Forum › Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai discussion

joined May 10, 2021

^
Well shit, that's some nice analysis (how the heck did I miss all those ghost's appearances..)
I must say, I agree with you on a lot of things. And whilst I doubt the third ghost is the same person Okiku loved back then (hair colour behind different), I'm fairly sure they're connected somehow.
Anyways, I'm loving the mystery/drama bits alongside the comedy/lewd bits.
Thanks for the translation!

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

and we're back!~ I'm glad it's been picked up again [^-^]

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very nice. ^_^

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 5:29AM

joined Dec 18, 2016

after a year

joined Sep 28, 2017

Yay finally a new chapter! This is getting interesting and sexy too!

joined Mar 31, 2017

The spooky window ghost has been in every single chapter, no exceptions.

joined Jun 11, 2016

so I'm super curious about the story behind the last ghost and had to google it. But apparently, unlike Oiwa and Okiku, her story doesn't contain any backstory about her at all. Which means it's all up to the author now, which is kinda exciting.

Edit: a detail that I find kinda important to point out is that the 3rd ghost story has not one, but 2 women. One is the actual ghost that the story is about, and the other one is the ghost's servant. So why do we only see one ghost every chapter?

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 1:11PM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

so I'm super curious about the story behind the last ghost and had to google it. But apparently, unlike Oiwa and Okiku, her story doesn't contain any backstory about her at all. Which means it's all up to the author now, which is kinda exciting.

Edit: a detail that I find kinda important to point out is that the 3rd ghost story has not one, but 2 women. One is the actual ghost that the story is about, and the other one is the ghost's servant. So why do we only see one ghost every chapter?

If it's Otsuyu, she does have backstory. And if she's somehow connected to the childhood friend (not at all a sure thing), that friend's affection might be dangerous. I assume the friend is caught up with something, even if it's not Otsuyu.

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 1:27PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Psst, Okiku... don't look now, but... right there... two feet behind you...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

where is she in chapter 3? That was the only one where I couldn’t spot her.

I’ll think I’ll update my rant with the actual images instead of links, so i’d appreciate if someone could tell me if i missed anything

^
Well shit, that's some nice analysis (how the heck did I miss all those ghost's appearances..)

Imma be real, chief. I only noticed it while re-reading since it’s been a year. I remember people pointing there was a “creepy ghost at the window” in one of two chapters, but to find out she’s been there THIS WHOLE TIME, even in flashbacks, is disturbing — and tells us the author is definitely planning something.

If it's Otsuyu, she does have backstory. And if she's somehow connected to the childhood friend (not at all a sure thing), that friend's affection might be dangerous. I assume the friend is caught up with something, even if it's not Otsuyu.

I mean, it might not be 100% confirmed, but her shadow being the ghost at the end of chapter 5 (present days) and her reflection back then being right in front of the ghost, Meguru is either guilty from the start or became a target that surely will be used by the third ghost the moment she got close to Ryou.

Also, please tell us the backstory, idk if the sources I found where correct.

Wikipedia straight up says

“Botan Dōrō (牡丹燈籠, The Peony Lantern) is a Japanese ghost story (kaidan) and one of the most famous kaidan in Japan. The plot involves sex with the dead and the consequences of loving a ghost.”

and damn that synopsis is TOO connected to the MCs (if this is the story in question, then what happens with the protagonists will probably be a parallel somehow??)

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 3:31PM

joined Mar 31, 2017

On page i-069.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Good Ghost Okiku, saving the yuri couple from the ghost

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

On page i-069.

Thank you! I updated it and added some other things
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/19848-okiku-san-wa-ichatsukitai-discussion?page=9#forum_post_847785

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I can't wait for the next chapter, where I've heard Luigi Mario from the hit series Luigi's Mansion will appear to help our friend Ryouyo fight the ghosts with his special Poltergust 10000000000000!!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I just read chapter 7 (already on MDex) and now I really want to know more about the third ghost so I can confirm my theories (that if it's really her and not an altered version of the story by the author)

Good Ghost Okiku, saving the yuri couple from the ghost

The phantom of Yuri

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 7:12PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

just read chapter 7 (already on MDex) and now I really want to know more about the third ghost so I can confirm my theories (that if it's really her and not an altered version of the story by the author)

I feel like the author is combining Okiku with Otusyu or mixing them in some way. I'm not sure how yet (a lot of possibilities) but the relationship between Okiku and the priestess has always closely resembled what you'd expect from an Otsuyu story. I don't think that's an accident.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 7:56PM

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

Ever since that 3rd chapter jumpscare every time there's a large panel of a character's face I have to brace for impact going to the next page. Never expected a manga like this to be the one to successfully scare me lol.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Okiku us really flipping rude with all that casual destruction of Ryous stuff

My guess here is that all the talk of love will make Ryou reminisce more about her friend and want to make amends

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, that's where the third ghost is

%e1%a8%b3%20%e9%ba%b7%e2%ad%8f%20icon%20%db%ab%db%ab%e2%9c%a7%20(1)
joined Jan 6, 2021

This Yuri scares me a lot

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Such a nice chapter, and then suddenly a turn for the scary...

Also, ghost sighting for this chapter.

last edited at Apr 9, 2023 10:17AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I think someone pointed out on MDex, but it looks like this 3rd ghost is powerful enough to possibly be able to possess Okiku — another powerful ghost. The resentment doesn’t really feel as if comes from Okiku’s past — why would it? She just confessed, Ryou obviously loves her back and she knows… She’d be happy, fulfilled. The one who would be pissed after such statement and the possibility of them achieving happiness would be Otsuyu. Ryou is probably the reincarnation of someone related to the third ghost’s death and that’s why she took over Okiku and said all that. Specially because this happened right after Ryou thought of the possibility of she in fact reciprocating Okiku’s feelings — the third ghost answered with “I will not allow it”, the it being “you to be happy with a reciprocated love”

Also, if this ghost is truly powerful enough to take over Okiku, the fact that she’s been around all this time, could probably mean that the Chapter 3 jumpscare was another instance of her manifesting herself through another ghost.

Finally, Oiwa knew something would happen. She was probably at the door. And what she saw last chapter was probably this third ghost using Okiku to pose as a threat to Ryou.

just read chapter 7 (already on MDex) and now I really want to know more about the third ghost so I can confirm my theories (that if it's really her and not an altered version of the story by the author)

I feel like the author is combining Okiku with Otusyu or mixing them in some way. I'm not sure how yet (a lot of possibilities) but the relationship between Okiku and the priestess has always closely resembled what you'd expect from an Otsuyu story. I don't think that's an accident.

True! And this chapter’s emphasis on the fact that Ryou could be falling in love with a ghost… next thing you know they’ll be having s*x and then this will just be a modern version of Otsuyu’s tale.

————————————
And here is a brief tangent, but the shading here is incredible and too sexy for what is supposed to be a scary af scene.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hey Alexa play "having sex with a ghost"
Also the dark ghost they're looking for I wonder if she's actually just her alt personality caused by the trauma she faced when she was alive.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I don't think Okiku is the endgame

So far every intimate scene with her has either resultet in a scare or Ryou thinking of her alive crush. I think The end of Okikus arc will be her passing on (or attaching herself to the childhood friend)

joined Sep 10, 2022

I don't think Okiku is the endgame

So far every intimate scene with her has either resultet in a scare or Ryou thinking of her alive crush. I think The end of Okikus arc will be her passing on (or attaching herself to the childhood friend)

Possible but this memory of her friend was more about showing that her feelings for Okiku are equivalent to how she felt about her friend back then. This wasn't a reminiscing more than it was a positive comparison for Okiku. She always knew she loved her friend back then but she hadn't accepted those feelings for Okiku. That memory is showing that Okiku has reached that level and it is actual love. It would be different if she tried denied her feelings for Okiku by remembering her friend and feeling guilty but that didn't happen. Her only other love to compare to will be with her friend, so it's natural that she remembers (and compares/contrasts) those moments when she thinks of her potential love for Okiku.

last edited at Apr 9, 2023 4:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.