Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mikagura Gakuen is indeed wonderful!! the MC has too much yuri in her heart, but I'm getting some maria holic vibes... in the part where even if she directly ask for it nobody seem to listen, beyond ignoring is like they don't process all that she said at all. That's why I dropped mariaxholic season 2 halfway, the yuri was a joke and an awful one.
But I keep my hype up for this one! because she only likes girls!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Mikagura is pretty ok. Not sure if the yuri is actually going to go anywhere, though

Houkago no Pleiades has some clear Pink x Cyan subtext. I suspect it's setting up a bisexual love triangle (though the male in question is so effeminate I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually a cross-dressing girl). That said, the show itself isn't great

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

What do you mean??

KyoAni doesn't exactly have a great history with yuri, especially when the cast consists of more than just girls. This is talking main character relationships of course.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

A little late but in response to Koufuku Graffiti: lol I dunno what you guys are talking about they are totally straight, yes completely no doubt just cousins but seriously I wouldn't mind a season 2.

Also finish Rolling girls and...wow that was interesting o_0 what a ride, I think I'm only shipping Masami x Nozomi. Although eps 7-8 gave me the yuri vibes

I watched Re-Kan pretty interesting and will probably watch Mikagura and Show by rock .

I'm also dying a little now that I know Jack Atlas AND Crow will show up in Arc-v AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY?! Edit: I'm over it

last edited at Apr 13, 2015 5:05AM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awww already losing hope on Euphonium, but Mikagura seems promising, well if not I can wait for more kancolle, yuru yuri and... symphogear / haven't even watched it but i heard there's some yuri.../

and Kiniro Mosaic!!!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, not from this season but just wanted to point out mostly cuz I don't think I ever saw anyone around here mention it:

Samurai Flamenco has a lesbian side-couple, an actual couple that are into each other.

I kinda... just skimmed through it and only watched the scenes with these characters so I don't really know what the story of the anime. I just know that it starts off rather... innocent with a childish-cartoon-style vigilante justice... then "SHIT GET FUCKING REAL" from on early episode till the end.

Anyways, just a note on one of the girls: she is quite easily a character you might grow to hate as their story arc goes on, by the end she might bring it back or not, depends on the viewer.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm watching season 2 of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and I Can't Understand What My Husband is Thinking. Both had very enjoyable first seasons which I've watched multiple times. I also am excited to finally watch Ore Monogatari (My Love Story) getting animated and it is quite awesome! Plenty of good shows to watch this season.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Just reporting, I google translated a Chinese forum post about Mikagura Gakuen and apparently Yuri fans should stop watching? The translation was pretty sucky so I don't know for sure. Can somebody confirm?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just reporting, I google translated a Chinese forum post about Mikagura Gakuen and apparently Yuri fans should stop watching? The translation was pretty sucky so I don't know for sure. Can somebody confirm?

You know too much asphyxiate her with a Madoka dakimakura

Long live the king (love Lab!)

I really hope not... but I will keep watching anyways

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^not yuri? i'm dead...

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Doesn't mean there is no yuri... I'm just gonna quote myself from another yuri site real quick:

From what I’ve gathered via Google Translate and the opinion of somebody that ran the post through some different translators, the post seems to say that there isn’t much yuri in the source and most of it was added in the anime. That may mean Doga Kobo takes the yuri into their own hands or that may mean they just wanna bait really hard.
The poster says/seems to say that most of what they says is more or less speculation and that they just advice the watchers to be prepared for the worst. Both the manga and the novel are still publishing.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

baiting for yuri fans and crush their hope later.....that is a good idea to them?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

They did Love Lab, after all.

joined Oct 12, 2013

What I've gathered from various threads on /u/ and /a/ is that no one seems to have actually read the light novels, and if they have there's not much romance in any form. Eruna has a few fanboys, but she's more interested in shipping them together in her fantasies, and she's pretty hard gay in general, but mostly the ln are more plot oriented.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time stuff has been changed in adaptation, but honestly no one seems to know what's going to happen in the show. No point in getting twisty knickers about it yet, I think.

joined Jan 21, 2015

From what I’ve gathered via Google Translate and the opinion of somebody that ran the post through some different translators, the post seems to say that there isn’t much yuri in the source and most of it was added in the anime.

Damn. And the first episode was so promising, too. Thanks for researching this, now we know not to get too excited.
Looks like Kiniro Mosaic will be our main source of high school girls who are really gay for each other for this season. At least there won't be any surprises there.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What I've gathered from various threads on /u/ and /a/ is that no one seems to have actually read the light novels, and if they have there's not much romance in any form. Eruna has a few fanboys, but she's more interested in shipping them together in her fantasies, and she's pretty hard gay in general, but mostly the ln are more plot oriented.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time stuff has been changed in adaptation, but honestly no one seems to know what's going to happen in the show. No point in getting twisty knickers about it yet, I think.

T-Thats right!! as long as there are no canon romance and the MC keep being a super yuri freak (aka lesbian) we will be safe ! and .... The doujins/fanart will do the rest...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This is... Amazing! Toriyama himself stated that he created the Super Saiyan God to dismiss the ridiculousness of the super saiyan (let alone the fact that SSG was stupid as all hell) and now he's making even more ridiculous transformations, that guy has seriously gone senile

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is... Amazing! Toriyama himself stated that he created the Super Saiyan God to dismiss the ridiculousness of the super saiyan (let alone the fact that SSG was stupid as all hell) and now he's making even more ridiculous transformations, that guy has seriously gone senile

Given the thing he likes most is humour writing, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, cash money is the reason he did DBZ in the first place.

joined Mar 23, 2013

They did Love Lab, after all.

Only if you didn't take 2 seconds to research the title.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Only if you didn't take 2 seconds to research the title.

Well, then everything is okay because I didn't,

Anyways, got some new info on Mikagura.
According to someone who knows someone who reads both the novel and the manga, there is a bit of ship teasing going on between Eruna and pretty much every character in existence, boy or girl. Eruna does show some interest in boys, but never more than anything platonic. In general, the series deals with every character's relation to every other character, not just Eruna x someone.
At one point in the novel she ponders about getting a love life but doesn't specify.

Her crush on Seisa becomes less transparent as she gets to know her and after Seisa gets used to the attention, she gets annoyed when Eruna pays more attention to other girls. They are both very important to each other and Eruna is a big part of Seisa's character development.

As said person who knows another person put it

My suggestion though, don't expect too much but still hope for the best~ ;)

joined Mar 23, 2013

wrong thread

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 2:53AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

As said person who knows another person put it

My suggestion though, don't expect too much but still hope for the best~ ;)

Let's celebrate that with a big http://i.imgur.com/AHvg59Z.jpg !!

And plus this just because yuri
http://i.imgur.com/VL8CGfh.jpg Karen ship!?
http://i.imgur.com/WrfNaex.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f5WoJzJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nxMbZk2.jpg
SHOW BY ROCK!!!

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

We are blessed by some holy yuri this season.

last edited at Apr 12, 2015 10:01AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'll let you guys beta test for me to see what'll really be yuri by the time the season ends

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Given the thing he likes most is humour writing, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Hell, cash money is the reason he did DBZ in the first place.

My favourite Dragon Ball volumes are still the first two. They're a good mix of Dr. Slump-ish humour and a rambling adventure story. When the fights happen they rarely last more than three pages. I also think the early volumes really capture the whole post-Akira sci-fi/Chinese mythology aesthetic really well. I love how he drew hills to look like the ones in old Chinese prints. When it started settling into being more of a fight comic was when I began to lose interest.

I remember interviews where Toriyama said outright the same thing, he loved the original Dragonball stuff that was fun and adventurous, and almost entirely did DBZ for the paycheck (which was pretty good). Eventually he was getting sick of it and really wanted to go back to doing stuff like Dr. Slump. Hell, he even got out of manga entirely for a while there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.