Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined May 9, 2017

Satou-san was really cute this chapter, especially when she was pouting. It's so nice to see her falling for Makino.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

I really want Makino to introduce him to Rinarina... I can't imagine our dear scumbag trying to introduce him to a normal person at all, lol

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

LMAO the guy's face at the end
Also yeah he's gonna get introduced to Rinarina, she would have no qualms having to be legally bound to the guy for copious amounts of cash

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 10:15AM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Rinarina is also a lesbian and probably doesn't have problems with cash since she already booked all the ero courses with Maron, right? Feels weird if the author decides to write Rinarina as a willing bachelorette to solve this pickle they created.

joined Oct 9, 2022

No problem sticks around particularly long in this series, so I don't see the fiancee being a problem for much longer. Also thinking it's gonna be Riri, which I know there's logistical issues possibly, but I can imagine that's only gonna make rich boy even more set on trying to win her over.

joined Sep 12, 2023

This could be a conversation between Maron and Makino in the final chapter of this manga (the one where the author drops the moral message).

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, the consequences finally hit. :D

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

No problem sticks around particularly long in this series, so I don't see the fiancee being a problem for much longer. Also thinking it's gonna be Riri, which I know there's logistical issues possibly, but I can imagine that's only gonna make rich boy even more set on trying to win her over.

Agreed. My only issue is that he's not a problem now but is being made into a problem. She could easily just say no, hand him back the card and that would be it. But this should be fun regardless.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Makino you scummy dummy , you can just tell the guy with money to take a hike .( and send the card back)

But where would be the fun in that? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Makino you scummy dummy , you can just tell the guy with money to take a hike .( and send the card back)

But where would be the fun in that? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I mean, she basically just did. He just refuses to do so.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Makino "I don't think..."
The readers: "Yes, we're aware."

I would like to hope that she manges to sicc Rinarina on him, but let's be real: Rinarina probably isn't bi and wouldn't listen to Makino anyway. It's probably gonna be Maron.

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 9:40PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Makino "I don't think..."
The readers: "Yes, we're aware."

I would like to hope that she manges to sicc Rinarina on him, but let's be real: Rinarina probably isn't bi and wouldn't listen to Makino anyway. It's probably gonna be Maron.

Why would she do that and why would Satou agree to that? That would be the same problem. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant? Do you mean Satou is the one who will figure this out and get him to back off?

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 10:36PM

Champion%20einhart%201
joined Oct 6, 2017

I love how every time I start to feel slightly bad for Makino, this lastest chapter always perfectly times a "oh btw she's still scummy remember?"

joined Aug 29, 2019

Why would she do that and why would Satou agree to that? That would be the same problem. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant? Do you mean Satou is the one who will figure this out and get him to back off?

Good questions, but I don't really see who else she could be thinking of, whom she holds in high enough regard.
Maybe that's the problem. As Makino said herself: She don't think.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Good questions, but I don't really see who else she could be thinking of, whom she holds in high enough regard.
Maybe that's the problem. As Makino said herself: She don't think.

Yeah, she'll find someone or they'll find some other way to get this guy to back off but she's definitely not giving up Satou. They want to be together and Satou doesn't even want to touch his money. In this situation, I don't see it as much about her not thinking and it being more about her acquiescing. She should stand her ground (because "we're engaged since I say so," is not an argument) but she's instead going along with stuff again. It should be entertaining regardless.

last edited at Oct 19, 2023 11:27AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

My suspicion was that she'd send Maron (i.e. Satou's alter ego, not as Satou) to wrap him around his finger as a ruse, but the way I remember it Maron doesn't cater to male customers, so idk. Maybe her study mate, but she's also not really that close to our leads and I'm not sure Makino would think of her as funny and cute.
I'm just not sure what it's gonna be.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

My suspicion was that she'd send Maron (i.e. Satou's alter ego, not as Satou) to wrap him around his finger as a ruse, but the way I remember it Maron doesn't cater to male customers, so idk. Maybe her study mate, but she's also not really that close to our leads and I'm not sure Makino would think of her as funny and cute.
I'm just not sure what it's gonna be.

I feel like Makino isn’t clever enough and Satou isn’t emotionally stable enough to successfully execute and get away with such a plan. I personally agree with the people saying it’s going to be Rina, simply because her whole character could be summed up as “Makino+”. She might not be interested in men, but since when has Makino thought that far ahead?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

If it does end up being Rina, then my guess is she'll only humor them bc Makino managed to have Satou ask her for this favor. bc i can't imagine any other way why she'd consider doing so otherwise

joined Apr 10, 2023

God, remember Maron being suicidal and Makino just instantly fixing it by going over to her apartment and offering to be friends. Lol that was by far the biggest nadir of this comic.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Anyway I think the person Makino will introduce to the rich boy will be her own mother. He seems to have a taste for annoying unfiltered women (he liked Makino putting her feet up on the table and picking her nose after all), and who is the one annoying unfiltered woman Makino knows who is straight and clearly values money more than love? That's right, Toxic Mother.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Y'all crazy, it's defo gonna be Study mate, nobody else makes an ounce of sense (even if Rina would be hilarious)

joined Sep 10, 2022

Y'all crazy, it's defo gonna be Study mate, nobody else makes an ounce of sense (even if Rina would be hilarious)

Who is study mate?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Who is study mate?

Hazuki

joined Sep 10, 2022

Who is study mate?

Hazuki

Thanks! I'd forgotten about her.

joined Nov 25, 2020

nothing like being attacked by a crazy lady to help you meet the man of your dreams

To reply you must either login or sign up.