactly that by the main person she cared about for most of her life. Her mother wasn't exactly shy about calling her a creation, and a bad one at that.

Indeed. I wonder how many years it took for Lindy to "decondition" (so to speak) her after that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Indeed. I wonder how many years it took for Lindy to "decondition" (so to speak) her after that.

One thing I really like in the series is how Lindy stepped up to the plate. She makes a really strong, positive mother figure for Fate, and Arf's unwavering support now being channelled into an older sister role doesn't hurt either.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

Really, the whole franchise has some of the best adoptive parents in any media. Lindy, Fate and Nanoha themselves, Genya Nakajima (who gets absolute top marks here), and I think we have to include Hayate, honestly. (Rinne's parents also seem to be good people, though her arc kinda depends on them not being great at parenting — pushing her abruptly into the rich girl school where she got bullied, and not tempering her cruel streak in her juvenile bloodsport career.) Heck, if I remember Triangle Hearts right (and that part is still semi-canon), I think Miyuki is technically adopted (she's supposedly the dad's sister's daughter) and Momoka is Kyouya's stepmom, so adoptive all around. One of the themes of the whole series is that you can choose your family.

I really do love the part early on in A's when Chrono is expositing about what's known of the Wolkenritter, and Fate's response is, "Artificial people? Ah, so they're like me." Chrono and Lindy immediately fall all over themselves to reassure Fate that she's real, which is great, and it also sets up how created doesn't mean fake for them, either.

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

^Yeah that is a pretty special flavor of this series.

That was really nice, thanks for the TL Ron!

To reply you must either login or sign up.