Forum › Magan&Danai discussion

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

awww I love this!!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Not my cup of tea. It's a little too realistic in the unhealthy relationship kind of way. Oh well, can't like 'em all.

I feel ya. The shorter, high maintenance one rubbed me the wrong way. It was supposed to be funny, but the way she treated the other girl kinda made me cringe. I guess if you ignore that though, the situations (like eating bad food to make your wife happy) are still funny.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way, but hey I still like it though (but I guess in rl it'd be a bit of an unhealthy relationship)

Trust me, I've seen unhealthy relationships before. This is not it.

Hjuj
joined Jun 29, 2014

Uhh... I'm having mixed feelings about this manhua. It has great art and (potentially) great characters, but the way the long-haired girl always makes her partner feel guilty is a bit too much... Her girlfriend deserves much better treatment!

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

is it me or are the other couple remind me of Ymir and Christa?

For a second I thought it was a doujinshi of AoT lol. Hey who knows. Maybe they live in that building too.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

this is so cute, you guys posted it on here as well

joined May 24, 2014

How I'm supposed to read those tiny, TINY letters?!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

By clicking the Resize button on the top right of your screen.

phatboisteez
Cate
joined May 15, 2015

is it me or are the other couple remind me of Ymir and Christa?

LOL I thought the same for a split second.

joined Jan 3, 2014

Not my cup of tea. It's a little too realistic in the unhealthy relationship kind of way. Oh well, can't like 'em all.

I feel ya. The shorter, high maintenance one rubbed me the wrong way. It was supposed to be funny, but the way she treated the other girl kinda made me cringe. I guess if you ignore that though, the situations (like eating bad food to make your wife happy) are still funny.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way, but hey I still like it though (but I guess in rl it'd be a bit of an unhealthy relationship)

Hahaha it's funny because i'm in that type of relationship. I'm the tall one, btw. She's that way and that's one of the reasons why I love her. I guess that makes me a bit... weird?

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Unhealthy relationship?...
I... I don't think you guys now much about relationships...

I have seen ppl act somewhat similar irl (aside of the comedy duo act, cuz ppl usually are not like that irl) and their relationship is perfectly fine, and their jokes are sometimes quite rough.

...it'd only be unhealthy if you assume one of them is missing out on something they ought to be getting, or getting something they don't want. In this case both of them seem to be in on the joke, which makes all the difference.

It's also all played-up in the typical comic comedy duo format:
Serious person reacts to the funny one.

Yeah, relationships usually have this dynamic, at least in my experience. One likes to fool around while the other often acts as the stock character (Or the straight man), seemingly blowing up with anger--even so, their joking personality and the other's seriousness is precisely why they love each other. It's pretty normal, really. That being said, I have high hopes for this series: the tag left to right usually yields great stories.

last edited at May 15, 2015 4:41PM

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Baby pls

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I've read this before, I'm glad its here now. The part with the cake will always be my favorite. It's ridiculously hilarious.

last edited at May 15, 2015 4:58PM

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Love that there're more yuri manga artists cropping up outside Japan :) yuri love around the world! Quality of art is also very good.

last edited at May 15, 2015 5:09PM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

This is just...my relationship with my GF. Who is watching me?!

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i get the feeling everyone calling this an "unhealthy relationship" dont have much relationship experience

Me
joined May 15, 2015

holy crap it's here!! I was just stalking the translator's tumblr an hour ago xD

haha yeah I've been seeing this all over tumblr for days now, nice to see it up on Dynasty Reader, really enjoy this!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Ohmygawd, this is so damn awesome! The epicness! XD

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Uhh... I'm having mixed feelings about this manhua. It has great art and (potentially) great characters, but the way the long-haired girl always makes her partner feel guilty is a bit too much... Her girlfriend deserves much better treatment!

I'm not sure I can agree with that. I mean like someone said earlier, the big difference is that they both seem to be in on the joke. Short-hair acts like the airheaded happy-go-lucky stereotype she's portrayed to be, completed with the "insert-foot-in-mouth stupidity for effectful reactions" normally portrayed by her kind in media. Her more straight-faced girlfriend reacts as planned tsundere-ly by, at times just by calling her a moron and at times by punishing her for being stupid (in an overly dramatic over-reaction for comedic effect). Then they make-up and go on with their life by continuing their silly little dynamics. There's nothing really hurtful about it, specially since short-hair keep coming back for more when she get the reaction she wants.

They're not seriously arguing and being guilt-tripped over things, not even in the seemingly actual argument on page 6. If anything I'd say that long-hair is getting the short stick here, but that's mostly because I think people who have to make humour out of everything are kinda annoying at times.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I lov'd them! Very cute and funny... I also love their clothes! I suppose their names are in the title, so is "Baby" Magan or Danai? I don't think I got it...

joined Apr 7, 2015

Wow what an interesting manga :D funny and cute i like it . i want more

joined Jan 4, 2014

Aw. It's here! :)

Quoting from the yaoi-blcd tumblr post (scanlators of Tanjiu's "Their Story" who featured this too a little while ago):

"i believe this one's based on the artist and her wife. her profile says hope i can continue to draw until we are married!"

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/118716929765/manhuajia-magan-danai-by-ermu-translated

joined May 24, 2014

How many mangas I haven't read because I missed THAT button?!

That's not the way to handle a gurl... XD

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How many mangas I haven't read because I missed THAT button?!

Damn. That's so much easier than zooming to 450%

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

i get the feeling everyone calling this an "unhealthy relationship" dont have much relationship experience

I get the feeling people saying this are overly smug. Funny the feelings people get when they have pretty much zero information, isn't it?
On the relationship itself, well, I'm on the fence. I wouldn't stand for being treated the way either of them treat each other, especially the one who keeps getting hit, but . . . OK, maybe, if they're into it, whatever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.