Forum › Senpai and Me discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Reminded me of Pikachi's Melty Kiss.

Gotta love Lots of kissing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not as good as Melty Kiss, but Pikachi's a pretty high bar. Still nice to see all those kisses though.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

"Love juice is pouring out of your mouth"?.....Mouth sex. Gotta love mouth sex.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I can't believe that sempaii let her kohai open her box >.<
Lol
seriously tho that was way romantic ^_^

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this page though

borderline nsfw XD

Unnamed%20(1)
joined Apr 11, 2015

They called that a hickey..(≧▽≦)/~┴┴

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Their postions and kisses were SOOOO weird, wtf? xD But okay, it's yuri, noice <3
Edit: They didn't even close eyes to kiss .-. Mostly.. How awkward is that?

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 2:16AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I think that Senpai's anatomy was wrong.

inanimatebananamint
joined Jan 6, 2015

I enjoy the secret story this oneshot tells:

Aside from Yuri Hime and Hirari, Tsubomi used to be one of the only other big names in yuri publishing. It has since gone out of business, but recently Mebae has taken its place (it is also the magazine this oneshot ran in). This story literally has Mebae sending love letters to Tsubomi. I consider this oneshot as a love letter from Mebae (or the author) for all the good Tsubomi has done for yuri.

It has a lot of amusing parallels which further personify these magazines as their characters:

"I found Senpai at a book store I just happened to visit" and "After some time, she graduated, but I ended up entering the same world as her." start the story off strong on Mebae talking about finding a Tsubomi magazine, and then Tsubomi going out of business but having Mebae enter the industry soon after.

"You were born in April, Me-chan." Refers to Mebae's Volume 1 release on April 31st 2014.

"I've graduated, we live in different worlds now" again refers to Tsubomi going out of business, but then Mebae responds "We're together! I chose to enter this industry so I could be closer to you, Senpai". Pretty obvious.

Tsubomi has a lot of stories that never get to the kiss (infuriatingly, at times), hence the kissless virgin moment.

Tsubomi ran for 21 volumes, thus "There's 21 minutes left to my birthday" and the subsequent "Unfortunately, I'm out of time" when those 21 minutes are up.

Unrelated specifically to this oneshot, but Tsubomi means flower bud and Mebae means seedling. This connection runs deep!

This is possibly the first instance of someone shipping yuri magazines in a yuri magazine.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 3:22AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Aside from Yuri Hime and Hirari, Tsubomi used to be one of the only other big names in yuri publishing. It has since gone out of business, but recently Mebae has taken its place (it is also the magazine this oneshot ran in). This story literally has Mebae sending love letters to Tsubomi. I consider this oneshot as a love letter from Mebae (or the author) for all the good Tsubomi has done for yuri.

It has a lot of amusing parallels which further personify these magazines as their characters:

"I found Senpai at a book store I just happened to visit" and "After some time, she graduated, but I ended up entering the same world as her." start the story off strong on Mebae talking about finding a Tsubomi magazine, and then Tsubomi going out of business but having Mebae enter the industry soon after.

"You were born in April, Me-chan." Refers to Mebae's Volume 1 release on April 31st 2014.

"I've graduated, we live in different worlds now" again refers to Tsubomi going out of business, but then Mebae responds "We're together! I chose to enter this industry so I could be closer to you, Senpai". Pretty obvious.

Tsubomi has a lot of stories that never get to the kiss (infuriatingly, at times), hence the kissless virgin moment.

Tsubomi ran for 21 volumes, thus "There's 21 minutes left to my birthday" and the subsequent "Unfortunately, I'm out of time" when those 21 minutes are up.

Unrelated specifically to this oneshot, but Tsubomi means flower bud and Mebae means seedling. This connection runs deep!

This is possibly the first instance of someone shipping yuri magazines in a yuri magazine.

Well that made it kind of sad... ish?

But come on, as if someone hasn't shipped yuri magazines before. It's shiping. It's ALL been done.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

OT but this looks like censorship xD

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nominating for post of the year 2015.

Thank you so much, it was both hilarious and rather interesting!

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 1:53PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Nominating for post of the year 2015.

Thank you so much, it was both hilarious and rather interesting!

Is there an actual post of the year competition?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is there an actual post of the year competition?

If the judge were me, I could probably give you my nominees/winners for 2013 and '14 (edit: yes I'm a loser). But sadly there isn't an actual competition...

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 2:00PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

If the judge were me, I could probably give you my nominees/winners for 2013 and '14 (edit: yes I'm a loser). But sadly there isn't an actual competition...

Damn it, there should be! What's the point of posting strings of letters on the internet if it's not a competition?

Whoa, taking a step back for a second makes me realise how easy I just made it for a random observer in a game of 'guess my genitalia'.

Why isn't that a game show? I would so watch that.

edit: Don't worry, you're too awesome to be a loser. If you want to see a loser in action, see any post I've ever made. Such as ones like this where I needlessly fanboy over random people on forums.

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 2:09PM

joined Jan 17, 2014

wow, epic secret, thks mate
this stuff is too good, i like lewd tease :DDDD

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

this page though

borderline nsfw XD

I dunno, I'd say the crotchshot was closer to NWS...

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

I never thought something so sad could be so happy. (okay barring Madoka and Yuki Yuna and...well a lot of shows)

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 11:43AM

joined Dec 18, 2014

The left panel on page 8 is creepy as hell.

inanimatebananamint
joined Jan 6, 2015

A couple details I noticed but forgot to mention:

You might have noticed the letters Mebae wrote looked kind of unusual (page 18). They represent publisher questionnaire insert cards that manga are often sold with. If you've ever imported manga from Japan you might have found a small postcard with questions on the back, and that's what these love letters are based on. 112-8580 at the top of the card is the postal code for Hobunsha, the publisher of Tsubomi. I have a few books from Tsubomi and they all have cards just like these.

Not as interesting, but 101-8388 on one of the cards is for Shounen Gahousha, a non-yuri magazine. My guess is that the author works there. The postage dates stamped on the cards are after Tsubomi ended (Dec 2012). Since I couldn't find any connections with this, I like to think it is just Mebae's unending expression of love for Tsubomi.

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

everything inanimatebananamint said

Wow spectacular. No wonder that combination of names seemed waay too familiar. So, Mebae is the new anthology instead of Tsubomi? Wish it a long life (with no cancellations in at least ten years)

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

This is just... wow. I did notice the kouhai's name is the same as the name of the magazine, and somewhat felt it must have some other meaning, but to have all the dots connected like this, it's amazing.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Oh, I know that both of their names takes on Yuri Magazine's name, but to think that there's more to it than just name....

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Damn, thanks for that analysis

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I love the lots of kissing tag!

To reply you must either login or sign up.