Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

No, sometimes you have to go on the attack. If you let them solidify their feelings you could really loose a chance at something great. Like that great ancient Chinese strategy guy once said, "kick them while they're down."

may be, but then, if you're angry, and you're head's not cleared.. you wont think rationally. norae just lashed out, without thinking.
but who knows may be the country-air will do them good. :)

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I'm curious on the top 3 comments of chapter 31 in the Comico site. They have so many likes!! Apparently, i cannot copy and paste them to google translate.

just get this installed
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb
not that thegoogle translation for the comments really helps to understand them lol

Random Blurb:
I forget where it was but there was that throwaway line that No-rae's friend used when she talked about some guy coming out of the military soon and that No-rae should be excited to see him. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the ex but I feel like it'll come into play soon as well.

it is in chapter 16, btw

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

@ Moonfrost and Random Reader
We can only speculate now. I am excited on how Ssamba will portray the story thus far

@takachi

just get this installed
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb
not that the google translation for the comments really helps to understand them lol

I clicked the link but yes you got a point there! Thank God for halmoni I didn't get through that scratching my head phase wondering what the comments really mean.

@halmoni

I hate how these Korean netizens don't punctuate their comments :/

lol we all have those everywhere. Thanks a lot!!! I tried to learn Korean but stopped. I admit I got lazy :P
I trust your translation more waaaay than that of Google Translate so I very much appreciate your help ;)

I thought the "Why did you let me hear those words/Why did you make me hear things like that" line was more like No-rae being "Why were you so reckless, to the point where I keep hearing these terrible rumors about you?". No-rae was being an asshat, but the whole scene where she's struggling to tell Seol-a how she's constantly worried about her because of all those rumors, really broke my heart. She wants to tell her, but at the same time she can't, since she doesn't want to hurt Seol-a.

Hmmm.. I am quite confused there. In what way will No-rae hurt Seol-a in this part: "Why were you so reckless, to the point where I keep hearing these terrible rumors about you?"
By being frank? By telling her what she did is bad (for her image or something?). Sorry, I may be being a little dumb here or I just missed something.

Poor Seol-a, No-rae didn't know that Seol-a got drunk because of how No-rae has been treating her. These two need to talk to each other ASAP.

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 3:16PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Th-this chapter! I was going with the "meet each other's parents" route in my head, but gosh Seol-a you beat me into it, you atta girl. Seol-a really earn my salute this chapter, the contrast with her childish response to No-rae's call, wow.

I thought the "Why did you let me hear those words/Why did you make me hear things like that" line was more like No-rae being "Why were you so reckless, to the point where I keep hearing these terrible rumors about you?". No-rae was being an asshat, but the whole scene where she's struggling to tell Seol-a how she's constantly worried about her because of all those rumors, really broke my heart. She wants to tell her, but at the same time she can't, since she doesn't want to hurt Seol-a.

I agree with you Halmoni. No-rae's added guilt to her lashing out on Seol-a, oh the feels. You must repent for your sins No-rae, in a yurlicious is the sure way to be in heaven forgiven by your Bae and the rest of us

xyth Hmmm.. I am quite confused there. In what way will No-rae hurt Seol-a in this part: "Why were you so reckless, to the point where I keep hearing these terrible rumors about you?"
By being frank? By telling her what she did is bad (for her image or something?). Sorry, I may be being a little dumb here or I just missed something.

Seol-a has shining shimmering blinding pure charming naivete with the power she possessed over us all mere plebes (which what ticked off the No-rae bomb (both the + and -). By telling her that's she's being regularly objectified by men, and not seen as her true self, as someone who just fucking want a friend (no pun intented)

Halmoni, what are Korean customs whenever someone visits your home? Do you also dote on the guest, support her against your own kin, especially when your kin is the one at fault? (Are you intrusive to one another, the Kim seems likely yes) Then do you also help/ try to make things fine again, li-like having them sleep together in a room? The-then do you also take a bath together? Like na-naked in a public bathhouse, like what Hye-kung mentioned? asdfghjkl assuming accident won't exist, no, don't you dare Ssamba, please. I'll sell my soul to you just please deliver our bae safely to the hometown where everything and nothing may happen yet of course something will

Seol-a will now use charm the Kim family and I bet it'll be super effective (darn I wanna see her dynamics w/ Kims)

Random Reader

Random Blurb:
I forget where it was but there was that throwaway line that No-rae's friend used when she talked about some guy coming out of the military soon and that No-rae should be excited to see him. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the ex but I feel like it'll come into play soon as well.

Remember that guy Seol-a "ditched"/ rejected / ignored (maybe, in a way) in order to spend her Sunday with No-rae at Hee-jin's exhibition job thingy? What if that guy turns out to be the bastard who broke No-rae's heart? (I'm afraid there was never enough closure for that nameless guy, or maybe he's just the poor extra character, haha. Nevermind, let's hope the bastard will get a good beating from Seol-a)

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Alextasha:

Yeah... some people are s/u/ch an assholes with describing her like that. i completly agree with you. It's just natural human reaction.

I see what /u/ did there. :P

trafi:

Just to clarify, I said :

Looks like No-Rae is being a bitch >.>

I agree, it may be a bit much but it didn't meant No-Rae is a bad, wicked or mean person and that she did that by pure evil. It just meant that at this precise moment she did something "bad" and cruel (though she had her circumstance)

I understand what you're saying, since I also think No-rae went too far and said some pretty terrible things she shouldn't have in the heat of the moment. I was referring more to those who judge No-rae's entire character based on a few chapters alone, since I've noticed she receives an unfair amount of harsh criticism. Frankly, that boggles my mind because I've seen readers sympathize with Kyung-woo (which is fine if they do) who had a bad motive in chapter 30 but, who occasionally did nice things. Then there's No-rae who has had an outstanding track record in comparison save for a couple of chapters, yet she's called whiny, a bad person, that she doesn't deserve Seol-a, etc.

Random Reader:

I was on the receiving end of those out bursts more than a few times in my life. I experienced very similar treatment that No-rae was giving Seol-a (minus the whole shitfaced in public bit) from the avoiding and no talking too to a sudden, raging outburst. In that regard, I think Soel-a is handling herself extraordinarily well given the circumstances and good on her to chase after No-rae. I know I did when I had too >;-P ...

It will be very interesting to see what actually happened to her. To see Seol-a's reaction to what I'd assume would be a semi-confession of sorts.

Random Blurb:

I'm closer to No-rae in personality so when I was finally on the receiving end of such confusing behavior, it was an eye-opener to say the least. >>; I give Seol-a a lot of credit. I've also chased after someone before and it's definitely a risk that involves putting your heart on the line. Was your chase successful?

You just know her ex is going to show up at some point to rain on our parade. haha. Though I hope it's not until after No-rae and Seol-a are a couple. I don't think No-rae is capable of handling any added stress at the moment. Not when she's already a conflicted mess.

Do you think there's a chance that Seol-a's former friend might also resurface? I just noticed ssamba actually gave her eyes in this chapter for (I think) the first time. She no longer looks like a creepy ghost from a horror movie.

halmoni:

I'm pretty sure the people who called her a bitch haven't been paying attention for the past like, 10 chapters.

Must be, since their claims make me second guess whether we're reading the same story at all. They're probably just salty that No-rae hasn't leapt into Seol-a's arms and proclaimed her undying love like how all normal people do the second they realize they're gay for their friend... >>

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

UGH I'm friggin' stressed about this whole cat and mouse thing going on between them, I miss the happy cheerful No-rae, it's making me feel a lot more bitter with sunbae (sorry I forgot his name) from chapter 24 where he seem to have gotten to see her the last time she smiled so freely. And I don't know much about cars but is it normal for ones in storage for so long to have gas?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Alextasha:

I think whole chapter will be Seol-A's thinking about No-Rae action/behaviour (we can assume that trip to No-Rae hometown can take w while so it's plently of time for thinking when you drive) and maybe about her own feelings in this situation. Maybe in last frame we will see No-Rae surprised face when she will see Seol-A.

That's a possible scenario, and if that happens, I guess we will have to wait about 2 chapters before Seol-A and No-Rae finally meet.

xyth:

Hmmm.. you got me thinking there. That could be the case regarding No-rae. But that "Why did you let me hear those words" line, in my opinion, may also mean about No-rae's being unbiased towards other people regardless on what rumors she hears about them (I can't word what exactly that is, refer to the past chapters :p ). Since in her self she knows how much she cares about Seol-a, she can't help but to get angry or be cold towards her. Her judgement towards Seol-a is being tainted because of what she saw or heard.

Your opinion actually makes more sense than mine, I was just letting my mind wonder too far xD...Still hoping for a No-Rae flashback though :D

Halmoni:

I see, that make sense now. When I was reading that line, in my head No-Rae's voice tone kind of change to an even angrier tone (?), which then gave me the impression that it has something to do with her past, and causes No-Rae to raise her voice to Seol-A. But I guess it was just my wild imagination xD...True to that, I can feel No-Rae's frustration, it's like she was holding back not to let her feeling explode there, and what's even more frustrating is that Seol-A doesn't seem to have a single clue about what No-Rae was trying to say to her >.<

joined Mar 28, 2014

Sorry for the rant, but could you please use spoiler tags when discussing Octave? ty

And I don't know much about cars but is it normal for ones in storage for so long to have gas?

I'd say, gas is irrelevant for the story in the first case. Besides, just because it's in garage, doesn't mean it's completely out of use.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:15AM

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

Sorry for the rant, but could you please use spoiler tags when discussing Octave? ty

And I don't know much about cars but is it normal for ones in storage for so long to have gas?
I'd say, gas is irrelevant for the story in the first case. Besides, just because it's in garage, doesn't mean it's completely out of use.

Yes I do understand the car has little to do with the story as it's only a device to further it along (as it obviously enables Seol-a to follow) but given it was in her garage since her brother left the apartment for her to make use of, you can approximate it's inactivity for months and I don't know but it completely took me out of the story as it seems to have been way too convenient for it to be there and still work. It's a bit contrived, and I know this is far from a realistic story in any case but I wish there was more solidity to the story telling than just conveniently having things appear and be utilized when the situation calls for it. As this is a slice of life drama romance, I was not prepared for having to suspend my disbelief. My question was more so that I do in fact, find confidence in this choice of moving the narrative.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 11:04AM

Norae3.1
joined Feb 17, 2015

moonfrost13

Oh, I didn't know winter is the same one from Tumblr and pixiv. How awesome. ^^ I love your fan art and often reblog them.

Now you know. XD I love your fanart, too. Especially the No-rae holding Seol-a's bat. :)
Thank you for loving my fan art. I hope to see more of your fan art. ^^

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:08PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

given it was in her garage

this is not given

since her brother left the apartment for her to make use of

Seol-a has three brothers. The one who used to live in the apartments she stays now is Hyeong-woo (re-read chapter 7 - Seol-a mentions that in her dialogue with Ji-hwan in the car). The one who gives her a visit in chapter 12, who No-rae mistakes for Seol-a's boyfriend, and the one whose car Seol-a's taking is Jin-woo. So I assumed she's taking the car from Jin-woo's garage.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Norae not stand all the voices behind Seola, somehow thinks Seola is innocent and who simply do not always realize that the men around her speak in purely sexual terms.

But Seola is a very beautiful girl and rich (I think I understood). Around her was only interested friendships. Norae is angry with her, from the chapter of the bathroom because she does not respond and let them talk about her that way, and somehow think that the fault is her "open attitude" and she blame for all this.

Evidently jealous, as a friend could easily tell her to be careful, but because she is jealous and now just can not control themselves, Norae does not want to have anything to do with her, because she just does not want to lose control and suffer.

Does not it seem strange and implausible, however, that Norae Seola and they never talked about the declaration of Ji-hwan?
And you think that Seola is really a innocent girl? Maybe she was always gay, and so with all the guys did not go well. Besides, Norae painful past is referred to a boy, for Seola the painful event refers to a girl (even if only "friend")

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

sachii

Yes I do understand the car has little to do with the story as it's only a device to further it along (as it obviously enables Seol-a to follow) but given it was in her garage since her brother left the apartment for her to make use of, you can approximate it's inactivity for months and I don't know but it completely took me out of the story as it seems to have been way too convenient for it to be there and still work. It's a bit contrived, and I know this is far from a realistic story in any case but I wish there was more solidity to the story telling than just conveniently having things appear and be utilized when the situation calls for it. As this is a slice of life drama romance, I was not prepared for having to suspend my disbelief. My question was more so that I do in fact, find confidence in this choice of moving the narrative.

Haha actually my family keeps a ridiculously expensive car in our garage, and we only (literally) use it about three to four times a year (just because it's so expensive). Gas doesn't suddenly evaporate or anything, if the tank is sealed, and the worse thing that can happen is that the battery needs a jump (but that has never happened to us). I don't see why this would vary between luxury and normal cars (and Seol-a family is really rich right? It's probably luxury anyways). Even if it ever needs a jump, we keep a battery pack lying around just in case. No reason to assume that they don't have one either.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:06PM

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

given it was in her garage

this is not given

since her brother left the apartment for her to make use of

Seol-a has three brothers. The one who used to live in the apartments she stays now is Hyeong-woo (re-read chapter 7 - Seol-a mentions that in her dialogue with Ji-hwan in the car). The one who gives her a visit in chapter 12, who No-rae mistakes for Seol-a's boyfriend, and the one whose car Seol-a's taking is Jin-woo. So I assumed she's taking the car from Jin-woo's garage.

Oh you're quite right! thank you, this makes a lot more sense, I find myself confused at times where the character's are as there is little emphasis on establishing the sets visually (which isn't necessarily a bad thing as the story is more focused on developing character relationships, but does in fact open up to a lot of misunderstandings) I had mis-identified the location in the last panel where the only background was glass doors of a very ambiguous design and had assumed it to be the entrance to her apartment.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 12:16PM

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

sachii

Haha actually my family keeps a ridiculously expensive car in our garage, and we only (literally) use it about three to four times a year (just because it's so expensive). Gas doesn't suddenly evaporate or anything, if the tank is sealed, and the worse thing that can happen is that the battery needs a jump (but that has never happened to us). I don't see why this would vary between luxury and normal cars (and Seol-a family is really rich right? It's probably luxury anyways). Even if it ever needs a jump, we keep a battery pack lying around just in case. No reason to assume that they don't have one either.

Hahaha although I wasn't thinking it would evaporate, the thought was kind of funny and I see why my question may have ended up seeming so strange, I have very little knowledge of cars in general, I was actually sort of thinking maybe if it's been in the tank for too long certain problems like, leaking or what not may occur, but I suppose that might not be the case, but seol-a trying to jump the battery before following no-rae would make for a very funny side story if that indeed happen in-story. Thank you for the insights!

joined Mar 28, 2014

there is little emphasis on establishing the sets visually

haha, I know what you mean. It took me a while to figure out Ji-hwan and Jin-woo are two different persons! And even after that, I still mistook Jin-woo in the last chapter for Ji-hwan! I guess from now on I will be relying on the earring a lot to differentiate between the two ^_^

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

sachii

Hahaha although I wasn't thinking it would evaporate, the thought was kind of funny and I see why my question may have ended up seeming so strange, I have very little knowledge of cars in general, I was actually sort of thinking maybe if it's been in the tank for too long certain problems like, leaking or what not may occur, but I suppose that might not be the case, but seol-a trying to jump the battery before following no-rae would make for a very funny side story if that indeed happen in-story. Thank you for the insights!

LOL! Sorry, I didn't mean to be weird and answer a never-asked silly question haha. but, now that you've mentioned it, Seol-a jump-starting a car would be an excellent side story. Well takachi resolved the conundrum regardless (hah, totally didn't catch on that it was the wrong brother) so I suppose that's currently out of the picture. :)

On another note:

I have like...conflicting feelings about the upcoming chapter. I feel like if they actually meet, things would have to be resolved or something (or someone) would break. I think someone else brought up the comment where No-rae's ex should be coming back soon. I don't think No-rae's had closure on that issue, so I think, until that's happened, this thing between Seol-a and No-rae is going to be at a standstill. So I'm thinking that next chapter (like someone else said) would end with Seol-a arriving at the Kims, but in the interim, it's going to have nothing to do with the two, but rather setting up the ex's arrival.

But maybe working things out with Seol-a would help in that regard (i.e. getting over her ex)? Idk. I'm probably (and would love to be) wrong. ^^;; But I don't want to eagerly look forward to next chapter in order to have like...0 development. orz

joined Mar 28, 2014

I have a feeling that the next two chapters will be flashbacky/reflections upon what has happened while each girl's travelling. Then I think they won't really have a chance to talk properly because No-rae's family will not let them. I have a strong belief Seol-a will shine there and will get praised, hehe. I just hope No-rae's brother won't turn into another yuri threat xD then, may be after a family dinner, they will have a chance to talk walking under the star (oh, I'm such a romanticist), then No-rae might confess, may be indirectly, but somehow Seol-a might start realising what she really feels towards No-rae after that talk. And then they'll sleep together... like... you know friends.. and I request some accidental spooning! and then... and then... ah whatever... even if the sleeping happens, might only be at chapter ~39-41, I think.

3wsererf
joined Feb 5, 2015

I actually think SeolA and NoRae's relationship would improve slightly. Either they'll talk through their misunderstandings so they're on (at least) speaking terms again, or both of them might come to understand that there IS something going on between the two of them and create a "more than friends" atmosphere (even more serious than as it stands). But I also agree there will be some setup for the ex's arrival, and just as things are starting to look up - BAM! Ssamba will hit us with more angst.

Also, the comments for this manhwa (on the comico website) is the best. The most voted one for ep31 is:
"Don't fight T_T But SeolA has a lot of determination. Usually, if someone says those sort of things [what NoRae said to SeolA], the relationship gets sour. But you just can't give up, can you SeolA? (smile)"
or
"I really didn't think NoRae would be the one to do this first lolololol I thought SeolA would be the first one to realize her feelings, then push NoRae away, then get jealous and upset lololololol But NoRae's doing it first lolololol yasssss"
then there's
"If she just went driving to blow off some steam, I'm gonna kill someone"

I seriously keep up with this comic partially because of the comments.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 1:14PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Moonfrost13

Random Reader:

I was on the receiving end of those out bursts more than a few times in my life. I experienced very similar treatment that No-rae was giving Seol-a (minus the whole shitfaced in public bit) from the avoiding and no talking too to a sudden, raging outburst. In that regard, I think Soel-a is handling herself extraordinarily well given the circumstances and good on her to chase after No-rae. I know I did when I had too >;-P ...

It will be very interesting to see what actually happened to her. To see Seol-a's reaction to what I'd assume would be a semi-confession of sorts.

Random Blurb:

I'm closer to No-rae in personality so when I was finally on the receiving end of such confusing behavior, it was an eye-opener to say the least. >>; I give Seol-a a lot of credit. I've also chased after someone before and it's definitely a risk that involves putting your heart on the line. Was your chase successful?

7 1/2 of success and counting! ;)

You just know her ex is going to show up at some point to rain on our parade. haha. Though I hope it's not until after No-rae and Seol-a are a couple. I don't think No-rae is capable of handling any added stress at the moment. Not when she's already a conflicted mess.

Hmmm... possibly but possibly not. Who knows!

Do you think there's a chance that Seol-a's former friend might also resurface? I just noticed ssamba actually gave her eyes in this chapter for (I think) the first time. She no longer looks like a creepy ghost from a horror movie.

I thought that those were scenes of Seol-a reacting to finding out her "friends" true motives.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 1:20PM

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

So ridiculous with some of the nitpicking this story gets. A car in a garage that still works AND has gas in it? That's impossible! There she goes again with the deus ex machina. What a hack this writer is. She should've at least shown Seol-a going to the gas station to fill up!

3wsererf
joined Feb 5, 2015

LOL yeah I saw that, I'm not sure if I'm impressed or shocked. Both, maybe.
Just cuz a car's in a garage, it doesn't mean that it's not working/has no gas in it. Korea's not like North America, so a car in a garage doesn't necessarily equate to "haven't been driven in years." And from the implications from their dialogue, SeolA's brother is a car/motorbike lover who treats motor vehicles like his babies. And he tells her where to find the spare keys, which means that he has the primary set of keys with him, which implies he uses it at some point. It's safe to assume they're well maintained.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

swine

I actually think SeolA and NoRae's relationship would improve slightly. Either they'll talk through their misunderstandings so they're on (at least) speaking terms again, or both of them might come to understand that there IS something going on between the two of them and create a "more than friends" atmosphere (even more serious than as it stands). But I also agree there will be some setup for the ex's arrival, and just as things are starting to look up - BAM! Ssamba will hit us with more angst.

oh gosh, thank you for translating those comments!! and i can't tell you how much I'm hoping for one of those scenarios to happen. plot line? pssh, all I want is character development >____>

Random Reader:

omg, how popular are you?? Until this forum, I've never heard of this whole chase thing happening to anyone. And it's happened to you more than 8 times?? (How do you have a 1/2 successful chase??). Whenever something 'similar' happened to me, it was always just point blank, "will you go out with me." I've never had/heard of this whole secret love/give chase stuff (in real life anyways). D: I was also always told I was crazy for believing in that kind of stuff because those things never happened in real life. WHICH APPARENTLY THEY DO. VINDICATED.].

takachi

even if the sleeping happens, might only be at chapter ~39-41, I think.

omg you realize this would take 2 months to see right?? That's 7 weeks too long!! D:

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 2:05PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Eerrr... welcome to Dynasty Scans... O_o

HypocriticalLiar

Random Reader:

omg, how popular are you?? Until this forum, I've never heard of this whole chase thing happening to anyone. And it's happened to you more than 8 times?? (How do you have a 1/2 successful chase??). Whenever something 'similar' happened to me, it was always just point blank, "will you go out with me." I've never had/heard of this whole secret love/give chase stuff (in real life anyways). D: [I've always wanted stuff like that to happen [terrible romantic at heart], and my close friends know of such. Of course, I was also always told I was crazy because those things never happened in real life. WHICH APPARENTLY THEY DO. UGH. SO LEFT OUT. Fine. I'll just be all alone with my cats that I will get when I'm old. -_-].

Haha as far as I know I'm only super popular with my gf lol! I only ever did that with her in our first couple years together. Our personalities were and are so different it took some getting used too. On top of that she had bad experiences with guys, before meeting me, via her friends and in class/whatnot. A lot of jerks basically. So she kept expecting me turn out douchey. Which I'm not, so yeah. A bit of back and forth lol. Totally worth it though :) (I almost pulled a John Cusack at one point!!) I'm also a romantic at heart so I'll pull out all the cheesy stops without a second thought.

To reply you must either login or sign up.