Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

We got as far as finally having Homura's story revealed, so pretty far in, only a couple episodes left. She was just as bothered by Kyouko's "prayer" as I was, heh. (Yes that's right, I'm a 41 year old KyoSaya fangirl, come @ me lol)

The only way I'd come @ you for being a KyouSaya fangirl is in a sign of comradery to you!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That's great!!! glad to know you two had fun xP I was lucky enough to watch the series without spoiling myself with THAT and lol I was shocked, and then it was one revelation after another I think I saw the whole anime with this "D:" face... AND THEN Rebellion happened and I was ((((D:))))

I said this on another thread but I would be so happy if they make a movie about Walpurgis Night, the origin and the end.

I too went into it bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and unspoiled, and I too went "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:" through most of it. And then I watched Rebellion, and that one moment with Kyouko and Sayaka I went "oh my little gay heart", hahahaha

I still get chills every time I hear that Walpurgis laugh, lol

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Why do you people care so much about what Rowling says or thinks? Anyone may use these platforms whether or not they are a "bigot" or not and while I may or may not approve of what they say, I think the people should have the right to say it.

YarnGirl already answered for me. But my rant would've been more generalized not just on J.K. but on groups that brainwash vulnerable people as well.
Yes, mental abuse is my trigger. The only right way to influence people is by telling them to think for themselves and build their own personality/opinion.

Aaaaaaaay Shades finally had her sleepover~

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/74068214
Girls und Panzer Miho x Yukari

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

This is why we separate art from the artist.

joined Oct 22, 2018

fast forward a century, when someone separates "The Story of Zadura and Odlega" from me and makes a Puella Magi spin-off manga off of it

joined Oct 22, 2018

Montenegro really got a crisis this year, huh? I don't remember if it started in late 2019 or early 2020, but ever since the DPS decided to make a new law about religion and stuff (despite the head of that party being an atheist), the Mitropoly of Montenegro and the Litoral, itself a part of the Serbian Orthodox Church, supported by, not just many devout believers, but also the conservative, right-wing, serbist coalition DF, the largest oppositionary political grouping, went to protest on Thursdays and Sundays in litanies. That is, until COVID reached Montenegro. The whole earlier mentioned law is kinda controversial, and, from what little I understand, it infringes a bit on the religious freedom stipulations from the constitution? Anyways, DPS has dominated Montenegrin politics for 3 decades, and more recently they (or, rather, Milo, their leader, together with his inner circle) had started going more authoritarian. The only way I can describe what I see here is like what Putin and his ER party have done in Russia, but, like, politically centrist. Anyways, the first wave of COVID passed here with a pretty low number of fatalities, even if you take into account the fact that Montenegro's population is just over two thirds of a million. The hardest hit area by percentage of population was, I think, the Tuzi municipality (unrelated, but its demographics are largely made up of Catholic Albanians). But barely has the first wave ended when all hell broke loose in the Budva municipality (if you ever heard of any tourist spots in Montenegro, it (much to my chagrin, since I'm more of a Korita, Čanj, Buljarica, Petrovac and Njivice type'a person) would probably be Budva). Y'see, in the most recent municipal parliamentary and presidential elections, a large chunk of the opposition banded together, narrowly defeating DPS and its coalition partners to take the government there. It was DF and a centre-right party, the Democrats (also supportive of the litanies), calling the shots, but this oppositional coalition also included the SNP (another supporter of the litanies), DEMOS, SDP, URA, as well as (weirdly, considering they sided with the DPS on the whole litany crisis) the LP and the Montenegrin. However, the DPS and their SD coalition partners managed to get a majority more recently by making new coalition partners. The oppositional coalition saw this as an unlawful power-grab, them and their supporters protesting, and the president of the municipality rejecting to abandon his post when the DPS tried to put their own candidate into position. Police was sent in, and, in a story that surely must look familiar to anyone following recent events in the USA, deployed tear-gas, beating the protesters and arresting the municipal president. The thing is, though, the regular police may be in the hands of the national government, but the communal police was in the hands of the municipal government, which, weirdly, caused an inter-police conflict. In the following days, the crowd responded to police violence with violence of their own. The police in Budva are outnumbered. In a horrific act, the police even deployed a few canisters of teargas at a local elementary school, which ended up breaking a window of the school gym, forcing the kids and their teachers to evacuate the gym immediatelly. Some Budvan protesters were holding signs saying "We'll get 50% less tourists, but we got a 100% more presidents.", referring to the earlier-mentioned dispute over the municipal presidency. A bit before that, but also kinda more simultaneously, and also affecting me personally more (due to me being forced to make circuitous routes during my walks in attempts to avert the crowds) the litanies re-started during the dying days of COVID's first wave. Given the whole authoritarianism and police brutality things, I was considering temporarily taking the side of the wider opposition against the DPS and its allies, especially after watching some facebook vid by a guy from Cetinje denouncing the DPS' authoritarianism and corruption, but also criticing the opposition for not unifying on a national scale and being more talk than act with the whole "caring about the people" BS they always mention - a vid that kinda speaks volumes, given that the Cetinje municipality is a DPS stronghold. The second wave of COVID is beginning, this time with the Rožaje municipality (unrelated, but it is largely Muslim Bosniaks in demographics) being hit the hardest, which will probably put yet another pause to the political crisis we've been having. Also, remember how I mentioned that I was considering temporarily aligning with the opposition against DPS, despite my hate for the DF and similar right-wing parties/coalitions? Yeah, today a reason emerged for me to back-pedal on that. About a year ago, a bill was introduced to parliament to allow the issuance of same-sex "union" certificates (similar to what they do in several municipalities in Japan, as you may well know), but it got dropped for whatever reason. Now the bill was re-introduced, and the situation, at least from the information I gathered from the news earlier today, the DPS, SD, several minor coalition partners of theirs and various minority parties are largely supporting the bill, while the DF, Democrats, SNP, DEMOS, URA, and FORCA (the largest Albanian party here in Montenegro), amongst others being against the bill, some because they just want to show the middle-finger to DPS, some because they consider it an insult to the traditional family, but most because of both. Only the SDP remains silent on the issue, and their support may tip the scales one way or another. (Then again, no wonder SDP hasn't stated their opinion, given their leader found it necessary to instead participate on some non-governmental panel about the warcrimes of Montenegrin soldiers and state committed during the Yugoslav Wars (I only really remember the Siege of Dubrovnik by name, but they did mention others, which I just happened to forget since the time they mentioned it)). Another item added to my list of grievances against the DF.

last edited at Jun 30, 2020 6:21PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ that was a lot to take in, thanks for sharing.
I almost share the bullshit that's going on in my country right now, but I don't like spreading allegations without proof.

This is why we shouldn't put people in pedestals. Claims should be discarded until enough evidence is provided. This should be taught in schools. it would've saved me from a lot of pain

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/67264867
Youjo senki Tanya x Viktoriya

I FORGOT TO SHARE THIS it doesn't look like it's been translated, though.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 10:52AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm gonna watch K-on Again, thanks Rye for posting that picture.

Also

There are two kind of people

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

My Adorable Bitch

I wanna read that now, just for the title alone

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1217322294759944193
Azur Lane Belfast x Enterprise

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

@BV Could you please summarize your thoughts? I can't understand the point you were trying to get across.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Basically, the same shit you'd expect from 21st century Balkans - politicians and corruption screwing everyone over - but this time even more.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

You know that feeling when you eat something you probably shouldn't but you finish it anyway because throwing it away would be a waste? Yeah....I'm an idiot...

Oh and the next battlepass in Paladins is Sailor moon. Nice but really? Seris getting skins AGAIN?! Evie would be perfect for the theme, she's literally a mahou shoujo witch!

I'm gonna watch K-on Again

And I'm gonna read wife and wife again.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/77072648
Symphogay Hibiki x Miku

joined Oct 22, 2018

I posted this already in the Kyouko x Sayaka thread, but decided to delete it from there and post it here because, while And I'm Home is a song about them, the post simply feels a bit too off-topic-y to be there, so, if you'll indulge me:

Hey, remember that meme I posted on the discord server like last week or something? Y'know, the one where I said that in November I used to listen to And I'm Home so much that I developed a tolerance/imunity to it and haven't been able to cry to it since, like, 1st December? Yeah, you can scratch that meme away now. Though there has been a good several times these last several months where I've listened to the song again, yet didn't cry, after several weeks (IDK, maybe even a few months) of not having heard it, today I listened to it again, and, finally, I got to cry to it again! Huzzah! Best not overdo it like I did in November though, or else I may find myself waiting another 7 months to cry to it again after just a month of listening and unintentionally gruadually building up a tolerance.

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

today I listened to it again, and, finally, I got to cry to it again! Huzzah!

Congrats on feeling emotions again!

I'm gonna watch K-on Again

And I'm gonna read wife and wife again.

And I'm gonna rewatch Kase-san and the Morning Glories and Hitori Bocchi

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/78221710
Kase-san Kase x Yamada

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ok, I didn't get sick but my stomach hurt for 2 days now.

So Honkai 4 is allegedly in development...that means HI3 will probably not be longer than 25 chapters. Now Mei is the one doing dumb stuff and I don't think we'll get a happy ending at this rate. still hyped for the new HoT valk tho.

Oh and Bronya and Seele are still togethet at least.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/68428256
Shadowverse Erika x the princess
I need some help here. Does this girl have a name or not? I was not able to find it, google searches gave me princess connect crossover. I should've searched anne x grea instead

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 9:32AM

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

Ok, I didn't get sick but my stomach hurt for 2 days now.

Just what did you eat that would make your stomach hurt for 2 days? I've usually only felt my stomach hurt for a few hours, but not days.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/58221577
Re:Zero Emilia x Rem Marriage

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Just what did you eat that would make your stomach hurt for 2 days? I've usually only felt my stomach hurt for a few hours, but not days.

3 of these things:

Dad got a horrendous cheap oil bottle and they were extra greasy. This usually doesn't bother me but my mental health also affects my physical health ¯_​(ツ)_/¯
This has happened mutliple times since last year. It wasn't as bad as decembers 2 weeks when I couldn't even sleep from the pain. 1st time I had in IV in a hospital.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Was going through looking for yuri of the Valkyries from FGO and found this:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/77392988

Hildr finding some BDSM of Master Gudako and what I assume is Ophelia. I like how Thrud and Ortlinde react when finding Hildr reading that.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^^ Oof, that gotta be hard. Now I feel bad for wanting to post something completely unrelated.

last edited at Jul 3, 2020 10:48AM

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

^^^ What is that even supposed to be? At first glance, I thought it was chicken, but it doesn't look like it has any meat inside of it. Looks more like just breading.
Also, what the hell did you eat in December at you got an IV in the hospital? ಠ_ಠ

joined Oct 22, 2018

^^^ What is that even supposed to be? At first glance, I thought it was chicken, but it doesn't look like it has any meat inside of it. Looks more like just breading.

Looks like what ex-YU folk like myself would call priganice, except these are flat, while priganice are more like this:

Wtf my government (I live in the UK) is debating whether torture should be made illegal or not

joined Oct 22, 2018

#AbolishTorture

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wtf my government (I live in the UK) is debating whether torture should be made illegal or not

My first thought to that is "...again?" because I'm fairly sure that song and dance was already done once back around 2001. .-. also lol, UK

On a completely unrelated note, this is one of the best productions I've seen of one of the best operas I know (Da Ponte x Mozart is my opera OTP); also freely viewable because the EU does cool shit like that.

Oh and by way of gratuitous personal updates I'll be crashing at my mother's place for the next 2½ months on account of my whole apartement building undergoing mid-life renovations I guess. Good thing we get along. (Also hadn't been paying attention to the schedules and abruptly had to go over 40 hours without sleep to clean up and prepare my home for the whole thing in time...)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah, well, I live in the US and... well, enough said. -_-; Really gotta work on finding me a nice Canadian lady to marry so I can get out of this sh*t hole country. -_-

To reply you must either login or sign up.