Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't believe we've had a true yuri series since Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana.

We had Sakura trick didn't we?
How successful was it, though?

II wouldn't know if it was successful, but true... How did I forget? but then again, there was that "I don't know what this is" speech... IS OBVIOUSLY LESBIAN LOVE HARUKA FOR GOD'S SAKE!! * ... Well we have indeniable Kotone x Shizuku so yeah, TRUE YURI

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Don't think it did that well, financially.

Isn't yuri more like a variation on the romance genre?

Kinda but not really, I guess? There's yuri without any romance at all in it (Murcielago or Honey & Honey, for example) and there's lots of yuri that have romantic elements, but not enough to count as romance (tons of oneshots, Gunjo, Love Flag Girls and so on)

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:19AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Whether Yuri is a genre or not, and it be it part of romance... It does not matter, the audience for it is not the same. Someone being into romance does not inherently mean that they will be into a yuri romance... Thought that was quite obvious.

I don't believe we've had a true yuri series since Sasameki Koto and Aoi Hana.

II wouldn't know if it was successful, but true... How did I forget? but then again, there was that "I don't know what this is" speech... IS OBVIOUSLY LESBIAN LOVE HARUKA FOR GOD'S SAKE!! * ... Well we have indeniable Kotone x Shizuku so yeah, TRUE YURI

From what I got, it seems like it did not do good nor bad, more like so-so.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:21AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Sakura Tricks sales were awful, which was a shame because they really used good techniques to make the animation flow nicely, considering it was DEEN

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Whether Yuri is a genre or not, and it be it part of romance... It does not matter, the audience for it is not the same. Someone being into romance does not inherently mean that they will be into a yuri romance... Thought that was quite obvious.

That's very true.

Sakura Tricks sales were awful, which was a shame because they really used good techniques to make the animation flow nicely, considering it was DEEN

Well, they got that one guy from Shaft.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:24AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Sad it means there won't be any more of it in the future :/

joined Jan 21, 2015

Girls in uniform yaaay http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-24/long-riders-cycling-manga-gets-anime/.87469 Looks like the manga is doing pretty good and I foresee lot of CGI for those bicycles

This is great news! I have the first 3 volumes of the manga and it isn't groundbreaking, but it's cute. If the adaptation is any good we can expect some nice scenery shots.
Also, the main characters are all female and there's no romance whatsoever, so this could be great for yuri shipping. I don't remember seeing any subtext but it's not like this has stopped us before.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yay more subtext that goes nowhere..

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Adding to what OriginalGengar asked: Do you also not think that yuri is for a niche audience? Cuz it is.

Of course yuri is niche Late Night. Anime itself is pretty niche. But it sells if done right or if it is just a part in a bigger show. I have no idea where that "yuri does not sell" comes from. Of course it does not sell if the shows are shit. Look at Sakura Trick. The show had nothing but kisses. The humor was mediocre at best and the characters not all that interesting. Of course it would not sell. A hetero show would sell just as bad.

About the genre thing. Yes i think yuri should not be classified as a genre. It can be part of something but is not a genre itself. What kind of a genre would yuri be? it is always part of romance/comedy/etc.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I want another strawberry panic man, I need to feel :/

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 7:45PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Strawberry Panic is the only anime that I remember having a yuri ending, someone remember any other?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Strawberry Panic is the only anime that I remember having a yuri ending, someone remember any other?

Sakura Trick (the yuri ending happened in episode 1), Kuttsukiboshi, Shoujo Sect, Kannazuki no Miko and Sono Hana from the top of my head.
Also Re.Cutie Honey. Look, I don't care what you people say. It's a yuri anime and end in my book.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 7:56PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Sakura Trick (the yuri ending happened in episode 1), Kuttsukiboshi, Shoujo Sect, Kannazuki no Miko and Sono Hana from the top of my head.
Also Re.Cutie Honey. Look, I don't care what you people say. It's a yuri anime and end in my book.

I never watched or read anything of Cutie Honey, is it good? it's been months since I downloaded Sakura Trick, but somehow I always forget that I need to watch it, the rest I watched but a long time ago, I remember some parts of Strawberry Panic and Kannazuki no Miko, the only thing I remember about Kuttsukiboshi is that one of the girls have sex with her own brother, he dies and both girls go live in another planet, isn't only sex in Shoujo Sect and Sono Hana ovas?

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 8:18PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haven't watched the anime of Shoujo Sect (or Sono Hana for that matter) but wikipedia told me it has a yuri end (not the same as in the manga though). Sono Hana is about two girls that are in relationship having sex, I just counted that as yuri end. Haven't watched Kuttsukiboshi either actually, exactly because of that scene.
And yeah, Shoujo Sect and Sono Hana are hentai.

Only Cutie Honey I watched/read was Re:Cutie Honey and Cutie Honey a Go Go!, the original manga to Re:Cutie Honey. Strong subtext in those and, from what I can gather, het in the other ones.
Re:Cutie Honey was awesome, It's a Gainax anime and it's exactly what Gainax was good at. A Go Go! was pretty good but incomplete. Like, genuinly incomplete.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 8:35PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

Kuttsukiboshi sucks!!!

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Kuttsukiboshi sucks!!!

I'll be honest. I enjoyed the heck out of Kuttsukiboshi. Granted, I watched it right after both OVAs were out so I didn't have to go though much suffering. I'm biased though cause Asami Imai.

I also watched a few episodes of Senran Kagura cause I saw talks about it here. It's alright. Not as enjoyable as I want it to be but will keep watching cause I need to direct my yuri vision somewhere and didn't expect Asami Imai.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Haven't watched the anime of Shoujo Sect (or Sono Hana for that matter)

I highly recommend the Sono Hanabira one, it's the kind of NSFW we usually find in yuri mangas, sweetness and cuteness overdose.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Mikagura is still gay as hell and great

joined Dec 16, 2013

^not for long..

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

^not for long..

Why not......?

joined Apr 27, 2014

^not for long..

Why not......?

Agh don't keep doing that, I already can't fully enjoy the anime cos of these especulations u.u

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

^not for long..

Why not......?

Agh don't keep doing that, I already can't fully enjoy the anime cos of these especulations u.u

B-but I want to know!! I'll only watch it when it's over, when I know if it becomes het or not...

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 12:28AM

joined Apr 27, 2014

^not for long..

Why not......?

B-but I want to know!! I'll only watch it when it's over, when I know if it becomes het or not...

Hmm you are right, the moment she goes het I will run away screaming,cos it had good potential

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

^not for long..

Why not......?

Hmm you are right, the moment she goes het I will run away screaming,cos it had good potential

although I really doubt it will have any het involving Eruna, I won't have any hopes about it, I'll stay here in the safety of my despair, and wait unil the anime is finished...

joined Apr 27, 2014

^not for long..

Why not......?

although I really doubt it will have any het involving Eruna, I won't have any hopes about it, I'll stay here in the safety of my despair, and wait unil the anime is finished...

Yeah I'm gonna do that,having high hopes only to be crushed it's..well common being a yuri fan but enough is enough, let us be happy ( or not ) when the anime rolls the final credits on the last episode.

To reply you must either login or sign up.