Forum › Midnight Gravity discussion

06198ea848e13a290fe7a6a3314d5a8c
joined Feb 1, 2013

This is the 3rd or 4th time I read this... And it's still really great, I love it :3

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not a fan of angst, but this was pretty good.

1601250_616972315022934_29970074_n
joined Dec 30, 2013

Re-reading this over again makes my heart wrench. :I

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I enjoy this one, but I get the weird feeling that they didn't really address what was the real issue, Sayumi's insecurity about Jun's feelings which came out in unhealthy ways. It's like the conversation missed the mark by just a bit, but then they acted as if it were properly resolved. It's a weird feeling, reading this.

joined Apr 20, 2013

It's a weird feeling, reading this.

Exactly! ^

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To be honest, I don't see what's so cute or fluffy about this. This a classic case of an abusive relationship (so much that if Sayumi were a man, this would've ended with Jun's funeral) and the both of them need help.

joined Aug 1, 2013

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm not liking the possessiveness and the trust issues, and I don't find the ending to be a resolution to this problem either. Unhealthy relationship in my opinion

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Um....It's cute that they made up, but I wish the author explained why Sayumi is so possessive? The story just ended with Jun probably still having to come home early for Sayumi which solves nothING.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

P. 15 & 16 give me more than enough information to interpret what's going on, would like to have seen more if the author didn't got bored after the first half and decided to just finish it on a high note.

joined Sep 15, 2014

thats an abusive relationship.. theirs nothing cute or fluffy about it. if they were actually people the behavior from sayumi would never stop and the aggression would get worse. like didnt sayumi hit her in this chapter???

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Bruh. What happened? They've been together since high school, so I take it that this is a relationship that is at least a few years old. Was there some sort of trigger that caused this? I speak from a personal experience in saying that sometimes things like these don't have an exact trigger, but it usually has some sort of building up to---it'd be nice if this was more of a series rather than a quick one-shot that ended prematurely. For all we know, their relationship is still on the rocks and things might have escalated. Sayumi and Jun definitely need help.

last edited at Oct 4, 2014 4:42PM

Jpeg_20181005_095801%20(1)
joined Apr 8, 2014

I kind of dislike sayumi here because of her possessiveness towards jun. their relationship is unhealthy. Trust issues is first on the list of problems that the one party has. Second, the second party spoils the other that makes her so dependant to her. yeah, I don't see the ending as a good solution, so jun still has to follow the curfew?! Lol! The other needs to grow up! sayumi might not think she's controlling but she is. I feel sorry for jun, but she loves her so I can't argue with that haha. Fluff does not exist here also. The art tho is good!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Nahhh...I can't like this type of relationship...it's possesive and unhealthy.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I know I might be pressing my own views on the post-story but I feel like they must have probably talked things over after Jun finally snapped.. and after going home I'd hope. Neither really voiced their concerns about the other, Sayumi never explained why she was feeling so anxious and possessive, and Jun never told Sayumi that her neediness was causing her problems and a huge strain on their relationship. So, although the problem may have started with Sayumi (that we can tell from the given story) they both needed to put more forward instead of letting things go on to the breaking point. Talking can be a step forward if you put in the effort! I know that's not always the case, but in this scenario it would have been.

joined Mar 30, 2012

It felt awkward to me too how the trust issue and all their problems was simply delayed and we're left to imagine that they somehow solved it all after.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I think people have missed that it's obvious the abusive aspect of the relationship would not have continued following this, just because it wasn't shown to us that it had because of where it ended. The trust issue, I believe, came from Sayumi being insecure regarding the sincerity of Jun's love, stemming from being repeatedly shot down in high school, which was solved following the scene in the park. Would have been nice to see how the relationship had become healthier, but oh well. What we had was nice, and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

I giggled at the bit about the relationship beginning anew as I was listening to 'Wheel of Time', and it just got to the 'keeps on spinning, there's no beginning' part, so you know, ha, slight relevance to each other. I have low standards for comedy (why I've never said a funny thing ever). I once laughed at a Frankie Boyle joke as proof.

Ss%20(2015-04-13%20at%2009.21.14)
joined May 4, 2015

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm not liking the possessiveness and the trust issues, and I don't find the ending to be a resolution to this problem either. Unhealthy relationship in my opinion
I agree.

joined Aug 10, 2015

Well...i guess, Sayumi is just that possesive, because she thinks that Jun doesn't really Love her? I mean, Sayumi needed to ask her out all the time, so that Sayumi maybe feeled like Jun was just being with her, because she's feeling pity? Or that she d0esn't really Love her but said yes anyway, so that she would stop being so annoying? Either way, i just think Sayumi was really insecure and Maybe had a dark past...i dunno, but really loved it, though i'm not a fan of angst and abandoned issues.

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

my yandere detector is beeping like hell in this one.... I just can see Sayumi doing something really dangerous on a whim :/

joined May 17, 2016

Well that was a blast from the past lol I'm going to try and remember that

C29f727d816b87c23ddab923495e135f241f8f99_hq
joined Apr 9, 2016

This explains how my first lesbian relationship was, ahhhh brings back memories, glad I got away from her

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Roommates unfitting here because they're already a couple at the beginning.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

Really like this story. Realistically speaking, a relationship like that doesnt work, but this isn't reality. Its an idea, a beautiful idea. Shes so in love that she cant trust her but desires her and that is justified. You cant trust ANYONE in life, and the way she was being shot down every time? Who wouldn't be insecure about a relationship that took hundreds of tries to get flying. But she loves her so much thst she doesn't want anything to happen, and as we all know humans are unpredictable creatures. Liars by nature. A clingy gf is a true gf

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

-Sayumi was rejected by Jun so much, it's developed a huge insecurity even if they've been together for a while.
-Sayumi and Jun suddenly have wildly different schedules and lives. Jun, at no fault of her own, is always coming home late because of college. Sayumi's insecurity becomes triggered by Jun's increasing absence and it manifests in toxic ways.
-They do resolve it at the end when Jun affirms her feelings for Sayumi.

I still don't really think it's cute or fluffy. It shouldn't be the victim's burden to appease the abuser (Sayumi). Everything she's been doing, from the moment she asked Jun out obsessively to controlling Jun's looks and schedule to angrily slamming her into the ground--we would have hated to see a man do that to a woman.

joined Nov 23, 2018

It reminds me of BPD traits. It is good to see (the possibility of) a personality disorder being portraited in a manga, even when it is not the author's intention towards the character issues. I am sad they problems weren't resolved, and they end up going back to the start though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.