Forum › Walk to Death discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

It's done, huh?
Well, I liked it, felt nice and experimental, warts and all.
I also appreciate that the "occult" remains precisely that, a plausible yet unproven explanation, instead of becoming canonically confirmed truth by the end (Death Counter notwithstanding).

last edited at Jun 24, 2022 4:43PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just to clarify, who's the third murder victim besides Aoya and Rina?

Toriko defines her father's death as a murder

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I quite liked this series, kind of hope it gets an anime adaptation at some point, though it's unlikely.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

own i shouldn't be surprised but damn that ending was so sad as much as it was good Ç-Ç those last pages with natsuki looking depressivly at tokiko hurt my heart

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

If I had to take my best guess on who the last person was on that chart of deaths we used to have for each chapter,I would say Tokikos' biological mother.

Alas,be it alive or dead,they'll all have to move on.

Now to see how many "lies" one can tell in order to save others.

joined Jun 17, 2021

Wow, I just realized the blood splatters on the pages showing the characters mark the location of the injury that caused their death

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Woww.. i gotta admit i was more amazed and immersed in this story than i expected to be. I actually have read Liar Satsuki before this one up to the latest chapter and was reading this cuz the author seems like a genius, but i rly didn't expect such a different-toned story to be just as great hehe

Btw, wasn't that mom-kid duo who saw Natsuki die the same duo that Satsuki helped by drowning the kid at a fountain?? XD

But dam, i rly love how unrelatable the mc here was as a "normal" human being (not like i'm one to label people as normal haha), usually mc's are made the opposite, but i still got to like her and sided with her pretty much all the time. I'm a bit sad the great yuri potential wasn't rly followed up, but that was still a nice friendship uwu

Gotta say, now i'm really looking forward to Liar Satsuki's newest update X3

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Also, i have to admit the author killing Miyuki, then Natsuki, then the bird in front of Tokiko, hm.. that was a bit too mean tbh haha, i legit felt mad at the author for bullying Tokiko XD

Also, before Tokiko died, i really did expect her to kill herself, since i saw her glance sadly at natsuki's body, but the way she talked to koga sounded like she was gonna move on lol, so i was like "huhh, i thought she was gonna step in front of the train, not into it to travel away lol". In the end, she did kill herself, and i felt happy kinda, cuz she got both her dad's and her own wish of being happy, cuz author-san killed her LI TwT but it would've been a great plot twist ending tbh, walking into the train and not in front. I would've liked it less, though, so i'm glad she killed herself, as twisted that makes me sound uwu

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 2:35PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

That was amazing. I worried that I'd have a difficult time staying engaged but Tokiko, and reactions to her, was an absolute treat.

The biggest downside for me was I wanted a bit more breathing room in the story for us to see more sides of Tokiko's personality. It would have been nice to see her alone, or her devious or talented sides with Natsuki, beyond short flashbacks and the extra. Nowhere in the story did the teen Tokiko behave like she did in the extra fight against Satsuki. Tokiko was a psychopath who stuck to simple logic, sure, but she had a wide range of emotion. I love characters with uncommon but otherwise reasonable minds!

I feel a bit mixed that I was wanting to see more deaths by the end, I guess that's also easier than reading the emptiness and confusion left behind. The resolution was a very rationally satisfying explanation but the curse was unsatisfying intuitively. Or maybe tragic, if that makes more sense. I don't exactly pity Tokiko, but her cosmic situation was too cut-and-dry negative. Her lack of desire saved people, and her learning to desire would have been even more disastrous. Oh well. Her happy reaction to being empty fit with the narrative perfectly.

Syndra[s]
joined Aug 3, 2015

It was fun trying to see how the other people would die. But other than the “bestfriends”’s relationship, everything else was sorta predictable. Was honestly worried in some moments that it wasn’t being as predictable as I was thinking, but the author delivered. Other than that, an okay read on philosophy I guess? It’s unique, but it wasn’t a masterpiece.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Thanks so much for the tl, pretty cool read!

The mods do need to mark this as Complete though

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Thanks so much for the tl, pretty cool read!

The mods do need to mark this as Complete though

Facts. Idk why they haven’t done so yet lol. It’s been more than a year since it was completed

Edit: nice, it’s fixed now

last edited at Apr 21, 2024 7:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.