Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well, I learned how to write from my grandmother, and people of her generation all tended to have pretty neat and elegant handwriting. Hers, my mother's, and my own all look very similar. I find it both sad and hilarious that most people I run into these days have difficulty reading it, let alone writing it.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, I learned how to write from my grandmother, and people of her generation all tended to have pretty neat and elegant handwriting. Hers, my mother's, and my own all look very similar. I find it both sad and hilarious that most people I run into these days have difficulty reading it, let alone writing it.

It's kind of funny really. As much as I recognize my handwriting as some of the uglier (tho not ugliest) that I've seen, and my grandma's, my uncle's and my late greatgrandpa's handwriting as some of the most beautiful I've seen, I struggle to read their handwriting, while I got used to reading my own ugly hand writing and dad's middling to moderately pretty handwriting.

joined Oct 22, 2018

For some reason, this meme popped into my head even before I joined in on the "languages and writing" conversation, at it has been sporadically getting in and out of my head ever since:

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Dunno how many people here are figure/nendoroid collectors (I can stop buying them whenever I want, I swear it), but a Hinata from Wataten nendoroid just got announced.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Episode 6 (the season 1 finale) of my AHOB series is out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koDxmWdB1R8

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh wow, there is actual conversation happening here... I was ready to go and post that rant into the void of this thread, but that would feel kind of wrong now.

Maybe another time.

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 4:04AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Great to see you again, BugDevil! I swear, if Dynasty Reader was an actual room, and not a site on the Internet, when you returned, I probs would've been the first running to give you a "Welcome back!" hug, if I hadn't been sleeping.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ Great to see you again, BugDevil! I swear, if Dynasty Reader was an actual room, and not a site on the Internet, when you returned, I probs would've been the first running to give you a "Welcome back!" hug, if I hadn't been sleeping.

And I would have dodged it.
I see you changed your avatar.

joined Oct 22, 2018

And I would have dodged it.

Oof.

I did it to match more closely with my YouTube channel and my account on discord, as well as to celebrate finally completing season 1 of AHOB.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I did it to match more closely with my YouTube channel and my account on discord, as well as to celebrate finally completing season 1 of AHOB.

I'll just pretend I understood any of that.
Is there a reason why you got the Anarchy symbol in there? You weren't actually serious about being an anti-establishment anarchist, right?

joined Oct 22, 2018

You weren't actually serious about being an anti-establishment anarchist, right?

laughs in bread

joined Oct 22, 2018

You weren't actually serious about being an anti-establishment anarchist, right?

But, anyways, to give you a more serious answer, well... Short version: Yes. Long version: I literally have a video titled "Beginner's Guide to Overthrowing Capitalism" on my phone.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

But, anyways, to give you a more serious answer, well... Short version: Yes. Long version: I literally have a video titled "Beginner's Guide to Overthrowing Capitalism" on my phone.

I liked it better when it was a intentional joke. Now it's just a joke.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I liked it better when it was a intentional joke. Now it's just a joke.

K

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Feels good to finally have reached the yuri part of my Medusa story. It's only been 10 months...
Now if only I could come up with an ending lol

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 12:54PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Welcome back, BugDevil.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Welcome back, BugDevil.

Hi.

joined Oct 22, 2018

That damn HistoryTime! Why did he need to put a teaser announcing a documentary on the Decline and Fall of the Abbasids at the end of his documentary on the Rise and Height of the Abbasid Caliphate?! Becuase of that teaser, I've been suffering from overhype for 2 full days now!

joined Oct 22, 2018

I can't make this shit up if I tried:
When I was showering (and simultaneously brushing my teeth), I was listening to the audio of episode 27 of Neu Katz's AFOW. At one point, over the music, there was the sound of some zombies. Before I know it, my mom comes rustic into the bathroom asking "What is going on?". Not wanting to risk spewing some of the toothpaste, instead of asking "What?" I just stared at her, confused. She asked me "What was that noise?". I pointed to the phone and, while trying to hold my toothpaste from flowing out, muffled "Zombies.". She, mad that I got her scared over nothing, told me "Are you fucking kidding me? I thought you were vomiting or something. Do you know how much you worried me?", and I shit you not, when I heard her say that, I burst out laughing (still desperately trying to keep my toothpaste from flowing out). She commented something while leaving the bathroom, but I was laughing so hard at her confusing the sound of Nazi zombies with the sound of me vomiting that I almost immediately forgot what she commented! One can't make this shit up. Legit, of all the things that had the potential to keep me awake this night (one way or another), this one may be the one that pushes me over the edge of insomnia.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Congratulations Sakurai, for breaking the internet.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Relating to both yesterday (10th September) and today (11th September) on my school trip:

Literally any two girls in the school trip: hold hands together in public
Me: openly makes comments along the lines of the jokes running around on Dynasty, and secretly ships the girls doing the handholding

Note: this happened more than once both days, and with at least 3, probably more, pairs of girls in my school trip.

last edited at Sep 11, 2019 4:55PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Depending on the culture, holding each other's hands is nothing unusual.
And shipping people in real life is still creepy.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Creepy as it is, who's gonna stop me?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ Creepy as it is, who's gonna stop me?

If your common sense or conscience are too defective to do it for you... I guess nobody.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

If your common sense or conscience are too defective to do it for you... I guess nobody.

We had creeps like him in Discord, eventually they got banned. That someone thinks this kind of stuff is cool just boggles the mind.

To reply you must either login or sign up.