Forum › Citrus discussion

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Wooooooow. When I thought things could only get better on this page.

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

just guessing maybe it was mei fault why her mom died.

**********some spoilers********************
This is actually a good theory..... compared to the "Mei got molested by her dad and that would explain why he is never home cause he travels around to avoid meeting Mei and why the grampa acted so hastily when he saw Yuzu and Mei, in that compromising situation" Theory. I say this is a good Theory because of the Ch. 6 english Prototype version I read... which has Mei confess to Yuzu after she receives a letter from her father in which she does not open that she is scared of what her father might think of her... and goes on to ask Yuzu if she thinks she can repair her relationship with her father up..... so you might be on to something there...

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 2:22PM

Images
joined Sep 25, 2013

i love this manga..
it's cute >_<

joined May 23, 2013

Yuri project will continue everything citrus, that includes chp 5 and 6 and the short story :)

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

This is actually a good theory..... compared to the "Mei got molested by her dad and that would explain why he is never home cause he travels around to avoid meeting Mei and why the grampa acted so hastily when he saw Yuzu and Mei, in that compromising situation" Theory. I say this is a good Theory because of the Ch. 6 english Prototype version I read... which has Mei confess to Yuzu after she receives a letter from her father in which she does not open that she is scared of what her father might think of her... and goes on to ask Yuzu if she thinks she can repair her relationship with her father up..... so you might be on to something there...

Yup that's what I also thought, she doesn't hate his father (that would be the case if the father actually did something wrong to Mei) more like she's guilty of something (or she's blaming herself) that's why she can't open that letter.

For example the father actually said something to Mei like blaming her out of his madness and grief when that unfortunate event happened or his dad is grieving by himself by moving out and going anywhere avoiding Mei coz she looks like her mom, something like that... but Mei interpret that as a sign of his father blaming her so he abandon her,... and now his dad is trying to reach her estrange daughter probably feeling guilty as well for abandoning her but it seems like Mei never actually read or reply (communicate) anything to his dad making his dad insecure thinking his daughter hate him. (and the fan-fiction ends there)

but if that would be the case what could a 10 years old? kid had done to actually cause something like that?

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 2:43PM

Lily%20season1
joined Feb 4, 2013

Yup that's what I also thought, she doesn't hate his father (that would be the case if the father actually did something wrong to Mei) more like she's guilty of something (or she's blaming herself) that's why she can't open that letter.

For example the father actually said something to Mei like blaming her out of his madness and grief when that unfortunate event happened or his dad is grieving by himself by moving out and going anywhere avoiding Mei coz she looks like her mom, something like that... but Mei interpret that as a sign of his father blaming her so he abandon her,... and now his dad is trying to reach her estrange daughter probably feeling guilty as well for abandoning her but it seems like Mei never actually read or reply (communicate) anything to his dad making his dad insecure thinking his daughter hate him. (and the fan-fiction ends there)

but if that would be the case what could a 10 years old? kid had done to actually cause something like that?

Well, is it mentioned that Mei's mother is dead in the first place?? Perhaps Mei's mother abandoned both Mei and her father, and as you stated, seeing how Mei looks very much like her mother Mei's dad couldn't handle it, so he left as well. But seeing that Mei has a particular issue when it comes to her Daddy is it perhaps that she wasn't that close to her mother to begin with? That still leaves the final question to our puzzle what exactly happened between Mei and her father the day she stopped caring? is it the shock of rejection or abandonment that turned her into an Ice Queen?
.......that or Mei's mamma is dead...

but seriously what is with Mei's interest with Yuzu?? as we have seen Momo has demonstrated a large "interest" in Mei but was straight out rejected with a "stop interfering in my life"..... so what exactly is going on, I'm beginning to wonder if Yuzu and Mei were acquainted in the past.... but Yuzu doesn't seem to recall MAYBE?? okay I'm gonna stop .....for now.

last edited at Oct 5, 2013 2:42PM

Kuro_bear
joined Apr 1, 2013

I shall keep my dignity and wait p_p

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Spoiler tagged all the things. If you really have to involve unreleased material in your theories please use spoiler tags.
like this ==like this==

joined Aug 5, 2013

It's funny how I've re-read all the available chapters but I'm still going 'kyaaah!' and 'noooo don't do that!' even though I know what's going to happen on the next page haha :D

joined Nov 11, 2010

So, just read Yuri Project's ch.5 release (on their home page). Kinda have to say that all the criticism of Mei (like calling her 'cold' and shit) is totally uncalled for. You know that the way Momokino came onto her partway through the chapter could pretty much be called rape/sexual assault, right. Same thing with Yuzu pushing her down at the end of chapter 4. Basically the reason Mei was frustrated/being standoffish with Yuzu was because she was tired of being looked at as primarily a sexual object (i.e. Yuzu was acting pretty much just like Momokino). It's pretty clear to me that Mei is open to being with Yuzu eventually, but not without overcoming her issues and establishing their emotional connection first.

As for why Mei is more open to Yuzu versus Momokino, part of it is the sincerity Yuzu has shown in trying to stand by her and be a good sister to her (settling the issue with the fiance/teacher and saving her grandfather, for example), and the other is that Mei realizes she is partly responsible for Yuzu's feelings thanks to her actions at the start of the series (kissing/assaulting Yuzu a couple times) herself. Momokino's clingy behaviour/sexual interest, by comparison, is purely self-interested.

Below is ch. 6 stuff since I went and read YuriProject's preview version after seeing the stuff in this thread:
About Mei's relationship with her father, maybe there was some significant reason for him taking off to random other countries 7 years ago, but I think Mei's issue is simply insecurity that he doesn't care about her since he's been away for so long. Because she's afraid to know what he thinks of her, she hasn't been reading his letters/otherwise trying to interact with him which would be the first step in improving their relationship in the first place.

Yuzu's impression that what Mei wants/needs is the emotional support of a family isn't quite wrong, but she's still jumping to the wrong conclusion that that means she and Mei can't be lovers. After all, in the end a genuine lover/partner is family too.

I really dig the pseudo-incest undertones in the series, lol. The kinky, sometimes nonsensically smutty progression of this series is great. I think that's the primary merit Yuzu's POV brings to the story, since other times she comes off as just way too insensitive and careless. Regardless, Mei and Yuzu have some seriously great chemistry, and that's what's keeping me reading and interested right now.

last edited at Oct 10, 2013 6:13PM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

You need to know that it isn't the spoiler tag's fault. It's me.

Curiosity kills the cat, so they say. I was spoiled because my damn curiosity wanted to see those with black lines. And I read it. Not that it greatly affected me but wow... I'm quite stupid~

1014444_207779289375131_131166766_n
joined Jul 19, 2013

How come chapter 6 is already out in Spanish?

joined May 23, 2013

Have some frikin respect have any idea how much time it was invested in this project? an chp 6 is almost comming out and so is the special..people are just so frikin inpatient it bugs me at times...

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

And more drama unfolds!
Ugh Yuzu...come on grow a pair please. She wears her heart on her sleeve [almost literally] and and when the slightest bump comes along [VP] she doesn't know how to handle it and runs. QUIT RUNNING GODDAMMIT! Go after dat ass if you want it that badly! The more you keep Mei waiting the further she'll drift away from you! >.<

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How come chapter 6 is already out in Spanish?

Spanish people can translate too.

Well a rival was unexpected since the situation is already complicated alone, poor blonde ... And why such a Grrrrrr rival!? what's up with the fair play?

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

Any chances that extras from volume 1 will be also translated to eng? One story is realllly cute ^^ (only looked on pics - text was in spanish xD). Does anyone know?

I know spanish! Tell me more! Where did you read it??!?!?

joined May 23, 2013

Any chances that extras from volume 1 will be also translated to eng? One story is realllly cute ^^ (only looked on pics - text was in spanish xD). Does anyone know?

I know spanish! Tell me more! Where did you read it??!?!?

just letting you all know chp 6 is days hours away from getting publish...
also I know the spanish people who publish it got the scans from yp to begin with...

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

This is great! I'm hooked on this serie. wait too long feels like someone is slowly cutting me with a knife. (Being dramatic)

joined Apr 3, 2013

The last page on chapter 5 surprised me. The second panel of Mei's shock made the first panel heartbreaking in a way. I could almost hear Yuzu's voice.

Well done indeed.

(Obligatory thanks to scanlators~)

joined Oct 11, 2013

Aghhh finally a new chapter came up it took like freaking 3 months!!! Well finally i hope the creator can upload more chapters more quickly

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hello. Any more complaining about when the next chapter will come out will now be met with a swift and costly ban from me personally.

I also feel the need to point everyone to Lord Casu's words on page 15. Moving along...

I really dig the pseudo-incest undertones in the series, lol. The kinky, sometimes nonsensically smutty progression of this series is great. I think that's the primary merit Yuzu's POV brings to the story, since other times she comes off as just way too insensitive and careless. Regardless, Mei and Yuzu have some seriously great chemistry, and that's what's keeping me reading and interested right now.

Yeah, pretty much this.

last edited at Oct 16, 2013 4:18PM

joined Jun 27, 2013

That credit page looks awesome!
Really great job, can't wait for chapter 6~

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Mei has such a freaking super harem

I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word harem means.

As of right now only two people have a love interest in her. A harem requires three.

There's room for more...

Also I could see the vice president becoming interested in Yuzu too. It's Yuri, anything could happen!!! At least I like to think that...

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah that was a heated encounter... <3

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

oh god, the story is getting so good ><
and I'm the type that doesn't like drama, but this type of drama is too good to miss ;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.