Forum › Fever Retreat discussion

joined Sep 14, 2011

What a breath of fresh air in the genre of unrequited love! Some readers found the other chapter sad, but I think there's little to no sadness or angst in this story. My impression is that the message of the story is that love is not always such a monumental experience and does not always have to be fretted about—or make you depressed, if it is unrequited. Like most everything else, most love will come and go, and in many different shapes and variations!

this is true, however, the scene where Eiko-senpai's hair gets caught on Shina's blouse symbolizes their connection for that brief moment. Where Eiko wishes to stay connected to this one person (Shina), Shina is working to untangle the bond and re-enforce the point that it is only a brief connection because her heart belongs to someone else. What is sad and indicative of the points you are making, is that from the prequel "Love Prep Room," Eiko's feeling toward Shina evolved from nonchalance to longing and possibly jealousy towards Satsuski.

While I too would not tag this as angst, i would tag this as sad because Eiko is trying to gauge Shina's reaction by 1) saying she would cut her hair, 2) by trying to extend the physical connection (i.e. making Okui have a second orgasm), and 3) attempting to embrace and kiss Okui much longer than expected. after each of those instances, go back and look at the expression that is drawn on Eiko's face. Point in case is the last page ( http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fever_retreat#16). On the top panel in the dialog box, Eiko's desire is revealed and in the middle and bottom panels , her disappointment at having their connection severed is shown.

but heck, this is just my interpretation. while for the most part I agree with what you have written, I just argue that there is (if only in this story) a sadness element. angst? no. that could come in yet another follow up story.

What you've stated here is how I was reading the situation. Love evolves, sometimes from places we do not expect. but when it's realized, it can be the greatest high or the greatest hurt. I'm not sure if there's a sequel to this story, but I hope there is. In my little world, the better couple would by Okui and Eiko. Maybe that's because we don't know much about Satsuki..? I'm not sure.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Who should be with Shiina? Eika or Satsuki?

I really want a POV from Shiina's perspective if the author made another sequel. I love the author's artwork but these two one-shots left me very unsatisfied (story wise)....I hate when I have no idea where a couple is going to go! I need closure! CLOSUREEE!!!!!

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

Would anyone want to read a little bit of Eiko-sempai's background story? If there was such a thing, I will even love more this story.

YES!! Totally would; that would make things more interesting, i wonder if the Author will make another sequel to it * ^ *

Let's make a petition to Nanzaki. owo/
xD

I sign!

Lelouch
joined Dec 11, 2013

What a breath of fresh air in the genre of unrequited love! Some readers found the other chapter sad, but I think there's little to no sadness or angst in this story. My impression is that the message of the story is that love is not always such a monumental experience and does not always have to be fretted about—or make you depressed, if it is unrequited. Like most everything else, most love will come and go, and in many different shapes and variations!

this is true, however, the scene where Eiko-senpai's hair gets caught on Shina's blouse symbolizes their connection for that brief moment. Where Eiko wishes to stay connected to this one person (Shina), Shina is working to untangle the bond and re-enforce the point that it is only a brief connection because her heart belongs to someone else. What is sad and indicative of the points you are making, is that from the prequel "Love Prep Room," Eiko's feeling toward Shina evolved from nonchalance to longing and possibly jealousy towards Satsuski.

While I too would not tag this as angst, i would tag this as sad because Eiko is trying to gauge Shina's reaction by 1) saying she would cut her hair, 2) by trying to extend the physical connection (i.e. making Okui have a second orgasm), and 3) attempting to embrace and kiss Okui much longer than expected. after each of those instances, go back and look at the expression that is drawn on Eiko's face. Point in case is the last page ( http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fever_retreat#16). On the top panel in the dialog box, Eiko's desire is revealed and in the middle and bottom panels , her disappointment at having their connection severed is shown.

but heck, this is just my interpretation. while for the most part I agree with what you have written, I just argue that there is (if only in this story) a sadness element. angst? no. that could come in yet another follow up story.

I agree! Your interpretation was much like mine. Eiko clearly loves Okui, but the point is when Okui is made aware of this like we are she keeps stringing Okui along, because she likes things as they are, and the way Eiko expresses her displeasure with the arrangement is subtle, rather than the usual angsty and tear-filled focus of the story.

I suppose because Eiko does not wear her feelings on her sleeve, her subtle way of expressing them are all the more sadder to readers observant enough to spot them.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I suppose because Eiko does not wear her feelings on her sleeve, her subtle way of expressing them are all the more sadder to readers observant enough to spot them.

Quibbling over such fine details... heheheeee
this was kinda fun :-D

so the only question now is if a side-story were written, whom should it be about? Eiko and the development of her feelings toward Shina? Shina and the development of her relationship with Satsuki (rem: they have a hot date after Satsuki's training camp)? Or finally, another side-story complementary to Fever Retreat but from Shinas' POV (point of view)?

oh the possibilities are endless. oh well. it'd be nice if something were done. one can only hope.

joined Mar 30, 2012

Now that there's a sequel to a one-shot, here's to hoping for more.

Eiko_by_komiyo_chan2
joined Sep 15, 2013

Quibbling over such fine details... heheheeee
this was kinda fun :-D

so the only question now is if a side-story were written, whom should it be about? Eiko and the development of her feelings toward Shina? Shina and the development of her relationship with Satsuki (rem: they have a hot date after Satsuki's training camp)? Or finally, another side-story complementary to Fever Retreat but from Shinas' POV (point of view)?

oh the possibilities are endless. oh well. it'd be nice if something were done. one can only hope.

Man.... My imagination went to far reading those possibilities.... And somehow I got excited to read all this possibilites x____x
Let's find Iku-sensei phone number or e-mail! Even official fb or twiiter is good!

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

aaaaaaaangst.... yes please

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

I wish Shiina and her senpai will be together... Senpai... please dont cut your hair.. T___T

joined Aug 12, 2013

THEY MADE A SEQUEL!?!?!?!?! YES!!!!! Wait, the previous one was from 2009. That's a fairly long time to wait to make a sequel.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I'm so glad Nanzaki Iku is still doing yuri all these years later. The introduction of YH Wildrose seems like it was so long ago, and yet this author is still around, still delighting.

joined Jan 5, 2014

THEY MADE A SEQUEL!?!?!?!?! YES!!!!! Wait, the previous one was from 2009. That's a fairly long time to wait to make a sequel.

Aaaaaaah man why the neck did I read it comment. I was really hoping for another one to be released. I wanna die /(>_<)¬

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

wow, that was surprising good. I usually hate love triangles because someone somewhere generally gets hurt, but since this is more about the pseudo-stable state that has developed between the 3 I feel like it was a much more fulfilling story, where the characters come to terms with their feelings (or something of that nature, other people have said evolved, that could be true as well)

I don't know if I would want a side story.... but if there was one I would want it from eiko's point of view (I always seem to relate to the character that is in the most pain, and I do feel like she is in the most pain, she was the protagonist for the sequel and you see her starting to take her love for shina more seriously). I would actually prefer more installments in the story, and not necessarily "conclusive" installments, because I think Nanzaki demonstrated that sequels don't have to be conclusive to be enjoyable or impactful

although if I am waiting for 4 years I could be here a while.... oh well

last edited at Aug 23, 2014 8:13PM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Aaaaaaah man why the neck did I read it comment. I was really hoping for another one to be released. I wanna die /(>_<)¬

Same. Guess the next "sequel" (hopefully) would come out in like 5yrs?

joined Aug 21, 2014

I miss Nanzaki Iku's works so much that I came back to re-read this again and again. Years after I first read it.

MOAAAAAAR UGH. Poor Eiko. She has her body, but not her heart. Shiiiiiiiit. So close yet so far. Senpai you can have all of me. ;0

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This is one of my fav doujin. Nanzaki Iku's art is so PRO. I wish we could get a sequel from this in the future, there is so much angst and potential here. Also art senpai is very cool

joined Mar 25, 2013

There are still 2 untranslated ones that are in the 'Sweet Little Devil' collection, hoping we can get those at some time.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I have seen them somewhere too but can't remember where :/ They were untranslated and it was about the Sweet Little Devil couple.

It was in the future and the blonde had cut her hair short like her mother's. They were still together, probably college or post college time

joined Jan 2, 2016

i wish there were more chapter coming for this. i really want okui ti fall for eiko. they are so sexy together.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I enjoy this even more than Sweet Little Devil because it hurts so much but in a good way. Still rooting for Sempai even if there's never gonna be a continuation for this.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Damn, i shouldn't have read this one. Now i wish i could read the next chapter. Thanks to that Sweet Little Devil thread bump, i discovered that i've only read that one from Nanzaki Iku and that i haven't anything else from her. Too bad i picked this one up and now i can't finish it ╥﹏╥

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Why do I find their wrists wearing watches incredibly anachronistically sexy?

joined Feb 10, 2022

I prefer Eiko and Shiina together. Well we have never seen anything about Satsuki's feelings that's why. Senpai clearly loves Shiina tho idk if Shiina is aware of it. It's been almost 9 years... I assumed this didn't get a third chapter, am I right?
Btw somehow I like the panel where senpai is licking her fingers covered in Shiina's nectar:) At also Shiina's reaction

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 6:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.