Forum › Posts by waaaaht

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I don't know anymore, the story isn't going anywhere for a while now, but I'm still on the ride because of the little gay moments lmao.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Why do the characters always act like nothing happened in the previous chapter. They think about it, but they don't call the other person out on it. Like you know, Seol-A can ask No-Rae about that almost kiss, or No-Rae could ask Seol-A about that night she sung for her and why Seol-A suddenly went outside. (and the other moments they could have confronted each other)

I mean... why do they always leave things the way it is?

waaaaht
Lavender discussion 18 Feb 04:28
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Look at the crayon-like art style! The long haired girl is cute.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Maki had the most human answer to when they were doing it at Nicos house O.O

Truth. This is actually the first yuri manga/doujin I've read where they actually said the things that most female couples tend to put aside, the 'who's the top and the bottom' the 'i dont want the only one to feel good' 'how do we come at the same time' etc etc.

this was embarrassingly honest.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 8:25AM

waaaaht
Stretch discussion 14 Feb 02:14
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

The mangaka said they might work on a sequel to this right? And it might have a development between the relationship of the two? What happened to that?

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

With a sensitive soul like No-rae, what happened with Sung-pyo left a scar and made her feel insecure. To prevent herself from being hurt again, No-rae is waiting for something more rigid, something more-like-love, something that she could trust will last. Thus it explained why she ran away after realizing her feelings for Seol-a. "Don't go down something that isn't a path" was her reason (Ssamba never explicitly portrayed anything against gay people in the story, but both protagonists' hesitant attitude throughout the series speaks for itself). So her decision to stay by Seol-a as friends afterwards was already a big step forward for No-rae.

One thing I like about No-Rae is her stand towards relationships now, I guess after her last relationship, she now knows the consequences of impulsive actions, the risk of getting into something you're not 100% sure. She isn't a brave person, that's why she'd rather be cautious. It's rare to see a girl that stubborn about love, you know, the kind of girl who wants a love so certain that you would immediately know what is it just by pointing to it.

(points to Seol-A) That is love.

lol.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 2:09AM

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

anonymous

I may be in the minority, but I really would prefer no confession.

Just my view, but I never liked confessions in stories all that much. Also, it's also a trope that I feel is overused. Now, not to get into a huge tangent about tropes/cliches, but in short, I don't feel all tropes are "bad" per se, but The Confession™ is one that is seen really frequently in yuri stories, and heck, romance/love stories in general across all mediums, even including movies. To me, it seems like such a "typical" way to get a relationship started. Not necessarily a "bad" way, just... really typical. My hope is that FF, being mostly not typical in its storytelling and plot progression (IMO, of course), would avoid this trope.

Also, though stories != real life, how often do relationships IRL start with a straight-up confession? OK, YMMV definitely, and anything that anyone says, including myself, is purely anecdotal and not... scientifically or statistically proven. But I would think most relationships start in a more "natural" way? As in... both people know they like each other, not with some sort of major "profession of love" at a single point in time, but rather, through spending time with each other over a period of time, there is an unsaid awareness from both sides that they are attracted to and have feelings for one another. And in such a case, a confession would be purely... redundant? Is this too crazy of a thought? ;P

Now, if FF really does go with a "traditional" direct confession, well, I wouldn't be disappointed or "angry" or anything. OK, maybe slightly disappointed. :3

But yeah, that's that.

Lol I always have mixed feelings about confessions in mangas. I spent up to 11th grade in Asia. Back then I gotta say girls always expected confessions before becoming an official gf. If a guy took too much time to mutter up a confession, he's good to be gone. But after I moved to the States, if a guy asked you out on a date, it's kinda a declaration that he's interested in you. Whatever happens on the date (kissing or whatever), it means you're onto the next step. An official confession is rarely needed. Time passed and I kinda got used to my new culture. So when I started reading manga again, it was nostalgic, but sometimes annoying at the same time lol. I started wondering if it's really that needed; maybe it wasn't all that important in my home country. So I did a lil research, and concluded that confessions are mostly needed if you're in Japan, whether you're a female or male lol
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/09/18/kokuhaku-do-people-in-japan-do-love-confessions-irl-or-is-it-just-in-anime-and-dramas (exactly your question up there, anonymous lol)
http://www.tofugu.com/2013/10/23/japans-love-confessing-culture/
http://blog.gaijinpot.com/dating-differences-america-japan/
To me confessions put you in a vulnerable position to be rejected. It hurts to be rejected verbally. Whereas going on casual dates to see if the other person responds (well or not) to your advances (holding hands, or kissing) feels less vulnerable. On that aspect alone, I personally think Japanese are much braver than Americans (I live in the US so I don't know about the rest of the world). But........... maybe from Japanese perspective, Americans are pretty brave to start holding someone's hands before knowing how the other persons feels for sure. lol.
I'm not sure about Koreans, but I have a feeling they're kinda similar to Japanese considering how Ssamba briefly mentioned about confessions in chapter 2 & 48.

Never in my life I had witnessed in real life someone who confessed to a person, you know, like those in the mangas. I live in Philippines, and I don't know if it's a tradition or in the culture, but in my experience living here all my life, when you like someone, the one thing that people do first is to be friends with the person, and not some straight up confession. You get close to them as much as possible, maybe flirt with them in a subtle way, but you will never hear a confession out of nowhere lol.

I think the difference is that, in Japan, when you confess to someone, it's either you get dumped or you date, whether you're someone they're not close with, or someone they've been with for a long time, but here in PH, when you say that you like them, it's either you ask them to date you and they agreed, you are allowed to continue being friends with them, you get rejected, or let you court them. And when they let you court them, that does not mean 'you're dating' or you're boyfriend/girlfriend, it only means that the person wants to see what you have to offer, they want to see how deep your feelings and how serious you are. And the most hardest thing here, is the possibility of you being 'busted/rejected' at the end.

In short,
JP = PH
Casually dating = Mutual Understanding Stage (can also mean Courting Stage depending on the situation)
Exclusively dating = Relationship

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 14 Feb 01:30
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Out of all the characters of Citrus until now, I still think Harumin's gonna end up with a boyfriend. XD But oh well, it wouldn't be the first that Saburouta surprises me, so...

The male population is really thin in Citrus. I don't foresee any male romantic interest in there. Maybe an asshole or two, like the guy in the beginning.

I don't know why, but everytime there's a male love interest in a yuri manga it pisses me off. lmao.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

so in short, this is about an ace girl's story of falling in love? It'd be nice if the mangaka would continue making Yuu analyze every situation rather than just go along with it without questioning things. This is interesting.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 8:17PM

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 09 Feb 17:57
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

b) and c) are more likely to be the case here, either way that hint of Harumin possibly liking Yuzu was 6 chapters ago and nothing came out of it, I think Saburouta thought about going there but had a change of mind but who knows maybe it was actually a long term storyline plan and there will be something in the future.

I think it's a long-term story line, I think that revealing Harumin's possible feelings for Yuzu early in the story will have much more impact when it finally happens in the future, because then we'd know that Harumin might be hurting from the start and just hides it until she couldn't contain it anymore and then boom whazam.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Ohh, I liked that comparison. I saw some comparisons too on the internet but I forgot where was it. I guess Ssamba likes making parallels between the past and the present to see which is which.

And I liked that part before Seol-A got in the snowboard accident, No-Rae was with Sung-Pyo, her ex lover, the person she once loved, and yet she's thinking about Seol-A, and there we see Seol-A, distracting herself from jealousy. Like, just kiss already dammit.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Wow this story...

what a stretch.

ha ha ha....

get it? Anyone? Streeeetch.... like the manga Stretch....
where nothing happened
between the two main characters
aside from their platonic interactions with each other.

yeah... so stretchy.

well, i think that stretch is also a slow paced story, the mangaka said it will have a sequel so lets hope they will have some romance-ish in it.

I like this story and art but man, it feels like not much has happened, even compared to Sasameki Koto.

Think the first half of Girl Friends, only more so.

It's already kind of notorious for being a slow burn, but not a badly written one.

Yeah, Fluttering Feelings is really slow, but I think that Ssamba only wants the story to be filled with little things that help develop the love story, rather than giving us some impulsive actions from the characters, here you get to see them slowly connecting with each other. i think thats really cute.

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 5:24PM

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 08 Feb 03:36
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I actually kinda root for Harumin. I think she would treat Yuzu so much better. If I had to guess I would say Harumin will be the "last boss". Hopefully that happens.

Same here, kinda got tired of Yuzu x Mei around ch 14 I still like them but idk I just wish Yuzu x Harumin could happen in some way even if it was just for drama.

I'm sure this Yuzu x Harumin will happen. I think that Harumin will be Mei's hardest opponent in the whole story since, of course, she's the 'best friend.' And Saburouta already hinted this right? As I remember on chapter 12.5, Harumin and Matsuri had a talk and Matsuri asked her if she likes Yuzu, Harumin said no and she even cleared it by saying she does NOT have 'romantic interest' in Yuzu. Matsuri replied by saying Harumin's only trying to distance herself from conflict because she does not want to get hurt. Matsuri said that she and Harumin likes the same person, and added that 'it's female intuition' and on the same panel you can see Harumin having that lines on her cheek that you often see in a mangas and animes when someone's blushing (or maybe I'm just being exaggerated but it's there) anyway, Harumin did not said anything about that but responded by 'sigh' and saying 'whatever,' is this an indication she lost the argument and had no further thing left to say to deny it? And at the last panel, Matsuri said that she has found a crack in Harumin's shield. So I guess, the crack that she's referring to is Harumin's feelings for Yuzu that she's trying to suppress by dressing like gyaru and trying to look like a girl who does not swing in a different way?

Maybe Harumin is 'like that' but does not want to admit it because:
A) She's afraid of her sister (we all are, anyway)
B) She's afraid Yuzu might distance herself because she may not reciprocate it
C) Or worse, lose their friendship
D) She's afraid of what people might think of her

But then again, maybe I'm just exaggerating things after I saw that panel in chapter 18 where Yuzu's fan (what's her name again?) was imagining gay stuff and saying she's an avid supporter of "HaruYuzu."

Idk.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Yeah, the sex was great, but...
Can we please take a moment to appreciate Nico-chan's graceful way of sleeping in pages 3, 10 and 19?

She really has the passion for that thing huh. XD

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

This was a nice read.

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 17 Mar 04:47
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

As for Harumin coupling? I keep thinking it's going to be with Matsuri. In that short extra (iirc ch. 12.5), Matsuri kept probing Harumin and even to a degree read her like a book. it may sound like an ill conceived pairing, but it's one i think would work out quite well.

I think Matsuri did that to provoke Harumi, or use that information someday, because honestly, Harumi's feelings would be in the way of Mei and Yuzu if ever they heard it.

Santa, I know it's a whole half a year and more early, but this is it. This is my wish.

And I'm inclined to agree that Sabu is plannin' something big for Harumin.

I definitely agree with this. From all of the characters in the story, I'm most excited to see how Harumi's feelings and actions would be in the future. She's interesting.

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 16 Mar 13:52
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I'm german myself, the three things I quoted sounded like direct translations of german phrases and germans are pretty hard to have discussions with. That's all it was, sorry if I offended you, I guess.
I'm also sorry for bringing personal things in here, that was the first argument that came to mind. Lastly, sorry to everyone that didn't just scroll over my lengthy rants. I'm gonna cut it here.

I'm actually hoping this means Yuzu'll finally forget Mei (and her dickery) and go straight to Harumin's loving bosom

I hope Harumi would confess or something sooner. She definitely should play a major role somewhere in the story.

I honestly don't want Harumin as a love interest, at all. It is difficult to find a story where the best friend is simply a best friend. They're always interested in the MC someway and it honestly causes drama that I am not interested in, which is a funny thing to say considering this is Citrus.
Harumin is great as a best friend and that's how she should stay. Though what would be even worse than Harumin x Yuzu is Harumin x Matsuri, that damn special chapter, god I would hate that and that would really hurt Citrus for me. Harumin shouldn't be a part of any romance, she is better that way, in my opinion.

Well, I'm hoping for Harumin x Yuzu myself but since there's no chance of that happening, I hope Harumin is at least not gonna join any love triangles. I have a really hard time believing that she is not going to have unrequited feelings for Yuzu in the future, though.

She already has unrequited feelings for Yuzu, right? You can see she blushed at the part where Matsuri says, "It's female intuition" Harumi sighed at that. And we know that Matsuri is a smart girl, she knows what's going on, so I can say that she really did found a crack in Harumi's shield. If Saburouta doesn't have any plans for her in the future, then why did he created that conversation? It would be pointless to make that scene and just leave it there and go on with the story like it didn't happen. Yes, Harumi is a great best friend, that's why I would love her to get involved someday, because her relationship with Yuzu is much more healthier than that of Mei. I want Yuzu to realize that relationship or love isn't just about lust and wanting to touch each other every goddamn time. If there's someone who could compete with Mei, it's gonna be Harumi.

But I think there's a low probability (for now) that Harumi would chase after Yuzu, because just like what Matsuri said, "It might sound wise to cautiously watch things play out from a distance, but it just means you're afraid of getting hurt. You're always running away from conflict." If Harumi really is running away from her feelings by putting up a Gyaru front, then she's clever enough to know what's better for them.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Still no update?? -__-

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 15 Mar 16:22
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

I'm actually hoping this means Yuzu'll finally forget Mei (and her dickery) and go straight to Harumin's loving bosom

I hope Harumi would confess or something sooner. She definitely should play a major role somewhere in the story.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Am i the only one happy with how it ends?
Even if i'd have loved to really see the two of them kissing properly (we don't see their faces) and a bit more, i feel happy seeing them together again, with ah-chan knowing what she really want this time x)

no, you are not alone in that

Me too. I wouldn't want an ending to be them all giggly and lovey dovey to each other and those bs.
I think it was the best way to end the story. It felt matured and firm to just stare at the person you love waiting for them to wake up and know that things are finally falling in the right places.

waaaaht
Citrus discussion 05 Mar 10:14
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

It's hard to deal with someone who can't be honest, someone who says something and means another. It's also hard to deal with someone who knows what to do, but doesn't do it, it leaves you hanging and waiting and wondering whether you should do the first move or not. What keeps them from being apart is the misunderstanding and uncertainty of feelings - it's always been those things that makes it complicated. Mei and Yuzu don't fit it with each other, it's obvious, but what is there that love can't find a way? (:

though I want to see more Harumin x Yuzu. Their relationship is more lively.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Mugi is always epic.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Madoka was so cute here.

waaaaht
Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

The extra was gold.