Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I have like zero faith in the survivability of poly relationships but still, gotta say I was a bit disappointed
Like, they even brought up that concept up as a viable option, what with the nurse and her two amigas and all
What the fuck was up with that?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I have like zero faith in the survivability of poly relationships but still, gotta say I was a bit disappointed
Like, they even brought up that concept up as a viable option, what with the nurse and her two amigas and all

People seem to gloss over the fact that a basic premise of the series is that Mei has been somewhat traumatized by her ability to see the pink arrows of love, and she starts out wanting to have nothing to do with romance for herself. So a lot of the series amounts to Mei, in effect, shopping around various types of love until she finds one that suits her.

So to some extent the poly trio is just one more kind of love that she learns about rather than necessarily a plot flag indicating what the series endgame is going to be.

I don’t deny that the possibility of a poly ending was hinted at here, so maybe this isn’t the precise place to mention it, but I do think it’s striking that in the Dynasty forums not so long ago every time a third party was on the scene in a series a number of readers would automatically lament at the start, “Oh, no—I hate love triangles! Yuck! NTR!” But now it’s, “Maybe it’ll be poly! It should be poly! It must be poly!”, with everybody lamenting at the other end if it’s not.

SandfallSkyrocket
Bread%20loaf%20sliced%20profile%20pic
joined Jan 2, 2022

im so glad i was born in this era, my heart is full

joined Apr 11, 2019

I'm very sad this story didn't have a poly end. There were so many hints that it could. (I mean, the other poly triad had matching hair colours to the main trio.)

joined Feb 10, 2022

I'm very sad this story didn't have a poly end. There were so many hints that it could. (I mean, the other poly triad had matching hair colours to the main trio.)

Yea but I think they just axed it and gave this end. All hints now feel they were just pranks. Well anyway, volumen 3 has an extra chapter but it's only about mei and Sayo years later kissing and idk if they do "that" but 404: Rinna not found maybe there. The only descent story from mikami is the one of the girl with 100 days maybe cause it isnt love triangle/harem(haven't read the LN of it just its manga adaptation) like her other work

joined Oct 12, 2021

The ending for Rinna doesn't make sense at all. Didn't she quit being an idol because she only wanted to find one person to love instead of loving everyone? There was too many loopholes that it makes me feel like it was rushed/axed. Kinda disappointed.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

My, Sayo is actually managed to win? No harem end. No second kiss? Oh well. Awesome.

Though, Sayo and Rina's accidental kiss still pisses me off. What's that for, Sayo love Mei only.

Thank you author and of course the scanlators.

joined Feb 10, 2022

My, Sayo is actually managed to win? No harem end. No second kiss? Oh well. Awesome.

Though, Sayo and Rina's accidental kiss still pisses me off. What's that for, Sayo love Mei only.

Thank you author and of course the scanlators.

Well, it was a forced ending. We might never know why. Maybe the manga didn't sell well, and had to cut it to this.

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

Well, kinda disappointed but it still gave me happiness to see the MC be happy

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I really liked the series, especially how you had no idea who she ended up with, usually I/you can tell in Ep/Ch 1 but here judging by the first CH I would have said Rinna. After that I thought it could be Poly (V-Shape) and then I was sure Sayo will be win (Which I'm happy about, wouldn't have minded Poly (V) aswell) It was a good journey for Mei to find love, she witnessed a few different kinds and forms of love (Poly, Aro aswell) and learned things from it and found her own conclusion! The only negative point would be that it ended right away after they got together. But that's not a problem of this manga but generally of the format "Manga" where it's either ends when they get together or they are together from the beginning. Another Vol. would have done the manga good.

last edited at May 21, 2022 1:36AM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Character developement and to learn more about love.
As every side character except the idol.

last edited at May 21, 2022 1:20AM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I really like the fact that she ends up with Sayo, the reading wasn't great the whole time, especially the poly which pushed me out for a while but the last few chapters and the finality feels good.
I really liked the art in this manga.

joined Jun 27, 2022

Good thing mei ended with Sayo and no poly. I think the accidentally kiss between Rina and Sayo, was to show that Rina isn't actually that much in love with mei or dedicated to her. For Sayo it did nothing though, I'm glad they got properly together

joined Jul 25, 2022

The ending make me question why would the author even puts Rinna in the main scene at the beginning. I felt like there wasn't enough story about Rinna. All the way up to the amusement park date is good, but to end it a few chaps later is kinda meh. It's honestly sad to see a masterpiece go, and it will probs happens again when I read completed short works.

joined Nov 11, 2010

For the record, this series was in fact axed. Mikami Teren is quite well-known for creating poly yuri -- in fact, both of his very first two yuri doujin novels ended in poly, and his most successful series (Watanare) has also explicitly committed to poly as of the end of "Season 1" (volume 4 of the LN, with more to come).

(His first two doujin novels):
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B075CW11WT/
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B079DRMPGY/

This series, Moshikoi, was cross-promoted with Watanare's manga adaptation on Niconico.
https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg472312 (Watanare chapter 1)
https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg479226 (Moshikoi chapter 1)
https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg625852 (Moshikoi chapter 15)
You can see signs of why the series was axed in the view counts. Moshikoi started off well, with 90k views, a bit more than 1/3 of Watanare. By chapter 15, Moshikoi only had 15k views, 1/6 of how it started.

For all the posters who are upset by a rare series with clear poly development not delivering, consider voting with your wallet then next time you encounter such a series. Incidentally, Watanare is still ongoing.

Mikami Teren's second most popular series, and his original breakout doujin LN that got him publishing offers to start doing commercial yuri, is Arioto, which isn't poly. Personally, for this series, I was routing for Sayo more than Rinna, so accepting that it had to be axed, I'm satisfied with the ending. Of course, I did buy all the volumes.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Watanare is going two timing relationship for now but you know I'm the end of Vol4 Satsuki was upset with the decision made by Renako to date both Ajisai and Mai so it's not done yet. Hopefully if there's vol5 we don't see satsuki trying to destroy their relationship but instead seeing renako doing an effort to keep her relationship with both of them also I want it to end it like that cause I like both despite mai's malicious personality... and who knows a time skip to see how they are living together Anyway, hopefully mikami doesn't take the decision to make renako choose one of them in the end

joined Jun 21, 2021

For the record, this series was in fact axed.

It was so obvious, you’d have to have a serious case of head up ass not to see it. It’s so frustrating that the only way to really show support as an overseas fan is buying books I can’t read

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

I still wish Rinna won

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Dang I kind of wish there was more and sad it got axed with how rushed it all felt at the end. The art was awesome, especially the use of color

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 12:42AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Will the extra get translated?

To reply you must either login or sign up.