Forum › Citrus discussion

Gamercat_icon17
joined Feb 7, 2013

Aaaaaahhh! my heart is breaking!!!

joined Jun 14, 2013

Holy shit this has got to be the worst chapter that has come out. Seriously, i'm so disappointed with the art and "plot". LIke what the fuck is wrong with the author or team that made that shit? They need some fucking practice, need to take time reading real fucking yuri, or at least read these fucking comments to see what we yuri fans like. But no, it's like they give no fucks and don't even try. And after what seems like ages, they put out just GARBAGE. They need to stop this shit and take a new turn or they're just a disgrace from yuri genre. Goddamn how frustrating. All I want is some well written yuri. Is that so much to ask for? Jesus fucking Christ. Just dumb cause now I have to wait soo long for another chapter that may be worse or just little better. How can they do this to us? I'd donate money if that'd mean writers would start putting out better written shit. Fuck.

joined Sep 16, 2014

I find myself cheering for the side characters so much more than the mains
HaruminXMatsuri
Straightforward and savvy Harumin, and Matsuri trying to sink her ship would be endlessly entertaining

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

Oh crap. It definitely is the worst chapter of Citrus. Saburouta, DON'T. PLS, NO MORE.

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 8:01AM

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

It's like a sappy Spanish soap opera from the 90's.

I don't think this is going to get any progress until the last chapter... whenever that is...

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 8:04AM

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

I don't care what happens anymore..!! It is okay for me even though Yuzu ends up with Harumin..!! And I will be happy if on the upcoming part Mei is the one chasing Yuzu instead of Yuzu chasing after Mei..

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 8:28AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I agree. We didn't see Mei accepting Sara's confession. Also, I am not sure if YP translated correctly when Yuzu wished to talk to Mei the first time - "I love you... disregarding we are sisters, disregarding we are a family..." I think this was translated wrongly. It feels as if Yuzu wants to tell Mei she loves her romantically. Shouldn't it be Mei thought Yuzu only love her as a sister and hence Mei doesn't want to listen any more.

Maybe, though I think she stopped Yuzu's confession because Sara already confessed her love for her and she allegedly accepted it, therefore she stopped her to make sure that Yuzu's sure that she still wants to say it (even if Mei is already going out with someone).

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Holy shit this has got to be the worst chapter that has come out. Seriously, i'm so disappointed with the art and "plot". LIke what the fuck is wrong with the author or team that made that shit? They need some fucking practice, need to take time reading real fucking yuri, or at least read these fucking comments to see what we yuri fans like. But no, it's like they give no fucks and don't even try. And after what seems like ages, they put out just GARBAGE. They need to stop this shit and take a new turn or they're just a disgrace from yuri genre. Goddamn how frustrating. All I want is some well written yuri. Is that so much to ask for? Jesus fucking Christ. Just dumb cause now I have to wait soo long for another chapter that may be worse or just little better. How can they do this to us? I'd donate money if that'd mean writers would start putting out better written shit. Fuck.

OH NOES WAT DO I DOOOOO!!! SOMEONE PWEEZE HELP MEEEE!!!! MY YURI ISN'T YURING ENOUGH!!!! Otsu Hiyori, Morinaga Milk, Amano Shuninta, Morishima Akiko, and Takemiya Jin!! COME SAVE ME WITH YOUR YURINESSES!!!! - That aside....

You know, you could just... not read Yuri anymore. That'd save the rest of us from having to read your useless, annoying, immature post. No, make that posts. Looking at your posting history, I can easily see that it has a lot of "fuck this" in it. Nothing constructive, or praise worthy and instead you are constantly insulting the authors. Granted, many of us have been disappointed with authors and stories and the like but, I don't remember seeing a lot of posts like yours. Honestly, if none of the stories you read here satisfy you enough to write something positive or to take part in a debate in a positive or constructing manner, then please leave and never come back. Your attitude and posting habits are wholly unwarranted here.

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Oh my Glob!!! I've waited for months and this is what I get? Gaah so frustrating and I have to wait for another 2 months or so for the next update? Oh my...man, poor Yuzu. Poor Nina too. Well I really hope Mei didn't accept the confession but I can't think of a reason why she would lie about it.. Aaaaahh!!! 2 months is too long TT_TT

joined Jan 5, 2015

Um, so, you're telling me that if Yuzu hadn't slapped Mei a few chapters back, this whole thing would be over already?
And wtf is with kids nowadays, can't they just fuck already?

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Oh my Glob!!! I've waited for months and this is what I get? Gaah so frustrating and I have to wait for another 2 months or so for the next update? Oh my...man, poor Yuzu. Poor Nina too. Well I really hope Mei didn't accept the confession but I can't think of a reason why she would lie about it.. Aaaaahh!!! 2 months is too long TT_TT

No i think raw for next chapter will be release this month since its a monthly update.... if i'm not mistaken. So we will see what will happen next soon but i guess we will wait for the next translation for it. why poor Nina? I think her sister Sara will be the one that will be hurt the most if Mei really go out with her.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I know she's getting shit for not coming right out with her feelings, but I think Yuzu was working up to it in a pretty sweet way. And she's expressed an interest in Mei before and been led on and then knocked back, sometimes rather cruelly so, so I can understand some hesitancy. Something that did occurr to me while reading that scene again was that since Yuzu led with talking about family and how much she cared for her as a sister (and more, clearly.), maybe Mei was reminded of the fact that they're family and how good Yuzu has been to her and was afraid to jeopardise that relationship she's obviously come to rely on, since Yuzu rejected her romantic advances. I think I'm possibly giving Saburouta too much credit here though. It would have meant a lot to see Mei's expression, but I suppose there's a reason it wasn't shown. If anything I think we should admire Yuzu's resilience considering Mei has done pretty much nothing but play mind-games with her from day one and used her as an emotional crutch.

Honestly, I think Mei is a train-wreck and Yuzu is better off as far away from her as possible, but she likes Mei and I like Yuzu, so :( If this is setting the pattern for the rest of their relationship though, where Yuzu constantly runs after Mei who pretty much treats her like shit then I think that seems really depressing.

Also, seriously. I admire your optimism, but it's pretty obvious that those pages are just sketches because they weren't finished. Saburuto hasn't displayed that level of subtlety before and I doubt he's about to start now.

joined Mar 1, 2015

I don't care what happens anymore..!! It is okay for me even though Yuzu ends up with Harumin..!! And I will be happy if on the upcoming part Mei is the one chasing Yuzu instead of Yuzu chasing after Mei..

What the fuck wih Mai, I don't care with her.. Yuzu, Harumin with you LoL XD shit Heart attackkk

joined Mar 1, 2015

Holy shoot with this chapter? Are you fuck kidding me Mei? huh this is WHY Im not interest with drama like a ball y'know? But cute at pannels Mei Love Lesson wohohooo

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

Wow, i can't believe this... It's like fanfiction, this is not supposed to be publish level, right?? This development was... weak and so formular ;-; we see this all the time in so-so fanfiction...
Or the author has more in store for us??
Man, I'll be waiting for more!

joined Mar 1, 2015

I feel that Sara's little sister has a thing for her that's why she went that far to make sure that her sister will confess to Mei even though she heard Mei and Yuzu talk.... i guess I'm reading too much in her action ahaha. Anyway i think the best part in citrus is reading everyone's reaction in this forum :)

I'M agree with you wahhaha

joined Apr 26, 2014

I feel like mei feels like she so damn important . .pfftt . . .whatever . . .shes not even reaching out like yuzu does to her . . She expects yuzu to do everything in whatever they have going on . . Like really?? . . .shes so high up in that damn pedestal she needs to come back down to earth . .

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Okay, I'm extremely disappointed in this chapter. My initial reaction to this was WTF OMG WHY?? Then I gave myself a few minutes to think about it. In some messed up way Mei needs more validation from Yuzu. This would be the way to do it. She asked the other girl "do you need me?" and without a thought the other girl replied. Yuzu shows her feelings but even they are kind of hot and cold. This other girl without restraint confessed to Mei. Mei probably doesn't really have true feelings for this girl, she's using her to show Yuzu that someone else was able to truly show her how she feels. Maybe this will give Yuzu enough push to force her to say "Mei I love you, not only as a sister but a lover. I need you by my side." I think that's what Mei wants to hear. I think her screwed up way she is playing games again to force Yuzu to express herself without restraint. That's just my opinion though. Which, I don't know that will happen. Yuzu is a hesitant character that slowly processes stuff, I think we don't give her enough credit it. I actually think both her and Mei are really complex characters. At the same time, i'm fully aware of how immature both of them are. They are teens, I have this feeling that Yuzu will be crushed and decided to possibly make Mei Jealous back.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Yuzu should just go out with Harumin. Mei is just.....ugh.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Harumin is best girl, but I like the novelty so far of an MC whose best friend is just a total bro (sis?) and not being nice in a roundabout attempt to get into her pants. (nice 'girl', I suppose.) And aside from that special conversation where Matsuri was trolling her, I don't think Harumin has really shown any romantic interest in Yuzu so far.

I think I'd prefer Matsuri to get all up in that, actually. She puts the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Horriblesubs-saki-the-nationals-02-720p-mkv_snapshot_03-24_2014-01-14_21-55-32_thumb
joined Apr 30, 2014

One thing I noticed in this entire series..... Mei's ears isn't blushing at Sara's confession, if all of you noticed in the previous chapters when Mei's heartbeat is beating fast or rather when she's blushing it's not her face.... It's her ears. Still don't know what she's thinking when she accepted though, but one thing I'm sure of is that it didn't make her heart flutter.

Sc
joined Dec 23, 2014

pisteng animal kurikong yawa... NoOOooo...!! whyyyy??? whyyyy??? TT______TT

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Okay I'll go cheer for Harumin more! :D

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

At this point I'm only reading it to see how much of a clusterfuck it manages to become.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

After reading the last few chapters again, I think the main issue is that they just aren't on the same level emotionally yet. Yuzu is struggling with her emotions. I think she does accept her feelings for Mei, but is having a hard time trying articulating them properly. Also I think while she would like to be intimate with Mei she is afraid. Not just of betraying her role as a sister, but also she doesn't want to feel like she is just using Mei to sate her desire. Since for Yuzu I feel she wants to connect with Mei and not just use her as an object like that teacher did. The problem is Mei is so guarded, aloof, and casually about intimacy it is just twisting Yuzu up inside. She seems so desperate to connect with Mei, but she panics and trips over her words when Mei doesn't react.

As for Mei since we are meant to follow Yuzu we are also in dark about a lot of what Mei's actions and words mean. Unlike a lot of people I don't see malice in Mei's action here. It's building towards something. Frankly I think Mei is just confused about how Yuzu feels. Mei was more than willing to offer herself up to Yuzu at Christmas, but was pushed away. I think Mei is having a hard time trying grasp that Yuzu needs more from her than just her body. I do think in her own way Mei was being kind. I think she is having a hard grasping that while Yuzu does desire her, it is more than just a physical attraction. I may be wrong but I think she has a hard time believing that someone could be that in love with her. Since all the other in her that have "loved" were either using her or gone about it in superficial way.

Now I could easily be proven wrong with the next chapter, but I think Sara's confession made Mei realize something. Which is why I think she had that slight smile on the two-page spread. Mei asked Sara if she needed her and I think Mei finally got it. Love is about depending on one another, caring for another person, and just basically trusting each other. i feel it all fell into place for her at that point.

As for the last page, I think Mei is playing at something here. I am not sure what. Maybe she feels she is broken and wants to spare Yuzu. Or she is testing Yuzu to see if this what she really wants. There is something going on since I doubt Mei would just fool around with Sara. It is going to be a long wait for the next chapter, but I think this volume will end up bearing fruit.

Excellent analysis, you're on the right track. Everything is building towards something.

You're definitely on the right track. Mei doesn't actually consciously know what love is; if we look back to the first few chapters, we remember she was just sexually used, and when in a desperate situation tried to sexually use Yuzu.

However I think Yuzu is only struggling with her ability to connect her feelings with Mei and her broken view of romantic love...see I think Yuzu knows exactly what she feels and exactly how she feels, and her struggle is not with her emotions but with her ability to just communicate her feelings to Mei (although after this alleged acceptance of Sara's confession, I think Yuzu is going to be beyond hurt for the next bit). Ultimately romance is NOT about sex so much as spiritual and physical connection, among lots of other things (but when all the other things are in place, boy is the sex good; it just can't come first).

The issue is that I'm trying to find a way to see Sara as a necessary character to this realization of Mei's, because Yuzu has MORE than proven her want and dependence for/on Mei, especially considering how consistent Mei has been in pushing her away. We shall see, I suppose. But all the same I completely agree that Mei probably is playing at something. Mei is not stupid, and all the things that Yuzu has done for her, she is more than aware of. When Yuzu helped her with her issue with the teacher, when Yuzu helped her reconnect with her dad finally and learn to strive for her own goal, when Yuzu decided to put being family for Mei above a girlfriend at the grave because that's what she saw Mei needed, when Yuzu worked hard to get into the top 100 even with Mei's harsh rejection, when Yuzu helped Mei with her Matsuri trap - I guarantee you Mei has recognized all of it, so I doubt she would play such a cruel card right on Yuzu's face.

The thing I keep remembering is how Mei remembered Yuzu's attempted confession when Sara confessed...that's gotta mean something, I just don't know what.

Also, excellent fruit pun. I'm sad no one else is noticing it :(

I feel that Sara's little sister has a thing for her that's why she went that far to make sure that her sister will confess to Mei even though she heard Mei and Yuzu talk.... i guess I'm reading too much in her action ahaha. Anyway i think the best part in citrus is reading everyone's reaction in this forum :)

Nina definitely has feelings for Sara, but she is toying the line between love guru and heartbreaker, and something's gonna go wrong for her if she keeps her own heart bottled up one way or another.

This is what happens every drama that is released episode/chapter by episode/chapter. The thing people tend to forget is what would happen if you could marathon the entire thing in one go...anything with angst is supposed to give you that angsty feeling and suck you in to see its resolution. And dear god, if the resolution is good, it is REAL good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.