Forum › 4:30am, at the coin laundromat discussion

This needs a sequel, stat!

joined Mar 28, 2021

Love it.

joined Mar 18, 2018

Calling it now. We get a continuation in six months!
(Please let us get a continuation!)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Does this really need the age gap tag when it's only 6 years and it seems like they are both adults? There's no mention to indicate school age or anything which is usually what I associate with age gap.

Cute story although I feel like Tamaki shoulda made a move earlier instead of right before she left since she was interested too? 6 months of waiting is a long time especially since she knew about the crush for months lol.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 8:25AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

this really needs a sequel

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I let out a solid laugh when she mentioned getting checked out. Hopefully the next time they meet it will involve getting closer and at least getting to kiss before the next departure.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 8:33AM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

they surely exchanged contact info to plan the laundromat date in six months?

These lesbians playing the long game. They met six months ago and its 'probably' going to be another six months before they meet again.

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

Somehow I can see them as adult Akebi Komichi and Erika. Lovely.

Erika is faraway after their graduation while Komichi patiently waits for her in the small town where Ryoubai situated.

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Oh my gay <3

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

oneshot? Oneshot? ONESHOT????????

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really feel like I’ve read this before, but there’s no sign of it on MangaDex, which is the only other place I read manga.

Or is there some other yuri story about a shy woman who meets an attractive woman at an early-morning laundromat?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Gah why are one shots always so good that they leave you wanting and hoping we get more!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

oneshot? Oneshot? ONESHOT????????

^^^^^^^^^^^

they surely exchanged contact info to plan the laundromat date in six months?

These lesbians playing the long game. They met six months ago and its 'probably' going to be another six months before they meet again.

The thing about sapphics is that we they are dumb. The younger one will obviously be going there at the same hour for the next six months and the other will show up one of these days as if they had a silent agreement.
It’s about the longing, not the practicality.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 9:47AM

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

I really feel like I’ve read this before, but there’s no sign of it on MangaDex, which is the only other place I read manga.

Or is there some other yuri story about a shy woman who meets an attractive woman at an early-morning laundromat?

Yea, it seems there's another one with a same premise. I feel like I have read that before, but cannot remember the titile.
Also, the magazine volume under the title tells "yuri hime 2022.12", it's this month's edition.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yea, it seems there's another one with a same premise. I feel like I have read that before, but cannot remember the titile.
Also, the magazine volume under the title tells "yuri hime 2022.12", it's this month's edition.

Right, and the more I think about, I seem to remember the protagonist going back to the other woman’s place. Ah well, it’ll probably turn up long after I’ve stopped thinking about it.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 10:00AM

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

cute <3

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

There's a oneshot about laundrymats in Syrup Vol 1...

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Right, and the more I think about, I seem to remember the protagonist going back to the other woman’s place. Ah well, it’ll probably turn up long after I’ve stopped thinking about it.

This must be it

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

so glad I am not the only one who still remembers the other similar oneshot XD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This must be it

Bingo! Thanks much. I did not know that "Early Morning Laundromat" was a genre.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Really liked this one? Laundromats as spaces have always fascinated me because they're virtually nonexistent where I come from and I've never been to one, so the entirety of my acquaintance with them is deferred through media. There's a fascinating intersection of qualities I normally consider antonymous that flow together in these fictional laundromats, cramped mechanization in lines and rows churning nonstop in cycles turning on tokens and coins, and entwining yet in humming, hulking, rectangular symphonies to carry out a task as old as time, rinsing second skins in quaint old windows, frothing and foaming comforts anew. It's a fusion of traits that renders laundromats strangely quaint in all their efficiency, intimate in that strange liminal glow that makes old eateries and subway tunnels seem oddly organic late into the night, (un)peopled by ghosts of ghosts, echoes of footsteps, and so fittingly a space for that especial brand of romance that weaves together two misfits on lonely nights, following trails of solitude to fellow hermits.

And so it goes for Tamaki and Inori, perched as they are on benches while the systems sing, couched between beds of suds and shadowy sheets, hearts attuned to a dynamo's beat. They toss their clothes into these portals to before-after, clean-as-they-were-in-minutes-from-now, tenses loosened in spin cycles, time itself all fluffy in the wash, letting the hours stretch and curl and heap while the moonlit waiting, undressed for a spell, exchange sideways glances looping off-course as if they too, were whirling in these machines. The art perfectly complements this sense of lazily peeking, hoping for the same, bobbing to the churn in a odd sort of stability- I love the how thick and fine the artist traces their hair, curtains through which they peer nervous and amused and giddy and coy, each seeing the other in as bright a spotlight as a the lights of a small town laundromat may provide, though as Tamaki cheerily asserts, they're already on a stage, deep in a charming game.

I also adore the detail given to the ruffles and layers on their clothes that twine and crease like fabric faces, almost enough to hear them rustle in sitting, shifting and standing up to leave, an external cycle to mirror the one within, as well as the one further within as each of our coin-tossers harbor longing dreams, playing out as many fantasies as the machines accommodate, each wondering if the other knows how she makes her head spin and her stomach flip in eager excitement, stepping into the center with all the regularity of a coin, bundling mysteries and possibilities in a hamper and tossing them into speculation's alembic, spinning, spinning, spinning until those muddy, uncertain feelings are sparkling clean, and then leaving with rueful smiles to be dyed once more in the night. Cycles move within cycles, and especially so when Tamaki makes her declaration at the end, weaving her departure too into another phase of a process, a cycle that separates you ever-so-briefly from the clothes you wrap so close, only to return them sparkling clean at the cost of a little time, the classic Around the World-Wash in 180 Gays by Girls Yearn. For Inori, those six months shall be both washing and waiting, a painful vigil for the one she loves, but also a chance to brighten herself up, dust off the old moves, clean out all the worries and meet Tamaki at her best when she pops out of circulation, crisp and fresh in the clarity of feelings, and eminently wearable (this is a metaphor for cuddling, I think). Big fan of these mildly minimalistic oneshots that let their settings, symbols and styles vocalize what their disaster gays cannot, and I hope we see more from this artist moving forward.

joined Oct 13, 2014

reminds me a bit of octave

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Cute story and good art. Would love to see a follow up.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

the moral of the story is: shoot your shot you useless lesbian

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

This must be it

Bingo! Thanks much. I did not know that "Early Morning Laundromat" was a genre.

Maybe, we can ask a newtag? Laundromat or a more general one like "Washing Machine"?

To reply you must either login or sign up.