Forum › Pieta discussion

joined Jan 31, 2013

It's sad that this manga isn't well known, it's truly a hidden gem

Dramatic without being a downer, three-dimensional characters...it has everything

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I don't think I've ever been as satisfied by a character's downfall as with Shingeko. What an awful, awful person. Great character, though. I do love this story, great drama and characters, and the main relationship is actually really cute, happy Rio is adorable.

joined Nov 14, 2013

This might be messed up to say but i was really disappointed the stepmother didnt die in the fire

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Rio's awesome. Once she managed to exorcise her darkness and start actually feeling, she just kept getting cuter and cuter as she went along. It's amazing Sahoko managed to hold herself from jumping her like, all the time.

The psychiatric couple were pretty cute too, come to that.

Sun%20jin%20for%20dynasty%20scans
joined Aug 31, 2013

Starting from a dark place working towards a better future. Truly a great read.

This might be messed up to say but i was really disappointed the stepmother didnt die in the fire

Well, died is a bit much. Getting a real nasty burn scar for life would have been better. But still, I loved the poetic justice.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Re-reading this (for about the millionth time), it really strikes me just how pretty Sahoko is. The story understandably focuses on Rio a lot, but Sahoko is really beautiful.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

It's amazing how it feels like this is the first time I've read this manga, when in fact I've read it countless times. I could say that there are a lot of things I've only read now after having taken Abnormal Psych.
And Sahoko shines even brighter each time I see her, she's such a bad-ass person without being moe.
I can't ramble enough, I just really love this manga, it gives hope and that awesome feeling within.

last edited at Mar 31, 2014 2:31PM

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

this is just too awesome, the characters are great! they are so engrossing, I was literally on the edge of my seat the entire time agonizing about what would happen next.

really wish there was at least a kiss at the end though, I mean yeah they are together and what Sahoko told Rio's psychiatrist/pseudo-adopted-father was nice because it alluded to the fact that they were together as a couple, it would still be nice to have at least one, just one kiss at the end!! I mean they kissed earlier right?

still this story is overwhelmingly good and I hope a lot of other people enjoy or will enjoy it the way I did!

joined Jan 18, 2013

This is what got me into Yuri. I've tried to find stories of similier quality but only a few have come close. Even now, it's still one of the best I've ever read.

joined Jan 30, 2013

This will always remain the most underappreciated manga ever.

joined May 2, 2014

Really relastic I really enjoyed this

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm surprised this manga has so few comments. The first third or so is actually a little boringly written but once it starts picking up it's extremely good, definitely one of my favorites.

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

I adore this story... I think it might be the first piece that alerted me to how truly accomplished some yuri manga can be, not to mention introducing me to yuri as a genre within itself.

Love it. ^^

_1402627928.76741_882
joined May 25, 2011

I'm glad that I took a chance on this manga. I'm usually very careful about anything with the Non-Moe Art tag, since the last couple of times, that tag translated into "this is a complete and total downer". But while the story is dark, it doesn't wear on my nerves, unlike other things I can name, and the art is nice to look at, also, unlike things I could name.

I'm really getting into this.

joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm glad that I took a chance on this manga. I'm usually very careful about anything with the Non-Moe Art tag, since the last couple of times, that tag translated into "this is a complete and total downer".

Uhh, what about everything by Nishi Uko?

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

Definately top in my yuri classic list. Rio and Sahoko are so perfect together, I especially liked the tender care in the rehabilitation part.

Salamandrake
joined Sep 11, 2014

This manga is very good. I especially liked the part where Rio's stepmom got burned along with her dreams.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, if the doctor's thoughts are true, the next step in evolution is lesbians.

I can get on board with this.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

One of the best yuri I've read so far.

I liked all the characters, well, beside the stepmother who is a real monster. But I especially loved the relation and the interactions between Rio and Sahoko.

Seeing those two, I was under the impression of seeing the incarnation of the True Love, very few couple (yuri or not) left me with that impression. Everything is so natural and perfect.

It's a real shame that this manga wasn't edited outside Japan. :(

Homosexuality is a superior order of existence. No doubt here.

last edited at Aug 23, 2015 4:36AM

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

The ending brought a warm feeling to the heart, it's nice..
Indeed, this was a good read.

Homosexuality is a superior order of existence. No doubt here.

:>

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 10:50AM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This was a great story... I feel so satisfied and happy with life right now.... :)

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Can't believe there are only 25 comments ... Read this countless time, this is for me of one the all-time best Yuri. Definitely a masterpiece ..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can't believe there are only 25 comments ... Read this countless time, this is for me of one the all-time best Yuri. Definitely a masterpiece ..

It's because the manga has been here since before the current comment system was put in place. A lot of older pieces don't have many comments because of that.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

welp this is a first. Its only chapter 4 an im in tears for some reason... i don't know if its that im way too emotional or that the storyline is familiar but damn. This really hurts.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

I couldn't follow it...

To reply you must either login or sign up.