Forum › Hayate X Blade discussion

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

So.. she lost her whole leg?..

plot twist: her leg is perfectly fine. she just wears really stiff designer boots made by her dad and refuses to stop wearing them.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Also, I would say that Hitsugi is calling Akira and Sae stupid morons because while they both are fighting for each other, and each probably realizes it on some level, they've NEVER discussed it with each other. Each girl is working individually towards their own solutions to help the other, but aside from fighting physically side-by-side, they are not "emotionally" side-by-side. They're approaching the same problem from two different angles, when in fact they'd be much stronger if they worked on it together.

Basically, Akira and Sae need to admit how much they love each other (and kiss).

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Badass Hitsugi is badass. This fight is awesome.

As for the stupid moron thing, the way I understand it, it's because both Sae and Akira lack the glorious "I do what I want and if you don't like it, you're no fun!" that pretty much define Hitsugi. :p

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

As for the stupid moron thing, the way I understand it, it's because both Sae and Akira lack the glorious "I do what I want and if you don't like it, you're no fun!" that pretty much define Hitsugi. :p

In others words... They're not listening to their hearts! I still want Hitsugi to win stylishly and say something like "You've lost this battle, but don't lose her (Sae)" so I can go KYAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, that's about right. Hitsugi is privilieged enough to do anything and everything because of wealth and being allowed to do anything by virtue of literally the boss and owning everything in the setting.

I've always considered her to be the "stupid" because she most probably won't understsnd why and how people do things. It's not that regular folks can't do anything they want, they sure can, but sacrifices will be made in some way for that to happen. That's not the case for her. Consequences don't exist for her actions ( within reasonable boundaries ) and that skews her views on things.

That is not to say I dislike her or that she isn't a hard worker but It's an aspect of her that is a flaw. Which actually makes the character a tad more believable.

Who's this man btw in the chapter? Is this a fiancé, an annoying uncle and/or family member?

last edited at May 8, 2015 1:48PM

joined Oct 17, 2014

The man is Sae's fiance and Akira's brother.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

so HET win?

joined Mar 23, 2013

She's just telling Akira that she's living to just please someone else, and calls her a stupid moron for it. That's really the difference between her and Hitsugi. Hitsugi is definitely well off, but if she were of Akira's mentality, she'd be super worried about losing, or losing the student's respect, losing her school, etc. As it is she's just having fun and doesn't care, but got angry when she found out Akira wasn't as much of an 'individual' as she had hoped for.

She doesn't worry about losing anything because it's not possible for her to. She's too stronk.

I don't remember if she's the hard worker or the genius archetype but the fact she can do anything means that the feeling of worry is alien to her.

Give a man/woman a chess board and tell him each piece is his friend, his father and so on... Watch them lose it all one by one. But for Hitsugi the game rigged. Pieces, the rules, the board, she can change it all to her liking. She never loses.

She isn't angry that Akira isn't as much as an individual. She's angry because she thought the girl was stronger. The powerful can snap their fingers and the problems are dealt with, very few people, especially her age have that power. Hitsugi does not understand the weak and helpless.

last edited at May 8, 2015 6:30PM

joined Jul 21, 2011

Yeah, that's about right. Hitsugi is privilieged enough to do anything and everything because of wealth and being allowed to do anything by virtue of literally the boss and owning everything in the setting.

I've always considered her to be the "stupid" because she most probably won't understsnd why and how people do things. It's not that regular folks can't do anything they want, they sure can, but sacrifices will be made in some way for that to happen. That's not the case for her. Consequences don't exist for her actions ( within reasonable boundaries ) and that skews her views on things.

That is not to say I dislike her or that she isn't a hard worker but It's an aspect of her that is a flaw. Which actually makes the character a tad more believable.

Who's this man btw in the chapter? Is this a fiancé, an annoying uncle and/or family member?

That's why she says she won't mind losing. She knows this.

Also the guy is Akira's cousin not brother. Akira is an only child, which is why her father is upset he doesn't have a son

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

No. As it stands in this manga right now, Hitsugi probably understands loss at least as much as, and likely more than, any other main character. She's lost her mother, and she's lost her leg. What's so incredible about her is that she's such a stubborn idiot that she can brute force her way through her negative emotions. She's a woman who fights for her principles and accepts nothing less of herself. She also knows that she's not doing it alone; Shizuku is the support that allows her to stand. Hitsugi is, bar none, the most self-aware character in the story.

What annoys Hitsugi about Akira and Sae is that they aren't being true to themselves, nor each other. As much as we like to cheer for them, Akira is in fact the "villain" of this episode. She wants to destroy everything for the sake of one person, and cannot see the alternative. She's too entrenched in trying to prove something to someone else that she's lost sight of her own self. Sae, too, is willing to sacrifice herself for Akira's sake, but as soon as she sacrifices herself, Akira loses her entire reason for fighting, and neither of them are attacking the real enemy: their inabilities to assert their own desires, especially against the people who seemingly control their lives. This is what Hitsugi wants. She wants them to be idiotic and selfish and to throw away the expectations others are placing on them in order to live for BOTH themselves and for each other. This is the kind of person that Hitsugi would not mind losing to. This is what the Hoshitori symbolizes. This is what Kurogane had to learn in her battle with Ayana. Not everyone can be as successful as Hitsugi, but that is because she is a superlative character; however, she can provide the stage for everyone else to chase their dreams.

If anything, Akira and Sae are the characters that don't truly know what "loss" is because their upbringing and ability have kept it at bay. They are, however, aware of the possibility of it, and are so frightened of it that they're not completely and absolutely putting everything on the line. They seem to not understand that "loss" is merely a checkpoint, something that can be moved past if one is strong enough and has the support of others. It's why Akira keeps talking about and "end." She believes in the finality of her actions. Because she believes it's so final, she is so worried about what happens if she were to lose. Sae, too, believes in the finality of their actions, and so is willing to protect only one half of herself (Akira) and sacrifice the other (herself), and so is unable to put all her energy towards attaining the true goal that they both don't fully see.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I never said she doesn't understand losses via her leg and mother. Just that her "if you have feels and act upon them, shit will fix itself" is not real.

Just Imagine a more realistic scenario in which her Father is the owner and dean and etc... If he would not support her and cast her away, she would not be singing the same song.
People spend their entire life attaining her status and influence with many sacrifices along the way. She gets a relatively free card.

I guess it's just the realist in me who sees her absolutism a bit too idealistic, chances are in a real world most often than not massive failures are going to happen with devastating consequences.
She also speaks and says the same thing without knowing the person's situation or problem. That's extremely short-sighted.

Although that's not just entirely me ranting at her character but rather at a well established manga thing of "power of feelings,friendship, etc..." will fix all your problems.

What of the homeless kids, of the slavery, of the victims of war and of cruel regimes? Does she say, "You just didn't try enough and you didn't have fun?".

Again, it's not entirely her character I comment on here but rather how manga dramas of absurd proportions fix themselves and there's a happily after, that doesn't work like that. That's mostly me unable to suspend my disbelief and accept fiction as very much so different than reality.

Don't mind me really Something just clicked and I'm ranting about it.

last edited at May 9, 2015 3:09AM

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

It's not about "shit fixing itself." It's about using everything in your power to stack the deck in your favour, or to increase the odds of good things happening. Bad things happen; this is a reality. Good things happen; this is also a reality. What happens as a consequence of an action can be dealt with thereafter, as can the consequence of that, and the consequence of that. Each and every one of us is a fractional piece of a picture that is billions of souls wide; what someone does will affect another. Not everyone gets what they want--not everyone can--but it must not stop them from trying. Fight until you win, fight until you lose, fight until you die; run until you can't run, hide until you can't hide, escape until you can't escape. Ask for help, plead for help, beg for help. It's about expending yourself for what you believe in, for what you want, for who you want, and to survive. Sometimes you need a whole lotta luck, and sometimes you don't. What's important is to start heading in that direction. This is the kind of attitude that Hitsugi embodies. It's the kind of attitude that I wish I was strong enough to live every day.

In all of human history, there has been nothing stronger than "an idea." Ideas fuel the engine, and attitudes floor the pedal. For good or ill, everything depended on people using their power to make things happen in order to assert what they believe in. They didn't do it alone; they had so many others to help them in their causes, not to mention luck. Sometimes the change is instant, sometimes it's gradual, but it all depends on people starting it. People fail, people succeed, people continue, people stop and are stopped. Outcomes can't be controlled, but a person's individual input can, and this is the key to Hitsugi's attitude. Put everything you can in trying to do something, and whatever happens afterwards, good or bad or whatever else, will happen. It's as she tells Shizuku after she loses: "Everything over from the beginning."

I don't believe in suspension of disbelief, because I don't believe there's anything in fiction to disbelieve in. As long as it doesn't break the laws of physics (whatever those may be), fiction and reality are entirely interchangeable. There are billions of people alive today, billions of people alive before, and billions of people to come; if it can be thought of, it can happen. It there is a way of acting, it will be acted. If there is a way of being, it will be. All a story is is a happenstance of interesting things, whether that story is "real" or "fiction." All that matters in a story are the ideas and feelings that it gives its audience.

(It's cool, ranting and discussing things are fun)

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Hitsugi, such a cool badass~ better win!

joined Sep 9, 2013

I just can't get into this one. the art is interesting but the story just doesn't grab me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FO' REAL?! The climax isn't over?! I'm going to die!!

joined Sep 3, 2013

Great chapter. Ugh, I want Hitsugi to win though...

This is completely wrong. It doesn't matter what amount of capital or inheritance you start out with, you can always make the wrong decisions and screw yourself and your company, because consequences always exist. Most businesses in real life fold within a few years, because their idea wasn't good, they didn't manage their assets correctly, bad leadership, or whatever else. Hitsugi could have just as easily screwed up somewhere along the way and lost everything, and that's not including constantly putting it all on the line via the duels.

If we want to talk about reality, and who has dealt the most with consequences, sacrifices, or what not, then, in reality, it would be Hitsugi. She's a teenager whose properly managed her inheritance and a successful school/company despite all the business, economical, political, personal, etc., problems that an organization of its scale would run into in the real world. She's like an Elon Musk + Paris Hilton in a way.

Hitsugi didn't ask to start off rich by the way, but she made the most out of it. If she had started out poor, I think she would have become rich and successful in any case, because she knows how to deal with pressure.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Hitsugi!!! T_T NOOOOOOO!!! Please tell me there's some kind of twist and it's not going to happen! >< damn it... TT

joined Mar 23, 2013

And really, Hitsugi could have just bought a few islands and retired forever with her inheritance, but instead she spends her wealth and time running an amazing school/corporation. In the real world, there's tons of blood, sweat, and tears involved with running a setup like that, and if anyone has external pressures of reality to deal with, it would be someone in Hitsugi's position, not Akira's.

Correct me If I'm wrong but she gets the fund from the corporation but she doesn't run it, that'd be beyond ludicrous levels. Being at the head of a major corporation requires much time and travels, she would not be able to physically participate in all these battles and administrr the school, especially considering she practically makes all the decisions herself.

and that's not including constantly putting it all on the line via the duels.

See above. Also most compagnies do fold but her's is probably a giant conglomerate with history, those do not fall at all, because they are too powerful and big to fall.

The last bit has always with the duel system irks me. Her mother gave it to her so she could flrourish and most probably wanted to keep it out of family's greedy hands or something along the line. Hitsugi will lose or move on at some point, this system allows for the destruction of the school. If the next Dean just wants to bulldoze the school for laughs then so it shall. Perhaps it was only meant to give Hitsugi a taste of what is out there for her if she succeeds?

The only thing require to "rule" is to be damn good at beating on people, a cruel genius could win. I guess it's kind of the real world, baddies will win sometimes and people are going to suffer.

Anyhow, you guys ( mainly King Crimson ) have made me see a bit of reason and my stance as changed somewhat since my rant.

Lastly, the bit about Akira acting for her own interests as an individual, it's never quite simple. Sometimes a person values themselves less than their loved ones or other people. Sometimes what they wish really is in conflict for what would be "good" for as them as individual.

joined May 17, 2013

Meh, not really worried. From the looks of it it looks like she parried her sword.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hayate_x_blade_ch81#30

joined Mar 23, 2013

Meh, not really worried. From the looks of it it looks like she parried her sword.

But she's on her knees, not the best position to be in. Notice how far her sword is, the next strike could very well be on her neck and that would be a surrender I guess? Not a real blow obviously cause that could do some serious damage.

She really looks finish if we take a look at both character's stance. Although maybe I'm looking too much into it.

joined May 17, 2013

But she's on her knees, not the best position to be in. Notice how far her sword is, the next strike could very well be on her neck and that would be a surrender I guess? Not a real blow obviously cause that could do some serious damage.

She really looks finish if we take a look at both character's stance. Although maybe I'm looking too much into it.

Yeah but I'm expecting some BS dues ex machina crap to happen and she somehow pulls a rabbit out her hat.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh man. All the chills.

I don't think this is over yet. At least, I hope it isn't because I'm pulling hard for Hitsugi. The one thing that gives me hope is that Hitsugi is in the middle of swinging her sword back, looking like she's still getting ready to strike. I think she knew she wouldn't be able to parry Akira's attack in time, and so she did the only thing she could to survive: deflect Akira's sword with that big, stubborn, idiotic head of hers. I just feels like the thing she'd do.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Akira won, as long as her eyes were opened, even just a little. I do love her, too.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Oh man. All the chills.

I don't think this is over yet. At least, I hope it isn't because I'm pulling hard for Hitsugi. The one thing that gives me hope is that Hitsugi is in the middle of swinging her sword back, looking like she's still getting ready to strike. I think she knew she wouldn't be able to parry Akira's attack in time, and so she did the only thing she could to survive: deflect Akira's sword with that big, stubborn, idiotic head of hers. I just feels like the thing she'd do.

Um, to me it looks like she succesfully parried but could only do it from one armd, hence why her arm got throw to her side. You can see she puts her sword up in the air in the big ass panel on the top of page. That arm is probably in a world of hurt, a downward strike like this with 2 hands against one is like... The world fell down on you suddenly.

Honestly if this was anyone else I would say this cliffhanger is a defenitive loss, but then again it's Hitsugi so...

last edited at May 11, 2015 6:06AM

joined Jul 21, 2011

Oh man. All the chills.

Um, to me it looks like she succesfully parried but could only do it from one armd, hence why her arm got throw to her side. You can see she puts her sword up in the air in the big ass panel on the top of page. That arm is probably in a world of hurt, a downward strike like this with 2 hands against one is like... The world fell down on you suddenly.

Honestly if this was anyone else I would say this cliffhanger is a defenitive loss, but then again it's Hitsugi so...

I think Hitsugi could still win. Remember, both Nagi and Yuho know Aikido techniques, and Hitsugi seems to know so many different techniques from different styles of fighting. Plus she lost a leg. https://youtu.be/98yRuBkUBGQ?t=49s
Check that video out, it's a position that Aikido practitioners train in.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Hmm, I was in the edge of my seat, waiting for the other shinyuu to just go out there and join Akira. Damn it, why are you taking so long to be social-fu'd?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.