Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Mar 23, 2013

Anyway, I think that my critics make sense. Actually the start of the relationship between Seol-a and No-Rae (the guy trying to strangle her and No-Rae to the rescue) was odd too. Why would you use a baseball bat on some random guy? Any normal person would probably have screamed at the top of their lungs. That's what I would have done if I had witnessed such scene.

Um, this might what you of done but using force on someone assaulting another person isn't something a "normal" won't do especially for acquaintance/friend/loved one. Granted I would of not aimed for the head because that can turn into a deadly blow very fast, but it's the way base all bat hits happen in all fiction. It's the one hit knockout.

For future reference, first hit should be on his side for cracked / broken ribs and air loss. Second hit should be to the kneecap or Tibia to shatter bones, it sorts of pretty much immobilize your target. Should be fairly easy since his body will naturally go to the side and expose his legs ( coping with the hit ). You then can go for the takedown and immobilize them while calling for assistance from cops/other people. If it's not enough because bad hits/not enough force, just hit the legs again.

Now you all know how to beat someone up in the particular position the guy was in if you happen to randomly walk in a situation like this with a bat.

P.S. This is totally doable if you passed bio in high school and know how the body moves.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't shy from conflict, or I would have stopped posting here. I just don't particularly enjoy it. Anyway, this is not about me, this is about FF.

In the end, after thinking it through, I know what's keeping me from enjoying FF completely.

In MY opinion, which doesn't seem to be shared (but I don't care), the characters in FF are really good (and I want to know how it's going to work between them,) because the author thought a lot about their personality and obviously put much love in them, but the way the plot moves forward is weak because the author uses weak devices.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree about that, and that's it.

joined Sep 4, 2014

Oh man, well FF is a a wonderful gem anyway. It's not everyday you get to read something about two people of the same gender realizing their feelings about eachother in a good pace with great art. I mean no story is perfect, but you gotta admit FF is up there

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Ehh seriously guys and gals... Can we back to the topic? You are talking about the same things over and over again... can we just, I don't know... stop? Fresh start etc?

The atmosphere in this thread is very tense right now...

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 2:42PM

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

A few pages back, we were talking about voices (well, admittedly we were talking about halmoni's cool voice!), so if FF was ever made in animé or drama, what voice actors/actors do you guys see them as?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I don't ask for hyper-realism either. Any fiction demands some measure of suspension of disbelief. But sometimes, it's just too much when the author seems to aim for a realistic setting and characters (like FF) but derails it by using weak and unrealistic plot devices to make major progresses in the story.

You don't "ask for hyper-realism", but at the same time you acknowledge that FF's "weak and unrealistic plot devices" derails the story from its "realistic setting". Do you see the glaring contradiction in your critique?

In real life, it wouldn't be that easy of course, but it's not based on randomness. The initial encounter, at the sliding doors, is random, but it's not unlikely. You have to have a starting point in the story.

Like Martian and I already explained before, No-rae and Sun Jing are two completely different characters, and Their Story and FF are two completely different stories. It doesn't make sense to compare the two. Your definition of what exactly "random" means isn't crystal clear either. What makes Their Story's initial encounter "unlikely", while No-rae overhearing the guys is flat out "unrealistic"?

She's prone to use violence to make things move forward no? An attempt on Seol-a's life to start the story, and now, probably, a foiled rape attempt to get them closer.

Again, another unjustified assumption towards Ssamba. Seol-a and No-rae have had plenty of relationship developments in the story without violence. And please don't use a personal preference to determine what's a normal reaction or not. I, for one, did not find No-rae's reaction excessive or strange at all. It wasn't just a "random guy", it was an ex-boyfriend who was strangling Seol-a to death.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 2:57PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't shy from conflict, or I would have stopped posting here. I just don't particularly enjoy it. Anyway, this is not about me, this is about FF.

In the end, after thinking it through, I know what's keeping me from enjoying FF completely.

In MY opinion, which doesn't seem to be shared (but I don't care), the characters in FF are really good (and I want to know how it's going to work between them,) because the author thought a lot about their personality and obviously put much love in them, but the way the plot moves forward is weak because the author uses weak devices.

I'm sure we can agree to disagree about that, and that's it.

I think this is much better than your earlier critics, which I think you weren't exactly sure about what you didn't like.
I can understand you feel slightly dissappointed by the devices that move plot compared to the richness of the characters.
'
I personally think that's a fair remark and I don't entirely disagree.

Dibujosad
joined Apr 12, 2015

Random Reader

I wanna give some suport to Nya-chan because i don't think this is quite correct: "If they are valid then the reactions will be much more mixed and some might even agree with you despite them really liking the story. However, if they seem like they don't make sense within the context of the story then yeah, people are going to oppose you rather harshly because your points are that. They don't make sense."

How so??

I don't think what Nya-chan is saying don't make sense, and i agree with her in most of the thing she say.
Maybe not with deus ex machina, but i think i understand what she is trying to say. Is like a little disappointing every time that the plot is not flowing by "normal circumstances". I mean that the autor choose but is unavoidable for you to not think, maybe other things were more realistics and suitable.

I have to say that i know that this is manga and if i like more realistic things i will see a movie or a serie or read a book. I enjoy FF for what is like, and i am entirely grateful with Halmoni for the traduction. Thanks Halmoni!!!

With this i wanted to calm down the things a bit, because don't think is a big mistake what she is saying.

Seol-a
joined Apr 6, 2015

Anyone know what the hearts mean on the comico website? Is it just 'likes?' Why does FF have more than twice as many hearts as the second place comic? I'm very curious about that.

joined Jan 31, 2015

NoRaeMi:

Anyone know what the hearts mean on the comico website? Is it just 'likes?'

Yes.

The tooltip on the heart button says: 좋아요.
(See here http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/29 at the bottom of the chapter for an example.)

좋아요 means "I like it" or "I love it".
(halmoni can confirm or correct if she wants.)

NoRaeMi:

Why does FF have more than twice as many hearts as the second place comic? I'm very curious about that.

Because it's goddamn awesome, that's why.

BTW,
@ your name
I C WAT U DID THERE

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 4:41PM

No-rae%20200
joined Feb 13, 2014

I'm just curious, but is Ssamba not posting a chapter this week?

joined Jan 31, 2015

Apparently, all Comico releases are now at 6:00 a.m. KST on Monday.

Which means right about now.

joined Jan 31, 2015

And speak of the devil, here it is:

Chapter 30
http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/31

MUST. RESIST. LOOKING AT IT. BEFORE. TRANSLATIONS.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:07PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Last week I stalked the release up until the last second. Literally at 6:00:00 the chapter was up, which is worrisome.

EDIT: JK CUE MASSIVE FANGIRLING

EDIT 2: UGH. Head!canon was THIS close to coming true. ACTUALLY. LIES. Basically all of it came true!

palakangorange

I'm no Keiko but ahem well, are you done stretching? You better not [Ra]n ok?

LMAO. Nice. Nice. Touche.

moonfrost13:

I actually have been working on a short fan comic (unfortunately, not of that scenario since I started it before this last chapter). I'm 3 panels away from having it completely sketched out. But, reading comics does not make one an expert in creating them so the result could very well be crappy. lol. Nothing like trying. Though I wish I made it simpler. All of these poses are killing me.

Thank you. :) Just like your icon (which I love), I needed to do something artistic to vent my Kyung-woo induced rage.

Haha, thank you too. :D And YES. Stupid Kyung-woo. He got a good trash talking this chapter. >:D I'm super excited about this fan comic!!

All of this suspense is killing me!!! I want next week to come stat!

Side Note:

Ya know, whenever I read in books about people's hearts' being tight and swelling with warmth and happiness and stuff, I always thought it was a load of crap. But damn it, if that organ doesn't feel super warm and tight at this moment.

Super Side Note:

Halmoni, you've got skills too (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y). It's like you, littleyuri (Btw I totally saw your sketches and they're awesome!) and MoonFrost are almost single-handedly contributing to the fandom community.

Triple Super Side Note:

The spazziness of this post is kind of sad lol. It's totally all over the place. (You totally can't read my excitement at all)

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:26PM

Unnamed%20qq%20screenshot20150223005817
joined Apr 5, 2015

I already died at the thumbnail-

joined Nov 2, 2014

That look No-rae gave to Gyeong-woo :p

I'm glad she came right on time.
Now things may become serious between her and Seol-a :D

joined Feb 22, 2015

OH DAMN! This one's a little longer than usual. (I think)

Can't wait for Halmoni's translation.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

No-Rae is such a knight in shining armor... that's how you should protect your girl =D

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:32PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Ah good.. She came.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:28PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So, it looks like somehow, No-rae got into Seol-a's apartment...[unfortunately]. I was hoping that [should No-rae have to drag Seol-a back to her own apartment] next week we could have the convo, but I guess now Seol-a's just going to wake-up (without remembering anything) and try to figure out how she got home. She'll probably talk to Kyung-woo who will tell her No-rae showed up. Then next week's chapter will probably end with some sort of confrontation and I'll be impatiently waiting the chapter after orz

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:29PM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

now Seol-a's just going to wake-up (without remembering anything) and try to figure out how she got home.

Damn, you could be right. Then we, I mean No-rae would have made no progress at all. Dammit.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Now it's time to F5 / Command R here:

http://pastebin.com/u/halmoni

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 5:42PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

craptree:

Damn, you could be right. Then we, I mean No-rae would have made no progress at all. Dammit.

Hah, YES. Part of me hopes No-rae will do the -decent- thing and stick around, but I think she'd only stick around long enough to make sure Seol-a didn't have alcohol poisoning. :( I mean, I can imagine the fear of being 'confronted' should she get caught, so that's the understandable response, anyways. I just don't know what will end up weighing more.

1) The need to make sure that Seol-a's completely okay, which leads to No-rae staying up until the point Seol-a's awake.

or

2) The need to make sure that Seol-a's more than likely going to be okay, and then the horror of having that convo outweighing her need for 100% absolute certainty leads to her departure. aka: No-rae stays for a period of time, and departs like a ghost, leaving Seol-a confused (or, what would be more interesting, remembering everything) upon awakening .

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 6:07PM

joined Feb 22, 2015

Can anyone translate the top 3 comments? XD Just really curious what the 2nd one says. (1/100)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Based on google translate, I think it's requesting that Comico release time goes back to 11 pm Sunday korean time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.