Forum › Anime season

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Acchi kocchi isn't even subtext (at least I didn't see it), most of it is het while Kiniro Mosaic is at the limit of subtext and yuri. The aim is completely different.

You must not like subtext. Personally, I liked Kiniro because it's one of the anime that goes the farthest in term of subtext. At least, Aya and Alice are clearly gay.

Hee ? I didn't mind the subtext. That was the most fun aspect of Kiniro. That's even why I wanted to give it a try.

Aya is clearly gay for Yoko. And Alice for Shinobu.

But the whole schtick of cute girls doing cute nothings went overboard there for me. The voice acting didn't help either. The hyper high pitched voices of all the cast, almost undistinguishable from each other, was getting on my nerves. And the fact that the characters (especially Alice and Shinobu) look like lolis didn't make me want anything to happen between them. I'd feel like a creep to watch these characters kiss.

I compared it to Acchi Kocchi, because it's a slice-of-life-moe-up-the-butt anime, like Kiniro (without the subtext).

The subtext in Kiniro is actually the only thing that makes it fun and made me laugh. But once you got the couples, well nothing really happens.

I didn't really hate Kiniro actually. I just found it very easily predictable and forgettable.

Ok I misunderstood. Personally I love these kind of pure slice of life in which the characters sole purpose is to be cute or silly so I see no much difference between Kiniro and Acchi kocchi in this regard. And I don't really remember the voices but I see why some could not like it

Plus I found the "foreign" theme kinda original for this kind of slice of life, even if it decrease a little as the anime progress

last edited at Apr 15, 2015 7:11PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In Acchi kocchi, the Mayoi and Sakaki duo saved the whole thing from overly cheesiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68THOFLzaNI

In Kiniro, the humor isn't as strong as to make it stand on its own without the romance/subtext. The foreign theme takes a back seat rather quickly. If you remove the yuri subtext, what's left of Kiniro?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

In Kiniro, the humor isn't as strong as to make it stand on its own without the romance/subtext. The foreign theme takes a back seat rather quickly. If you remove the yuri subtext, what's left of Kiniro?

Pastel art design and oddly childish characters

joined Nov 30, 2011

I just started watching Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun and am finding it to be hilarious and seems to hit all my favorite points of a rom-com.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I just started watching Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun and am finding it to be hilarious and seems to hit all my favorite points of a rom-com.

And the manga is even better =D

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

why friendship in anime/manga gay as hell!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Check out Seraph of the End, totally yaoi let me tell ya!

joined Mar 23, 2013

Check out Seraph of the End, totally yaoi let me tell ya!

Mikaela ot w/e it is.... Is the most thirsty mofo ever, too bad Yuu ain't interested.

joined Dec 16, 2013

why there isn't more subtext yaoi anime when they obviously sell?

joined Mar 23, 2013

why there isn't more subtext yaoi anime when they obviously sell?

Seraph anime is selling? It's pretty standard and mediocre.

As for yaoi subtext/bait... Well studios tend to try to not overflow the market. Fujos have a strong buying power but they tend to pick 1-2 shows each season to throw money at. If stuff like utapri or Basugays is airing... Your yaoi show isn't going to perform.

In any case I think the fujobait is doing better with Arslan pretty boy and his party of 10 feet bara gorillas officers this season.

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 2:27PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

even straight guys would get bait with arslan.

joined Mar 23, 2013

even straight guys would get bait with arslan.

I can safely say that it is not the case.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Has anyone seen this ? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QoZ0AEIlm8E/VDp8kwjb5qI/AAAAAAAAC-M/CclrF7Eszrg/s1600/urawa.png A generic black haired guy won't pop up out of nowhere and steal the MC's heart in the middle of the episode? Is it safe ?

Urawa no usagi

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 4:07PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Has anyone seen this ? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QoZ0AEIlm8E/VDp8kwjb5qI/AAAAAAAAC-M/CclrF7Eszrg/s1600/urawa.png A generic black haired guy won't pop up out of nowhere and steal the MC's heart in the middle of the episode? Is it safe ?

Urawa no usagi

The bunny is male and the girls are his harem.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urawa no usagi

Why must we suffer like this :(

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 4:51PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Urawa no usagi

I think he was joking, a harem between a bunny and a bunch of girls, isn't bestiality used only in hentai?

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 5:20PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urawa no usagi

I think he was joking, a harem between a bunny and a bunch of girls, isn't bestiality used only in hentai?

Hehe I knew, but lately isn't rare when the guy is so pointless that he doesnt appear in posters/scans so I gotta ask.

Aaaand don't understimate anime... anything can happen ...like in Angel's drop

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Urawa no usagi

Hehe I knew, but lately isn't rare when the guy is so pointless that he doesnt appear in posters/scans so I gotta ask.

Aaaand don't understimate anime... anything can happen ...like in Angel's drop

I never watched Angel's drop, what happens?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, seriously, what happens? I have that on my To Read list.

joined Dec 16, 2013

Angel Drop start as yuri but....

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Angel Drop start as yuri but....

But what? All I know is that it's 1 episode ova and the manga is shoujo ai with 6 volumes and ongoing.

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 7:03PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Watakushi has a 70 MB version at Nyaa.se "Tenshi No drop" ... My knowledge of english can't transmit properly what they tried with that manga, no wonder there's just one chapter and you can't find the manga in batoto

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Watakushi has a 70 MB version at Nyaa.se "Tenshi No drop" ... My knowledge of english can't transmit properly what they tried with that manga, no wonder there's just one chapter and you can't find the manga in batoto

You can't find it because no one translated it, and it's not 1 chapter but 6 volumes and ongoing...

last edited at Apr 16, 2015 7:13PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You can't find it because no one translated, and it's not 1 chapter but 6 volumes...

I mean in the anime.. I say chapter as Capitulo in spanish, is more common to say episode/episodio in english but I forgot

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

You can't find it because no one translated, and it's not 1 chapter but 6 volumes...

I mean in the anime.. I say chapter as Capitulo in spanish, is more common to say episode/episodio in english but I forgot

I thought it was strange you say one chapter, but try to explain anyway, I will not watch it in the near future, I have to watch almost all animes made before it first...

To reply you must either login or sign up.