Forum › Citrus discussion

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Mei asking Sara if she needed her is a question she should have asked Yuzu, the answer would have been obvious.

Mei should know Yuzu loves and needs her. If she doesn't it's just bad writing to extend the ridiculous drama.

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Shit jus went down nya, poor yuzuchi TT3TT

Thumbnail-600x-shrink
joined Apr 15, 2013

until this manga does not get completed,I will not read any more chapters..one step forward and three back,.driving me crazy(and comes out every 2,3 months?)for calm heart and mind is better to wait lol

joined Oct 29, 2014

So out of nowhere now Mei need someone to need her, becoming a needy character... What...
Accept to date a COMPLETE STRANGER... a girl... means she has no issues with that factor (well we already knew this cuz she goes around kissing girls randomly <- that makes no sense, suppose its a way to remind us its a yuri manga, pretty stupid tho). Better not date my not real sister and date this random stranger!

Introduce two new characters out of nowhere. Have Mei accept a confession from one of them - a stranger from some other part of the country - and reject Yuzu, despite their obvious mutual love for each other.

Yeah, I'm firmly in the useless drama camp, and I have been for a while with this series.

Just another point on the "Mei does something nosnensical that will just spawn more drama to keep the engine going" score... Lost track of it, it's just too much to keep count.

The terrible writing has truely made this manga quite the dissapointment, really hope the mangaka gets an actual writer for his/her next manga, cuz this is just shit.

last edited at Feb 28, 2015 2:58PM

joined Feb 28, 2015

Mei asking Sara if she needed her is a question she should have asked Yuzu, the answer would have been obvious.

Mei should know Yuzu loves and needs her. If she doesn't it's just bad writing to extend the ridiculous drama.

I used to think people were exaggerating when they talked about yuri being melodramatic, then I read this manga!

joined Jul 28, 2014

Idk i like harumin x yuzu if not romatically bestfriends is still great

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

wut ?? really ?? i thought the author just can't keep up with the deadline, not just "sketchy", they even transparent at next pages lol

That was my initial reaction but if you look closely you'll see they are the only ones drawn like that (and just at the beginning).

joined May 28, 2013

I have tried defending this manga for the longest time, but after that latest chapter, I am beginning to feel everyone's frustration! It feels as if the managaka is forcibly trying to drag the manga out in a horrendous way,

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I give up.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

So out of nowhere now Mei need someone to need her, becoming a needy character... What...
Accept to date a COMPLETE STRANGER... a girl... means she has no issues with that factor (well we already knew this cuz she goes around kissing girls randomly <- that makes no sense, suppose its a way to remind us its a yuri manga, pretty stupid tho). Better not date my not real sister and date this random stranger!

Introduce two new characters out of nowhere. Have Mei accept a confession from one of them - a stranger from some other part of the country - and reject Yuzu, despite their obvious mutual love for each other.

Yeah, I'm firmly in the useless drama camp, and I have been for a while with this series.

Just another point on the "Mei does something nosnensical that will just spawn more drama to keep the engine going" score... Lost track of it, it's just too much to keep count.

The terrible writing has truely made this manga quite the dissapointment, really hope the mangaka gets an actual writer for his/her next manga, cuz this is just shit.

^This ..all of this.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mei has always been a needy character.

When we met her, she was doing anything to get her father's attention and approval and Matsuri outright calls her out on the previous arc,

Red_rose_190268
joined Feb 5, 2015

I don't understand with the way mei thinking.. ;(

joined Jul 28, 2014

Plot sucks imo its just jumping places with no real progression. Like One obstacle right after the other there is no flow. Lacks reason so its not that interesting its just the angst, frustration, and especially the art that brings people in. But overall it lacks plot. So to say the writing is shit. Dont fight me for my opinions hoe

last edited at Feb 28, 2015 3:14PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't understand with the way mei thinking.. ;(

That's kind of the point.

Although that behavior is normal on High School kids around here.

last edited at Feb 28, 2015 3:09PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Fricking frick, it happened. orz

I just wonder how people would react if this manga ended and Sara actually ended up with Mei... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

I'm just gonna keep reading so It'll remind myself WHAT NOT TO DO when writing a story... this is terrible...

last edited at Feb 28, 2015 3:13PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

tl;dr this chapter: Mei once again sabotages her relationship with Yuzu due to neediness.

joined Feb 28, 2015

tl;dr this chapter: Mei once again sabotages her relationship with Yuzu due to neediness.

Honestly at this point I don't want them to be together because of her neediness. I was Yuzu to go, "Nope, I don't need you." and find someone better.

joined Oct 12, 2013

wut ?? really ?? i thought the author just can't keep up with the deadline, not just "sketchy", they even transparent at next pages lol

That was my initial reaction but if you look closely you'll see they are the only ones drawn like that (and just at the beginning).

I think it's probably more likely that the pages weren't illustrated sequentially, so some are finished and others aren't. Your optimism is adorable though.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

"bear shock" ruins the comedy of that phrase.

joined Jan 30, 2015

You know, I once said here that Stretch's plot has a glacial pace compared to most manga's, due to the format and the writing (and also because, well, it's still more of a comedic instructional webcomic than a romantic drama manga.)

Citrus is longer overall, its plot is focused on the dramatic interplay and the potential romance between the main characters in a small setting, but it advances slower than shounen mangas' romantic subplots. I mean, this is making Toriko look like an earnest work about the increasing vulnerability of our emotions, as we become more intimate with others.

__

It is going so slowly, we are approaching a first proper date like the event horizon of a black hole, losing all sense of time as gravity increases to incomprehensible levels, the second hand on our watches freezing.

This may be moving so slowly, that it may actually start to go backwards!

The intricate piles of characters that are sisters or in sister-like positions or otherwise related, the bizarre number of schoolgirls with incestuous and psuedo-incestuous crushes that can't directly talk to each other about ANYTHING; they will be rewound like clock springs.

(if any of these characters had a therapist, they would burst into flames from how oblique and sororal their clients' relationships are)
_

It is going so fascinatingly slow, that:

one of the last posts I made on /u/ about a year ago, was this long rant on Citrus being this byproduct of the ossification of romance manga. That, it was an example of the broader genre's focus on endless misunderstanding chases in generic melodramatic high schools, and the plot hasn't meaningfully advanced since that post

65752315_p1
joined May 1, 2014

WTF... I like the art a lot, I didn't think the manga was really bad before this, but this chapter is really stupid .-. I feel like is a waste, because art is really good, only needs a decent plot >.<

10612629_855999057744079_3468998874083676355_n
joined Sep 12, 2014

I've waited 3 months for this and then it just punches me in the heart. Y U DO DIS ;__;

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

I can't help but laugh at this manga (and at myself for actually buying the first volume).
Welp. That was disappointing.
Moving on.
This manga deserves the benefit of the doubt at least, so I'll do just that.
I'm hoping that the reason Mei decided to go out with Sara is to keep Yuzu from telling her her real feelings and keep the "family peace."

Although all that gloomy, depressing, apathetic atmosphere around Mei remind me of Sasuke. And it's probably why I was laughing while reading this chapter.

Prof%20pic%200
joined Feb 27, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch14#36 "lololol!!!"
omg! hahaha XD that anime made me say wtfam I watching for reals!!
XD dang no wonder mei acted like that hahaha!! XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.