Forum › Anime season

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anybody watched Ninja slayer i sure did it was Hilarious YEEEARTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Anybody watched Ninja slayer i sure did it was Hilarious YEEEARTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hated it

There doesn't seem to be many people with opinions between the two extremes

joined Nov 30, 2011

I just started watching Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun and am finding it to be hilarious and seems to hit all my favorite points of a rom-com.

And the manga is even better =D

I bet! And it continues on past the anime, I'm sure?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kin'iro 03
THIS IS SUBTEXT THIS IS SUBTEXT THIS IS SUBTEXT THIS IS SUBTEXT THIS IS SUBTEXT
http://i.imgur.com/TaxEymb.png
Don't let yourself be fooled!! Don't let the madness consume you!! bites fist is hard!!!!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Kin'iro 03
Don't let yourself be fooled!! Don't let the madness consume you!! bites fist is hard!!!!

Well, in a world where always sharing the same bed and adopting children together and sharing romantic moments in the shower is considered subtext, obviously that is nothing more than subtext either.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Kin'iro 03

Well, in a world where always sharing the same bed and adopting children together and sharing romantic moments in the shower is considered subtext, obviously that is nothing more than subtext either.

O.o do they still share a bed in Vivid?

Subtext is not used as in my era, back in my days Xena was filled of subtext...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Ah, I made that sound wrong. "Always" as in always in StrikerS. I haven't started Vivid yet so I don't know.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Ah, I made that sound wrong. "Always" as in always in StrikerS. I haven't started Vivid yet so I don't know.

Ahh ok,well I just started with Vivid,but I guess I should catch up in the manga as well..

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Ahh ok,well I just started with Vivid,but I guess I should catch up in the manga as well..

It's been some time since I read Vivid, but from what I remember they still live together and share a bed, but Fate-mama don't stay much home because of her job.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I just finished KanColle, pretty cute little anime. Excellent to watch while lazing about and the yuri subtext/text was more than enough to keep me happy.

However, I couldn't help but feel bothered by the fairy pilots. I mean, they're SO CUTE but they're butchered like cattle on every episode and NO ONE CARES ;_;

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Mikagura Gakuen is fun... Unfortunately art's quality takes a nose dive into shit during action scenes, it is so jarring, I just end up skimming through em.

Gave a shot to the on-going Nanoha. And omg, when other stuff handles yuri subtly, NanoFate is like this.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

One day I will watch Nanoha... just for NanoFate x)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mikagura Gakuen is fun... Unfortunately art's quality takes a nose dive into shit during action scenes, it is so jarring, I just end up skimming through em.

Indeed, it was painful to watch the fights. I wonder if they will fix at some rate in blurays... But let's be frank, it would need a complete reanimation in a whole new scale to fix that so ... maybe only some anatomy revisions. Also good thing they cut Haruna's overconfidence brutally in just one chapter

But the ending of ch.3 was very cute so I don't mind =w=

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 10:41PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Not really worth it. I mean, the series is decent enough, but NanoFate subtext is a much smaller part of it than what the fandom would lead you to expect

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Kin'iro 03
1 loli 1 shota appear and suddenly everyone become M

joined Apr 27, 2014

Not really worth it. I mean, the series is decent enough, but NanoFate subtext is a much smaller part of it than what the fandom would lead you to expect

I did watch the first movie , the 2nd and third season,don't do it ONLY for NanoFate, cos you'll end up dissapointed to the core. I liked the devices, honestly, it was one of the perks, then , strikes was kinda slow until episode 17...then it got gooooood. The whole thing it's still a bit too subtle for me but... come on sharing a bed,living together and adopting a kid.... I don't know many random straight people who do that with their best friends.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

How is the subtext going in Kiniro S2 ?

Or even the yuri for that matter.

I didn't pick it up yet.

I have to say that in S1, I wanted some kind of realization from Youko that Ayaya is head-over-heels for her, because, man, is she dense...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, thing is, it's not as much subtext as it is Nanoha and Fate doing a sucky job at hiding their relationship. There's no(t much) blushing or awkward situations because of lingering feelings or subtle romance as in most subtext shows, Nano and Fate are already like 3 steps further.

I heard the two movies really push the subtext so watch them if you're gonna do it for NanoFate.

There's still a lot of subtext in all of the Nanoha adaptions. For ecample in the A's manga it said

We were definitely attracted to each other to become "friends"

Like, I didn't even add the quotation marks. That's pretty much the manga saying "Friends. Yeah right."

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

When I say for the NanoFate, it mostly means I want to see by myself the development of the anime that lead to the living together + adopting child.
I have friends who are absolutely not into yuri to the point of not being aware that NanoFate is a yuri classic and who went like "Wtf, Nanoha and Fate had a child together ?! Are they dating ?!" while watching the anime. It makes me curious.

last edited at Apr 22, 2015 9:42AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

How is the subtext going in Kiniro S2 ?

Or even the yuri for that matter.

I didn't pick it up yet.

I have to say that in S1, I wanted some kind of realization from Youko that Ayaya is head-over-heels for her, because, man, is she dense...

Haven't watched it yet but I've seen some screens. Ayaya wants to be more honest with her feelings, Youko wants to put a collar on Ayaya, Shino and Alice married. Just the usual, very subtle subtext stuff.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Was expecting Ore Monogatari (its Het) to be the usual by-the-numbers romance anime, so pleasantly surprised that so early on it's already on the place where I find myself the most interested when it comes to romance. Where others anime/mangas usually end, when they become a couple. So glad to see this happen so early on. This should be fun (well it's quite fun already).

Also one of the VERY FEW times where I find the (male) MC interesting and love-able, more so than the female love interest. Could've easily been an empty self-insert shell or a generic cookie cutter character "male MC type A - A paragon male specimen that all of the girls want".

last edited at Apr 23, 2015 12:58AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

if only the bisexual character in durararax2 is not a textbook example of negative stereotype.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

if only the bisexual character in durararax2 is not a textbook example of negative stereotype.

What do you mean? I was looking forward to some yuri, do I have to worry?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

threesome with a guy worries..

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Oh man, can you post here if something happens? I'd really appreciate that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.