Forum › Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

"Can you help me take off my underwear?"

This request is so obvious that even Liao Liao would get it.. right?

She overheated so she definitely got it.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Basketball-kun was a goddamn hero for giving us these interactions

inb4 the reveal that that high-schooler was actually on Pei Yu's payroll.

Pei-roll? ...I'll see myself out.

joined May 10, 2021

Welp, I'd say Pei Yu's offensive was pretty effective!

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

Damn, that is a real series of unfortunate coincidences. Good thing it's all just water under the bridge now.

joined May 10, 2021

Man, the height-gap between the two sides characters hits hard, I love it!
also Pei You stealing a sleeping kiss was nice as heck, despite the sad backstory/flashback

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 6:24PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Evil anti-wingman cat ruins everything.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is definitely at the silly end of the reasons-for-disappearing-with-no-contact scale. Honestly, cell phones make that whole schtick really hard to do without stretching the sense of reality to the snapping point.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

"I panicked and didn't know what to do till it was too late and I was on the plane and then worries grew on their own I'm sorry" On top of the "Mom got super-flu and only Americans and their super medicine could cure her" and you don't have to make stupid coincident after coincident backstory. People make mistakes, especially when it comes to people they care about, since some of us like to overthink things.
This chapter was ass in general. The convoluted backstory was eh and then you have Pei Yu stealing a kiss when the other person is sleeping. And I get it, it has its time and place sometimes, generally if you want to have a sleeping kiss I'd rather it be on the forehead or cheek or something like that. But it's extra lame-sauce considering Pei Yu's been acting a little bit like a stalker for the better length of the story.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Is it bad that I am more invested in the short-haired girl pursuit of the tall model at this point than in the main characters?

joined May 10, 2021

Ren Xing who?
I swear I get lost so easily with names when I read Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese stuff..

joined Nov 21, 2022

Ren Xing who?
I swear I get lost so easily with names when I read Chinese/Korean/Taiwanese stuff..

Me too. I said same thing.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 9:27AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I thought I missed a chapter. We really just jumped from one point to the other. Did we get introduced to this Gu Yi character before? And I don't just mean her being somewhere in the background or whatever.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Ren Xing who?

She's Liao's good friend who went to college with her and is the Idol. Short black hair and is going after the model at the moment. People thought they were dating in college because they hung out so much.

I thought I missed a chapter. We really just jumped from one point to the other. Did we get introduced to this Gu Yi character before? And I don't just mean her being somewhere in the background or whatever.

She was the previous boss. We saw her earlier at the dinner for Pei's arrival. She has things to say then. She was known to be a bit mean (or fixated) on Liao. Now we know why, I guess. Seems she bought those rumors that Ren and Liao were an item during college. Or Ren actually did like Liao back then but doesn't anymore. Either way it seems Gu swallowed her feelings during college because of this and regrets it.

last edited at Apr 19, 2023 10:44AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Blimey, these gals are drawn with such fashion! That tube top with a jacket takes me back.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's stalker smashing time.

Also,she's going to fall for those aggressive advances eventually,considering the shrinking heart she's got.

joined May 10, 2021

Ren Xing who?

She's Liao's good friend who went to college with her and is the Idol. Short black hair and is going after the model at the moment. People thought they were dating in college because they hung out so much.

She was the previous boss. We saw her earlier at the dinner for Pei's arrival. She has things to say then. She was known to be a bit mean (or fixated) on Liao. Now we know why, I guess. Seems she bought those rumors that Ren and Liao were an item during college. Or Ren actually did like Liao back then but doesn't anymore. Either way it seems Gu swallowed her feelings during college because of this and regrets it.

Thanks for all the clarification buddy!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Thanks, as charming as some of the art in this is, I didn't feel the urge to go through it again just to see if this character had in fact appeared before.

Also, it's rare for a story to get bored of its main couple and just focus on something else. I'm sure it'll tie together somehow. Or not. But I'm game for this subplot since Liaoliao and Pei Yu are just chilling at the moment.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 8:47AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Also, it's rare for a story to get bored of its main couple and just focus on something else. I'm sure it'll tie together somehow. Or not. But I'm game for this subplot since Liaoliao and Pei Yu are just chilling at the moment.

I actually find that a lot of these Korean and Chinese stories tend to have at least 2 pairs of "main" couples that are developed over time (ex. "My Food is Very Cute Today," many more but I realize it'll be too much to list). I wouldn't say they're getting bored, it seems purposeful and planned. So many series have done it that I assume the audience just likes the variety of stories. I tend to like it myself and have also come to expect it. You can often tell pretty early. It's actually rare that I find a series that doesn't have at least 2 pairs that are developed at different times (and often concurrently). It's like an A plot and B plot.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 11:12AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I actually find that a lot of these Korean and Chinese stories tend to have at least 2 pairs of "main" couples that are developed over time (ex. "My Food is Very Cute Today," many more but I realize it'll be too much to list). I wouldn't say they're getting bored, it seems purposeful and planned. So many series have done it that I assume the audience just likes the variety of stories. I tend to like it myself and have also come to expect it. You can often tell pretty early. It's actually rare that I find a series that doesn't have at least 2 pairs that are developed at different times (and often concurrently). It's like an A plot and B plot.

No worries, I get that. It was just my way of saying that the "title couple" (since we have multiple main couples now) isn't really doing anything right now. Anything fun, at least. For the time being the plot is being brushed to the side to grow in the background, and their relationship isn't exactly either spicy or wholesome. It's just there. Hence why I said that the other main couple is that much more fun to follow.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That was a pretty dark turn of events.

joined May 10, 2021

^ I sure wasn't prepare for that.
But hey, height-gap ship is back under the spotlight (and they'll hopefully have more development than the main ship).

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

height-gap ship

...is justice.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's stalker smashing time.

Also,she's going to fall for those aggressive advances eventually,considering the shrinking heart she's got.

Damn,definitely time to crack a skull or several.

And agressively too.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I like relationship A's plot a lot but for some reason I can't bring myself to care about this random relationship B plot that kinda got pushed to the frontline

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"How did you know my address"

Is it bad that my first instinct was that she was the one who delivered the box?

To reply you must either login or sign up.