Forum › Lily Love discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Hmm.
Somehow, the flow just feels broken and disjoined...
Also those 3d-building panels...
Well, let's see how it continues I guess.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 7:44PM

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

I feel like the engrish is either strong with this or it's good art and bad story... maybe both?

joined Aug 4, 2014

We sure get some exotic stuff nowadays.
This one looks promising and I appreciate art style - girls look just gorgeous.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

Kudos to the translators! Some kinda harsh comments here, but it's a good first effort. I look forward to seeing more.

But we had yuri from Thailand a while back in fact. The no text Sono Hanabira doujins were Thai.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

Waiting for the day Western artists will get into it.
(I barely like the European/American's way of drawing comics tho......)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmm.
Somehow, the flow just feels broken and disjoined...
Also those 3d-building panels...
Well, let's see how it continues I guess.

I don't know that feel bro, I speak spanish so I always understand 95 % of the english translations... The finest details between common english and the one in this work are beyond my sight... I assume, is just hard to translate thailandese dialogues and manners?

Can someone point out one of those "weird" things in the conversations?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well. That escalated quickly lol.

Indeed, got my eye on this one hoping the relationship starts early instead of right on the ending. Rarely get stories like those... unfortunate for me cuz those are the ones I most enjoy.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Donut! :D

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 8:48PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

So I tried looking up why its considered socially bad for Thai girls to smoke (or if its just the author saying don't smoke) and I found this gem:

http://www.livingthai.org/5-characteristics-of-a-good-thai-girl.html

ENJOY!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So I tried looking up why its considered socially bad for Thai girls to smoke (or if its just the author saying don't smoke) and I found this gem:

http://www.livingthai.org/5-characteristics-of-a-good-thai-girl.html

ENJOY!

"because then thai girls stop caring what others think"
how is this in any way a bad thing? you should only really care what those close to you think, the rest of society can go fuck itself unless you are in a position of power.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

FWIW, just seems to be a cultural thing. Nothing more nothing less. Like how many people in the US judge people with piercings and tattoos as uneducated and/or poor.

So, basically.... whatever.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 9:09PM

joined Dec 11, 2011

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

aw. i never knew about this. will check bookstores later.

Snapshot%20eye
joined Mar 23, 2012

in Thailand women shouldn't smoke. It's not good.

No comment, just wtf. Don't want to read this now.

people shouldn't smoke in general, men and women alike

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's quite cute. Although it surprises me a little, if it weren't for the language you totally wouldn't know this wasn't Japanese.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Why "kinda strange" ?

And in Thailand is already 6th ;)

edit: about img size - it's our first time to upload here so we didn't know if it's better to resize them or to leave them in original HD version. I will resize them and talk to uploader to switch them for smaller.

there are three types of people when it comes to sizes: purists who prefer to retain the original size from the author. those who prefer bigger sizes because they think bigger is better or they are nearsighted, and those who prefer smaller sizes because of convenience. it should be up to the scanner/translator to decide what's best.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Most countries in Asia are conservative. So smoking is viewed as bad behavior,along with cursing, speaking what's on your mind and cleavage exposure.

But anyway, so far so good. Nicely drawn. We'll see if the plot is good as well.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Is odd because the art style is so pretty that when she said "I'm nerdy, nobody like girls like me" you can't agree... Is so risky to make an ugly character huh?

"Big Legs. Chubby."

(immediately shows both of those are false)

EXACTLY. " Oh man, I'm chubby, my skin is bad, and I'm just ugly...."

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 10:13PM

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Something is off with the dialogue. I don't know if that's a translation issue or just the author's issue. It just reads awkwardly. The random panels of color bothered me too. Seems interesting. I'll be keeping up with it.

and as for the "ugly" issue. In most of the manga I've read where chracters say they are ugly, it is only themselves that think so. They're typically fine, maybe even attractive, but their personal perception of themselves is skewed to think that they aren't as attractive as they actually are. A lot of people are like this. They're insecure. Of course there's all sorts of other possibilities. The author might just not want to draw an ugly character. shrugs

*just re-read it. part of the awkwardness in the dialogue might just be due to the situation of meeting some random person and then accidentally "forcing" them to stop smoking.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 10:36PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, I was a little confused myself when reading it.

Yes, we had the same problem while editing but it's not our fault xD We only put translated text to place where author wrote it in the first place ^^"

Ack! I didn't mean to accuse you guys of anything. It just flowed...kinda weirdly to me lol. I had to reread the pages. Either way, thanks for the effort and I'm looking forward to more :)

Is odd because the art style is so pretty that when she said "I'm nerdy, nobody like girls like me" you can't agree... Is so risky to make an ugly character huh?

"Big Legs. Chubby."

(immediately shows both of those are false)

EXACTLY. " Oh man, I'm chubby, my skin is bad, and I'm just ugly...."
Is it just impossible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Ever read One Piece? There's pleeeenty of ugly there.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I feel like the engrish is either strong with this or it's good art and bad story... maybe both?

We Asian just suck at English language.That's all.
Actually you don't need to be great at any language at all in order to write some great or decent story.
http://frontmission.info/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EngrishAdvertisementsOfFrontMission

And this comic looks promising enough for now.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 10:58PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Most countries in Asia are conservative. So smoking is viewed as bad behavior,along with cursing, speaking what's on your mind and cleavage exposure.

But anyway, so far so good. Nicely drawn. We'll see if the plot is good as well.

That doesnt make sense to me. I think of conservatives as the ones ok with smoking in the US due to big business. Socially, i dont think either side really promotes or denounces cigarettes. But that might just be another difference between countries.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Kudos to the translators! Some kinda harsh comments here, but it's a good first effort. I look forward to seeing more.

But we had yuri from Thailand a while back in fact. The no text Sono Hanabira doujins were Thai.

Waiting for the day Western artists will get into it.
(I barely like the European/American's way of drawing comics tho......)

isnt cross heart a spanish yuri?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

That doesnt make sense to me. I think of conservatives as the ones ok with smoking in the US due to big business. Socially, i dont think either side really promotes or denounces cigarettes. But that might just be another difference between countries.

conservative values differ in different places.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Oh Thailand women :-)

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 7:14AM

joined Feb 1, 2015

Slowly but surely, all of Asia will be yurified. Just as planned.

To reply you must either login or sign up.