Forum › Citrus discussion

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

on one side, Mei got Yuzu who has showed nothing but love and support and fix everything wrong with her
on the other side, a perfect stranger who came from nowhere in the middle of nowhere, and she's fucking accepted her confession?
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? MEI YOU STUPID GIRL. somebody (himeko or harumin, or whoever) please smack some fuckin sense into this delusional spoiled ojou-sama.
I'm really hoping this is just a trick from Mei to get the confession out of yuzu, but seeing Yuzu's reaction and personality, i think she's gonna stop coz she thinks Mei's gonna be happy with the girl. Damn, Mei, screwing up things since the beginning of the series

joined Jan 8, 2014

readys armor ok now to browse the comments from todays ch...lol, its citrus so people will for sure be up in arms about this ch...

joined Jan 8, 2014

It is going so slowly, we are approaching a first proper date like the event horizon of a black hole, losing all sense of time as gravity increases to incomprehensible levels, the second hand on our watches freezing.

Lol, love the metaphor! Right on point, ;D

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

Petition that Yuzu ends up with Harumin instead of Mei because honest to god, I am fed up with Mei's shit.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡 ¡ʇıuɯɐp poפ

I LOVE THISSSSSS!!!!!!

readys armor ok now to browse the comments from todays ch...lol, its citrus so people will for sure be up in arms about this ch...

yes haha I love this comment section because it's way more entertaining than 90% of youtube's

Anyway I'm not even going to bother with the YP version(although I feel like I'm under appreciating their hard work). The "relationship resets" are getting pretty annoying but I think it'll get better eventually.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ok, so since it was a weekend release I decided to kick back and read from ch.1 forward...
and the progress is amazing!
I have to remind myself that Yuzu is the perspective we're reading from...thats why Mei's actions are so mysterious...lol so many times id hoped to see her thought bubbles...
But anyway...I feel like im understanding the characters even more ^_^

loved the metaphor with the sketched characters...like they're both empty shells or ghosts of their former selves because they've been avoiding each other and how they feel...

Oh and finally, u know Yuzu's yuri manga?...is that a parody of another actual yuri manga? Just curious if any one knows... ^_^

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

What a hell happened in this chapter, looks like it's not finished and... And, seriously Mei WTF?! Saburouta you baka!! >_< *

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I just so so sodisappointed...I really loved this on first but lately i just got tired of this..I know this going to be a tough challenge for Yuzu Again to come closer to Mei ' heart but come on! At least give us some signs about Mei's feeling to Yuzu..Each chapter is so short and the storyline each time is so long..
I still keep reading this but I just lost my passion in it..( and sorry because the bad English)

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? MEI YOU STUPID GIRL. somebody (himeko or harumin, or whoever) please smack some fuckin sense into this delusional spoiled ojou-sama.

I will cheer when Yuzu finally snaps and smacks Mei.

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

I feel that Sara's little sister has a thing for her that's why she went that far to make sure that her sister will confess to Mei even though she heard Mei and Yuzu talk.... i guess I'm reading too much in her action ahaha. Anyway i think the best part in citrus is reading everyone's reaction in this forum :)

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

I just so so sodisappointed...I really loved this on first but lately i just got tired of this..I know this going to be a tough challenge for Yuzu Again to come closer to Mei ' heart but come on! At least give us some signs about Mei's feeling to Yuzu..Each chapter is so short and the storyline each time is so long..
I still keep reading this but I just lost my passion in it..( and sorry because the bad English)

don't give up yet! I actually feel that way when girlfriends is still in the part where i want to hit mari. Things will be better soon... i think? XD

Drmrsmonarch
joined Feb 23, 2015

After reading the last few chapters again, I think the main issue is that they just aren't on the same level emotionally yet. Yuzu is struggling with her emotions. I think she does accept her feelings for Mei, but is having a hard time trying articulating them properly. Also I think while she would like to be intimate with Mei she is afraid. Not just of betraying her role as a sister, but also she doesn't want to feel like she is just using Mei to sate her desire. Since for Yuzu I feel she wants to connect with Mei and not just use her as an object like that teacher did. The problem is Mei is so guarded, aloof, and casually about intimacy it is just twisting Yuzu up inside. She seems so desperate to connect with Mei, but she panics and trips over her words when Mei doesn't react.

As for Mei since we are meant to follow Yuzu we are also in dark about a lot of what Mei's actions and words mean. Unlike a lot of people I don't see malice in Mei's action here. It's building towards something. Frankly I think Mei is just confused about how Yuzu feels. Mei was more than willing to offer herself up to Yuzu at Christmas, but was pushed away. I think Mei is having a hard time trying grasp that Yuzu needs more from her than just her body. I do think in her own way Mei was being kind. I think she is having a hard grasping that while Yuzu does desire her, it is more than just a physical attraction. I may be wrong but I think she has a hard time believing that someone could be that in love with her. Since all the other in her that have "loved" were either using her or gone about it in superficial way.

Now I could easily be proven wrong with the next chapter, but I think Sara's confession made Mei realize something. Which is why I think she had that slight smile on the two-page spread. Mei asked Sara if she needed her and I think Mei finally got it. Love is about depending on one another, caring for another person, and just basically trusting each other. i feel it all fell into place for her at that point.

As for the last page, I think Mei is playing at something here. I am not sure what. Maybe she feels she is broken and wants to spare Yuzu. Or she is testing Yuzu to see if this what she really wants. There is something going on since I doubt Mei would just fool around with Sara. It is going to be a long wait for the next chapter, but I think this volume will end up bearing fruit.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

After reading the last few chapters again, I think the main issue is that they just aren't on the same level emotionally yet. Yuzu is struggling with her emotions. I think she does accept her feelings for Mei, but is having a hard time trying articulating them properly. Also I think while she would like to be intimate with Mei she is afraid. Not just of betraying her role as a sister, but also she doesn't want to feel like she is just using Mei to sate her desire. Since for Yuzu I feel she wants to connect with Mei and not just use her as an object like that teacher did. The problem is Mei is so guarded, aloof, and casually about intimacy it is just twisting Yuzu up inside. She seems so desperate to connect with Mei, but she panics and trips over her words when Mei doesn't react.

As for Mei since we are meant to follow Yuzu we are also in dark about a lot of what Mei's actions and words mean. Unlike a lot of people I don't see malice in Mei's action here. It's building towards something. Frankly I think Mei is just confused about how Yuzu feels. Mei was more than willing to offer herself up to Yuzu at Christmas, but was pushed away. I think Mei is having a hard time trying grasp that Yuzu needs more from her than just her body. I do think in her own way Mei was being kind. I think she is having a hard grasping that while Yuzu does desire her, it is more than just a physical attraction. I may be wrong but I think she has a hard time believing that someone could be that in love with her. Since all the other in her that have "loved" were either using her or gone about it in superficial way.

Now I could easily be proven wrong with the next chapter, but I think Sara's confession made Mei realize something. Which is why I think she had that slight smile on the two-page spread. Mei asked Sara if she needed her and I think Mei finally got it. Love is about depending on one another, caring for another person, and just basically trusting each other. i feel it all fell into place for her at that point.

As for the last page, I think Mei is playing at something here. I am not sure what. Maybe she feels she is broken and wants to spare Yuzu. Or she is testing Yuzu to see if this what she really wants. There is something going on since I doubt Mei would just fool around with Sara. It is going to be a long wait for the next chapter, but I think this volume will end up bearing fruit.

Excellent analysis, you're on the right track. Everything is building towards something.

Nina does know that Mei's interested on Yuzu and yet she kept pushing the issue. Why?

Mei is hoping something from her "relationship" with Sara

This events might be what Yuzu needs to finally become proactive reagrding Mei

Sara is up from some long overdue reality check regarding her beliefs and her "little Sis"

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Lol at some people giving up on a manga so easily just because there is a lil drama here and there. It would be boring as hell if its just be fluffy and happy. Here you have something to looking foward to and u dont want it to end so soon. It is frustating cause this manga is not weekly update like one piece or naruto but 2 mobth gap.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Lol at some people giving up on a manga so easily just because there is a lil drama here and there. It would be boring as hell if its just be fluffy and happy. Here you have something to looking foward to and u dont want it to end so soon. It is frustating cause this manga is not weekly update like one piece or naruto but 2 mobth gap.

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

My kokoro is broko

joined Sep 11, 2014

Whenever a new chapter of Citrus comes out, my reaction is torn between excitement and extreme frusturation. -

joined Oct 19, 2014

I really don't like it really really really....

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The end of Sara's confession ended on quite an ambiguous manner in the sense that we're not certain whether Mei really did accept Sara's confession. I'm hopeful she didn't but I think it would be quite OOC of her to lie to Yuzu about her & Sara going out.

joined Jun 19, 2014

gad dammit mei have some thought for your sister !!?

joined Jun 19, 2014

Whenever a new chapter of Citrus comes out, my reaction is torn between excitement and extreme frusturation. -

i feel ya bro

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

It's ALWAYS the same shit!! DAMN i am so angry right now !
Honestly I think Yuzu and Harumin would be a better couple than Yuzu and Mei. Mei is just so fucked up and Yuzu is always trying her best for Mei and in the End she is always so sad and crying all the Time caus of her. Yuzu is just TOO good for her soo ... I am just disappointed how it goes for a long time.. too much drama for me.

last edited at Mar 1, 2015 5:46AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

The end of Sara's confession ended on quite an ambiguous manner in the sense that we're not certain whether Mei really did accept Sara's confession. I'm hopeful she didn't but I think it would be quite OOC of her to lie to Yuzu about her & Sara going out.

I agree. We didn't see Mei accepting Sara's confession. Also, I am not sure if YP translated correctly when Yuzu wished to talk to Mei the first time - "I love you... disregarding we are sisters, disregarding we are a family..." I think this was translated wrongly. It feels as if Yuzu wants to tell Mei she loves her romantically. Shouldn't it be Mei thought Yuzu only love her as a sister and hence Mei doesn't want to listen any more.

Anyhow, I couldn't see this going too much further. Looks like the story is coming to an end(?)

Prediction Yuzu got really sad, expressed her true feelings to Mei. Mei got shocked and accepts Yuzu eventually. The End (ok that's lame)

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Excellent analysis, you're on the right track. Everything is building towards something.

Agreed, Blue Saint totally nailed it. To me, one of the best moments was when Yuzu realized that she just needed to be there for Mei not just romantically but also emotionally, as someone she can trust and rely on. My only worry is that Mei lets her guard down with Yuzu in a very...errr... casual way like, "I love you Yuzu" *and they live happily ever after... The series so far has not gone that route but I would really like to see Mei and Yuzu have an emotional one on one where they work out their issues, what they want from each other, what they expect, how they will treat each other, and etc. It just seems a talk like that is the only natural way to go about it for Mei and Yuzu to finally connect.

Images(2)
joined Jan 10, 2015

What can i say?FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK 2months later i will still say fuck stop hurting me just stop(No don't stop am just mad sorry but fuck i love it)

To reply you must either login or sign up.