Forum › Nukumori Blanket discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

->You see that GF i searching an estate
-> You spotted said GF in front of the estate with another girl
-> Somehow you can't make 1+1 and realise it's just the real estate agent and jump to the worst conclusion and nearly break up.

The story is nice but by god she is a bit dumb.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Why would you wanna marry someone who trusts you so little?

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Another fine addition to my collection.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Cute cover page!

joined May 24, 2014

They can't marry since Japan has outlawed same sex marriages.

joined Dec 13, 2021

Saw that coming a mile away

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

They can't marry since Japan has outlawed same sex marriages.

No? There's districts that allow it.

Awww. Cute.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 7:44PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

-> Somehow you can't make 1+1 and realise it's just the real estate agent and jump to the worst conclusion and nearly break up.

I do think it was obvious how it was going to go, and she should have at least considered the real estate agent possibility, but the other girl isn't any better. Surprise parties work on the theory that you still communicate that something is happening, just not the specific thing you're going to do. If you're not communicating at all, then what if you both plan something for the night as a surprise?

They're both idiots.

AngelsDoNotCry
Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

You know she looking to buy a place, she at that location and she with someone in a business suit. Come on girrrrrrrrl.

Missed the first post but this lol.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 7:58PM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah like god a lil communication between ye please. Also yeah kinda strange to go from “I’m gonna break up with you because I jump to conclusions” to “yes I will marry you”

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

God I hate this cliche so much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, you people are pretty mean. Sure, “one half of a couple thinks they’re drifting apart but the other person is really doing something nice to surprise their partner” has been seen before—in fact it’s a time-honored piece of fluff.

Just because the tune is old doesn’t mean it’s a bad song.

last edited at Sep 28, 2022 6:17PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Man, you people are pretty mean. Sure, “one half of a couple thinks they’re drifting apart but the other person is really doing something nice to surprise their partner” has been seen before—in fact it’s a time-honored piece of fluff.

Just because the tune is old dooesn’t mean it’s a bad song.

Yeah but execution matters, and it's a lot more excusable for a bunch of teenagers dealing with first love, than adults who should know better that you're supposed to plan for shit.

joined Feb 2, 2019

The execution of the story could've been much better if they handled the last few pages just a tad bit differently (more communication instead of speaking over each other).

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Just because the tune is old dooesn’t mean it’s a bad song.

Yeah but bad covers of good old songs are still bad :)

You find apartment listings in you lover's place, then you spot your lover going into the apartment building, from the listings, with a stranger, wearing a suit. That makes you come to the conclusion, that they are cheating on you? It's like that old saying about hearing hoofbeats and thinking my lover is cheating on me with a horse lol.

Seriously I think the story would make more sense, if the woman found the apartment listings, and started to worry that her girlfriend was about to move on without her, and seeing her with the real estate agent turbocharged her fears.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 11:59PM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

tbh, if your girlfriend falls down and cries, asking if you can still be together, you should first take care of the misunderstandings and hug, and not propose. gotta get thinks in order

joined Aug 21, 2017

Exactly what I was thinking... but then you gotta remember that Shion has been working late and acting super cagey up to the proposal while giving no acknowledgement to their anniversary. Aoi is probably thinking, "Even if Shion isn't cheating on me, that lady is getting more affection than me. Shion won't even come to bed with me." Which would be pretty gnarly in light of Shion's aforementioned behavior even to somebody who felt more secure about their relationship.

I think if the author had more time or faster pacing this kind of anxiety would feel much more natural, but I think I can see what they were going for.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I feel like every time I've ever seen the surprise proposal depicted in fiction, it's not particularly successful. Hiding something important from your partner for a prolonged period of time, & then springing it on them suddenly & dramatically, feels like a bad idea. But maybe my sense of romance has been killed by the details.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Why would you wanna marry someone who trusts you so little?

Beat me to it.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

whole manga based around a cliche misunderstanding that everyone can see from a mile away
what a waste of everyone's time

Dd20197dc375013dead600935e307fe5_crop
joined Apr 12, 2017

The other girl wanted to surprise her but she misunderstood. So instead of clearing the misunderstanding right then, the other girl continued to push her away, letting her go home crying that weekend and continued planning the surprise.
??? What?

To reply you must either login or sign up.