Forum › Citrus + discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yuzu having drama about a character we've never met seems a little forced, but it was nice that Mei got to be supportive and interesting for once, so I'll take it. Seriously, though, wasn't this sequel supposed to be pushing other plots? Harumin and Matsuri haven't been updated on in what...over a year? A year and half?

I agree—the fretting about Friend-We-Don’t-Care-About-san is negligible, but Mei unexpectedly simulated a human being in a relationship very effectively, so thumb’s up for that.

But wtf is that thing from the cover? And then they get another one? Is this some specific grotesque Japanese mascot, or a generic grotesque Japanese mascot?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Bleh for as long as it takes between chapters it was nice to see a Yuzu/Mei chapter but this was so who gives a shit about this filler chapter for no reason. Bleh oh well again any Yuzu/Mei is better than none at all.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yuzu having drama about a character we've never met seems a little forced, but it was nice that Mei got to be supportive and interesting for once, so I'll take it. Seriously, though, wasn't this sequel supposed to be pushing other plots? Harumin and Matsuri haven't been updated on in what...over a year? A year and half?

It's fairly consistent with Yuzu's history IMO. She's very sensitive and she always wears her heart on her sleeve, it's one of her strong points as a character. We know she likes to help the people she cares about too, she's done it quite often before.

last edited at Aug 20, 2022 5:56PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Saburouta: "y'all better not say Mei never did anything for Yuzu ever again"

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Today is a good day for Mei enthusiasts!

About Mei's "Chocolate Fettuccino":
In Japanese, Mei says she wants to try a チョコペペロンチーノ (chocolate peperoncino), likely intending to say "chocolate frappuccino" (since this is what Yuzu gets her on their date).
"Peperoncino" is just the Italian word for hot chili peppers, but in Japanese, it's the abbreviated name of a pasta dish called "spaghetti aglio e olio" (the full Japanese name is "aglio, olio e peperoncino"). Basically, I guess Mei thought it was some kind of chocolate pasta.
However, the word peperoncino doesn't have this strong association with pasta in English, so in order to make Mei's reaction on Page 9 make sense, I swapped it for a mashup of fettuccine and frappuccino.

Also, here's the "log flume ride" Mei is referring to on Page 12 (from the chapter released in August of last year lmao):
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_7th#15

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Nice thanks for the explanation on that… was wondering why the spaghetti was crossed out lol

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Wow i wasn't expecting such a good chapter, i mean it kind of is a carbon copy of the same arc in citrus but progress is progress and Is always welcom

PD Come on mei just finish the god damn date, if you're gonna be nice at least do it till the end, it is really such a bother to do the things that yuzu wants to do once in a while?

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

We met her twice prior to last chapter. She's the casual homophobe friend

last edited at Aug 20, 2022 9:48PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

But between this and Lycolis Recoil it feels like the genki and :| beauty trope has become almost necessary at this point

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Manami and Kana were literally in the first pages of the series and then appeared again in the latter half of the series and were at Mei and Yuzu's wedding. This side plot is to explain how they went from being homophobic to accepting and supporting Yuzu (and I still think they will end up together).

Anyway, Mei was freaking adorable this chapter and I kind of want one of the strawberries plushies now, they look hilarious,

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

What is the point of making Mei hotter and hotter each chapter if Yuzu's gonna do nothing about it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What is the point of making Mei hotter and hotter each chapter if Yuzu's gonna do nothing about it

No victim-blaming.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Funny, that was literally my first thought reading page 2 XD '' wow, Mei is all sorts of curvy and hot in that dress. Is Yuzu even noticing this ? ''

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 10:51AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It will be funny if Manami and Kana are actually, just like Sayaka,: inside the closet homophobe. Where are the boyfriends if they seemed to be very experienced with boys and ? What sort of excuse was it when they told the reasons of going out in public are testing how sexy they are? Won't you think every time they go out there should be a couple of boy toys around them? They are now seniors of senior high school, also two semesters from graduation, can be anyway between 17 to 19.

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 10:50AM

Manami and Kana were literally in the first pages of the series and then appeared again in the latter half of the series and were at Mei and Yuzu's wedding. This side plot is to explain how they went from being homophobic to accepting and supporting Yuzu (and I still think they will end up together).

Glad to know someone else understands the concept.

Anyway, Mei was freaking adorable this chapter and I kind of want one of the strawberries plushies now, they look hilarious,

I agree Mei was great in this chapter.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It will be funny if Manami and Kana are actually, just like Sayaka,: inside the closet homophobe. Where are the boyfriends if they seemed to be very experienced with boys and ? What sort of excuse was it when they told the reasons of going out in public are testing how sexy they are? Won't you think every time they go out there should be a couple of boy toys around them? They are now seniors of senior high school, also two semesters from graduation, can be anyway between 17 to 19.

I mean

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Glad to know someone else understands the concept.

I think most readers who are reacting with skepticism to the homophobe-friends arc are simply noting that we have Yuzu in a tizzy about 4th-tier (at best) characters who haven’t even been in a handful of scenes in the two series, while multiple arcs of the main cast have been hanging fire for what feels like forever.

And just to be pedantic Manama and Kana did appear on the first pages of the original series, but their big homophobic moment was in Chapter 23 of 50+ total chapters. Then they appeared as background characters at the wedding. So it’s no surprise that people are asking “Who tf are these two, and why are we supposed to care about them?”

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

And I was just pointing out how is completely false that we've never met these characters before. The rest was just pointing out where we saw them.

And the series has been good about shifting the spotlight between all the main characters to further develop their standing at the wedding, that is what citrus+ is all about, just fill in the blanks between Yuzu's proposal and their marriage from citrus.

last edited at Aug 21, 2022 4:50PM

joined Mar 29, 2019

If this chapter had any kind of physical relationship, it would be less of a deal that the character interactions are limited to whispers and smiles. WHY did the author/editor decide to turn this series into nicey-nice for Citrus Plus? That was the OPPOSITE of what hardcore fans wanted.

Meanwhile, Mei looks like she's going downtown and Yuzu looks like she's going to a baseball game, and neither of them is interested in the other.

I know that the author thinks they're funny and totally got her claws wrapped around us by showing all the curves and bodies and giving us none of the payoff, but she must realize this is just drying up the story.

And if you wanted credit for three lines from Mei, well, sorry. Mei has no personality and Yuzu is never horny ever. C+ has been the opposite of what made Citrus a classic. Recognizable by the fact that this chapter didn't make it to the website most-read (far as I could tell) even though it's a big name.

It's so pathetic. MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN, WRITE A PLOT.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

just caught up with the latest chapter--- why does saburouta always make it seem like the dialogue is so .... vague??? like things are said but aren't really said, for some reason

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A citrus artbook appeared on Melonbooks for preorder

https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=1628338&utm_source=newarrival&utm_medium=202209071026&utm_campaign=reservation

More than 200 illustrations from comics, anime, and store specials drawn from 2012 to 2018! Included are over 200 illustrations of "citrus" from 2012 to 2018, including comics, anime, and store special offers. Includes many comments by Saburota looking back at the time of writing. The book is in a powerful B4 size, hardcover with foil stamping!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A citrus artbook appeared on Melonbooks for preorder

https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=1628338&utm_source=newarrival&utm_medium=202209071026&utm_campaign=reservation

More than 200 illustrations from comics, anime, and store specials drawn from 2012 to 2018! Included are over 200 illustrations of "citrus" from 2012 to 2018, including comics, anime, and store special offers. Includes many comments by Saburota looking back at the time of writing. The book is in a powerful B4 size, hardcover with foil stamping!

If Citrus/Citrus+ had been more like the covers and Illustrations implied, my guess is that people would be a lot happier with the series.

joined Sep 14, 2022

I have read citrus season 1 and season 2 three times now. I badly needed the update. It's too bad because the update is once a month.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

I have read citrus season 1 and season 2 three times now. I badly needed the update. It's too bad because the update is once a month.

Sometimes.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Unless the translaters are ruuning behind, looks like the author is getting lazy again. Forsake your fans and then don't be surprised if they forsake you!

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Unless the translaters are ruuning behind, looks like the author is getting lazy again. Forsake your fans and then don't be surprised if they forsake you!

Saburota is working on the anniversary artbook that is coming on November

To reply you must either login or sign up.