Forum › Saki discussion

joined Mar 30, 2012

Is that foreshadowing Nodoka actually has some hidden power with her left hand? among all the dozens of characters, Nodoka's the only one playing "100% logic" so is she finally gonna show some special powers? :O

i i think she thinks saki is better

Yeah, i think that's what everyone thinks their argument was about, how saki is holding back

saki chosing to gather just enough to finish second

And if Saki gets second here, they'll win the finals :D well, the Nationals anime already sort of spoiled who will be going onto the finals a bit.

last edited at Apr 5, 2015 4:34AM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Is that foreshadowing Nodoka actually has some hidden power with her left hand? among all the dozens of characters, Nodoka's the only one playing "100% logic" so is she finally gonna show some special powers? :O

Yup, in the end using 100% logic is extremely hard in the Saki Mahjong-verse where everyone wields the power of gods and demons and whatsoever. So now Nodoka will gain the power of her left hand on top of her Edopen power and hopefully make her a little more efficient

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Saki has her game face on! So looking forward to how this turns out.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Nodoka has some interesting discussion about left-handed people in mahjong. I'm also curious as to who told her about it being better to use her right hand, since it seems to refer to when she first learned how to play mahjong, something that happened before she even came to Achiga. Perhaps a flashback will shed light on this.

Kinue seems to be taking the loss somewhat hard, as I expected. I'm curious as to how she'll feel when, as I suspect, Himematsu gets eliminated.

It's nice to hear more about Usuzan's plans for the future. It seems as though, even if they've accepted that they've all but lost already, the outcome is still within their plans.

It's interesting to see that Teru's attitude toward Saki may be shifting, however slightly, even if she's still not referring to her by name ("It might be tough for that girl, since it will be her second match against Suehara-san") and seems to be making excuses to avoid watching the match.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Teru [...] seems to be making excuses to avoid watching the match.

and Saki didn't watch Teru's match either. so curious.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Finally an update where we learn about Saki's true ability :D

stormseeker39
Fltbla001_120
joined May 21, 2015

Wait, the kokaji-akado-noyori-hayarin match was the vanguard match (!), interesting. I think most readers assumed that was the captain match.

Also, the socks comes off this time around

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe time for another NSFW tag?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch143#3

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Do you think that underwear brands in Japan get no business, or is Japan just an untapped market in the saki-verse?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

They bough their clothes together with strike witches universe but there was an error In the delivery, the witches got all the underwear and SAki got all the pants and skirt

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

They bough their clothes together with strike witches universe but there was an error In the delivery, the witches got all the underwear and SAki got all the pants and skirt

This answer is perfect and makes so much sense.

joined May 24, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch109#3

There is no way she's wearing underwear under that.

and there's THIS

How can THAT NOT qualify for ecchi?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Do you think that underwear brands in Japan get no business, or is Japan just an untapped market in the saki-verse?

Japanese society has turned its back(side) on underwear. preferring the gentle breezes of summer.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Japanese society has turned its back(side) on underwear. preferring the gentle breezes of summer.

Butt what about winter?

Edit: I meant but, my finger slipped and happy accident, I'm leaving it.

last edited at May 21, 2015 9:23PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I meant but, my finger slipped and happy accident, I'm leaving it.

Not sure if I believe you.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I meant but, my finger slipped and happy accident, I'm leaving it.

Not sure if I believe you.

Genuinely, because I'm using my phone.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

2 pages in "Did I accidentally click on the achiga manga?...oh lol".

This answer is perfect and makes so much sense.

You mean that's not canon? huh...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Huh, last person I remember who could counter Saki was Yumi from Tsuruga Academy. This is going to be interesting o_o

K2
joined May 22, 2014

so early, not worried about it at all, saki is just testing the field , she will go God mode later on, it's interesting learning some more about saki's powers , I didn't even she could the wall in the future

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Huh, last person I remember who could counter Saki was Yumi from Tsuruga Academy. This is going to be interesting o_o

there's hisa, in the individual (anime only), and koromo too, even after saki take off her socks she made many points, but in those 2 match saki capabily used an other player to win,
this match will be long and thorny, expecially long
anyway, the long skirt is sure better on saki

last edited at May 22, 2015 3:18AM

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

Sawaya is a pagan!

Her christian teammates didn't do their job, huh.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Woah, this chapter is so good :D That's what I love about Saki :D

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"If you lose focus, you die!"

Mahong seems to be an extremely dangerous table game.
It reminds me of that Yu-gi-oh parody where the word "Duel" was replaced with "Childrens card game"

last edited at Jun 21, 2015 7:24PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I believe this is how Saki will resolve:

"But you DO have a sister, Teru!" Teru was pretty sure she didn't, and she wanted to read her Kouko Sukoya Super Love Edition manga. But this was the fourth or fifth time someone had bothered her about it. With a sigh, she put down the doujin and looked up at Awai. "Okay, who is this sister?" Awai was shocked but said "Saki." Teru held her cup out and said "but who is she?" Finally after 15 minutes Teru slapped her forehead. "I did have a .. cousin named Umeshu .. or maybe a mother?" Awai helped her out by also slapping her forehead hard with her fist. Hisa brought in Saki, and the two scatterbrained sisters had a good laugh and a hug. After a few minutes, Teru said "Wait, why are we hugging, am I your girlfriend?" "Saki looked down at Teru's chest and said, "I don't think so" Saki was right, the whole thing was a misunderstanding after all! And Kiyosumi won the nationals!

To reply you must either login or sign up.