Forum › Goodbye Kastor discussion

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Personally I see them as being friends at the end with a very close understanding, not to mention a shared connection to the late Kana. But I'd rather not see them pursue a relationship.

Well after time, so long as its not as a replacement thing (which Nanase made explicit), I think it'd be fine

Agreed! As long as both have arrived into their own, and aren't using each other as an emotional crutch, I don't see why a relationship can't happen. In fact, they have a healthy start. Nanase feels like she could freely be herself in front of Hina, unlike with Kana where she feels more constrained to be a "good" girl. And it is clear, that she is looking at Hina for the girl that she is, and not as some pseudo Kana. Any love relationship will be on equal terms now.

joined Feb 15, 2015

ahhh heartbroken..

joined Jan 8, 2014

I'm seriously wondering what kind of fucked up person is in charge of the dormitory. Assigning the twin sister of her recently deceased roommate as Tachibana's new roommate is beyond incensitive.

Because reasons! Don't question manga logic.

ROFL!

Vivid%20strike!%20-%2001
joined Apr 1, 2013

*sniff... damwit! who cut the onion??!

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

*sniff... damwit! who cut the onion??!

Damn those invisible ninjas cutting onions!

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

OuCH this one hurt a lot :( can you imagine Tachibana-san's first reaction when she opened the door to her dead lover's twin? Same damn hairstyle and everything. I'm impressed she didn't start bawling on the spot.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Wow, the number of plot contrivances it took to cook up this situation...even for a manga, it's impressive.

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

<3

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Oh, is the title in reference to Castor and Pollux? I'm surprised this isn't twincest.
Btw, I've read a lesbian novel wherein the female twin gets the toaster oven from winning over her male twin's fiancee, there's so much angst and drama and tragedy though

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

The fireflies seemed random, guess overall the ending wasn't that good, well the last page didn't end bad either. mixed feelings.

Fireflies fairly often symbolize the souls of the dead. Also apparently in Japanese culture they can symbolize passionate love. So under both of those circumstances it makes a lot of sense.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm re-reading this... my heart broke once again

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

at least she knows Hina's her type.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Well, I thought they were friends on my first read. Now? My yuri myopia must have gotten pretty bad for I see hearts surrounding them...Wow, such chemistry, I want to see them together, could be best friends, could be lovers, could be life companions (you know the person who you are not really romantically attracted to but choose to stay with them for your entire life?). I mean some relationships IRL are so complicated it is hard to put a label on them, so why not? Hina and Nanase deserve a happy ending xD

Also, can some kind souls please tell me what the title means?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BlueBerry posted:

Also, can some kind souls please tell me what the title means?

I assume it refers to one of those 2 things:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_and_Pollux
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castor_(star)

Basically refers to mc finally accepting her (twin) lover dead?

last edited at Mar 28, 2018 1:18PM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I'm legit tearing up a bit this is not okay

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I need a stronger heart. As soon as it was mentioned there was a dead character at the start, instant sadness.

Well, at least you don't have a black hole where your heart is supposed to be, cuz stuff like this and angst in general rarely has any effect whatsoever on me :p

I suppose that's definitely a plus. Though donating my black hole to science would make for some interesting conversations.

Interestingly (for approximately no one), I used to view myself as rather unaffected by emotion. Then I watched Code Geass. I assumed it was just a blip. Then I got into yuri. It was not. Only in fiction though. In real life, I am shockingly able to get other things that should be tragic in a day, where as Lelouch's death affected me for more than a year.

Bruh. I thought I was alone in this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.