Forum › Image Comments (August 2024)

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

^Why trans?

Nothing against trans people, just curious why you call this specific depiction of Bocchi trans lol

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020
Yamadoriseika-1337009834294562817-img1

THe anime is really fun and wholesome. Also, you learn a LOT about rice cultivation. Kokorowa definitely has belligerent sexual tension with Sakuna.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I've been watching the anime and playing the game. I gotta start playing the game again actually, the anime already surpassed me.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

^So how much yuri is in the game? Just a little subtext or more?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

Wow, Nijika owns a ridiculously big drum kit.

joined Jun 11, 2021
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

she has a fairly large frame and her arms are noticeably bigger than nijika's. not saying it was the artist's intent but, well, she looks like me. so in my head she's trans. and i've seen bocchi depicted in this way pretty frequently in fan art

joined May 29, 2021
Gu5mubua4aixqo7-orig

Thinking about that friendship event when a girl Zhu Yuan saved is obviously in love with her and can’t help but comment on the obvious.

joined Aug 29, 2019
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

Wasn't "butch" the word for lesbian women presenting/appearing more masculine? Seems less presumptive than jumping straight to trans (wait, that phrasing is a bit weird).
Unless the word has fallen utterly out of favor...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

I think some artists like to draw Bocchi as a tall and shy bottom to a short and assertive top Nijika. I wonder who started that trend with this series, but I know that's a very popular lesbian couple dynamic in the art scene in general. It's also interesting how that happens with fan art, since I believe canonically they're about the same height, but with fan creations body size tends to vary a lot for most series.

Also while I view the characters as cis personally I say more power to you with how you're interpreting them in a way that you relate to Norahash.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023
Gu5mubua4aixqo7-orig

^Wow that's a legit Yuri crush in game huh? C'mon Mihoyo spread the yuri love to Star Rail too! Canonize Bronseele already! We all already know they're together anyway!

joined Sep 27, 2017
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

@Zormau Butch is still popular to my knowledge, just from my understanding Norahash is a trans woman that's relating to the character via a headcanon that the character is also trans. So describing Bocchi as Butch in art such as this might be better for some people, and describing her as Trans might be better for others. Basically the classic saying of the mileage will vary depending on the person, and everyone's interpretation is valid.

joined Aug 29, 2019
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

@FluffyCow Ah, that makes sense. It's not that I couldn't see the angle before, but the conclusion is a lot easier to understand through that lens.
I've not been around in the forums a lot in the past year or so, so I naturally don't know anything about a lot of the newer "faces" or those that didn't stick in my memory.

last edited at Aug 22, 2024 11:21PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Loup_sauvage-1763926607360917631-img1

A whole new world just opened up for Suletta

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017
Gtso0piw4aaumdy-orig

Considering all the things that prey on people's desires in a dungeon, it's probably a good idea to take care of it regularly. They're just being cautious.

Omori-inspired-bocchi-meme-i-made-a-few-months-ago-v0-ncfpj91oy7ja1%20(1)
joined Mar 2, 2016
Gvwdzawa8aa3rzp-orig

it's a frieren and fern reference! LOL

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017
Gu5mubua4aixqo7-orig

“Send prayers so she can break it again!”

The Real Haman Karn
Haman%20icon
joined Nov 29, 2021
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

the trans bocchi reading emerged from her resonating with a lot of trans women's particular experiences with loneliness, alienation and social awkwardness. Her retreating into the internet from anxiety/shame and her social skills atrophying. Crucially this is combined with her wearing that unflattering tracksuit all the time to hide her body, which is extremely common and can be read as Bocchi's gender dysphoria as well as body dysmorphia. So there you go.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

Haman Karn always makes me think of Minky Momo (and vice versa) btw
I think they meet in a Super Robot Wars game

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

@The Real Haman Karn that was very informative so thanks for that.

joined Dec 19, 2023
Guhwe7bwqaauvyo-orig

Still hurt

joined Dec 19, 2023
Gvg19gqbkaa5yk9-orig

They look super cute not gonna lie

joined Dec 19, 2023

Reversal is awesome

joined Sep 27, 2017
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

Wait does Bocchi wear the tracksuit to hide her body specifically? It's been a minute so my memory is hazy. To my knowledge it's pretty common in anime for it to be the easy choice of lounge wear for lazy characters / shut ins. Looking through things I saw a a Reddit post saying she wears one because of falling down, also a 2016 MAL forum post about Hikkikomori characters wearing tracksuits. Though I'd say aside from Hikkikomori characters you have NEETs. Plus two examples off the top off my head that even came after 2016 are, Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut using a Track Jacket and going bottomless as her choice of lazy gaming wear, and Miyako Hoshino from An Angel Flew Down to Me wears a tracksuit as her at home lounge wear.

Which I mean if people interpret Bocchi as wearing a tracksuit because of dysphoria related reasons fair enough. As I was saying before everyone's interpretation is valid. For me it's a common trope with Japanese media and Bocchi is relatable for everyone with social anxiety and so fourth. I'm not trans myself and I think Bocchi is extremely relatable, and I also think if there's specific elements that trans people find relatable to their experiences that's cool. I think Bocchi being relatable for different people and a variety of different experiences with isolation and alienation is part of why she's a great character.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

And while we're talking about the amazingness of track suits, one should never forget Rin.

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023
Gn8uuylakaa4pvu-orig

That's not butch! She's still clearly feminine (VERY feminine) and you can be both butch and trans fem, for butch think of someone with very short hair and a very masculine dressing style and preferably fat and/or muscular. Now with that image of a masculine lesbian in your head, you are free to imagine a long-haired butch, but this is not it!

This topic has been locked.