Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

When you're subconsciously making moves....

joined Nov 23, 2020

i wonder if she's gonna notice the eye mole

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

She's gonna fall for both?? SHE'S GONNA FALL FOR BOTH!

I see it much more clearly now. How will Aya navigate her burgeoning feelings for Mitsuki, the outcast loner, as well as maintain her popular social standing at school? Will Aya keep it a secret?

last edited at May 29, 2022 11:29AM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Imagine having your whole bisexual awakening from a single person, that’s powerful

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

She's gonna fall for both?? SHE'S GONNA FALL FOR BOTH!

I see it much more clearly now. How will Aya navigate her burgeoning feelings for Mitsuki, the outcast loner, as well as maintain her popular social standing at school? Will Aya keep it a secret?

Prediction: she won't tell a soul and we'll see her freaking out over both, while trying to get close to both, not knowing she's making moves on the same person and they are falling for her too.

Imagine having your whole bisexual awakening from a single person, that’s powerful

It is TOO powerful, but regardless...

joined Apr 6, 2019

Good that they talked about the nail polish.
A lot of readers had been mentioning it: piercings aren't a big deal, but the polish? Gotta be hella hard putting it on and removing it every single day!

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Your comment hits me hard because of how painfully true it is, especially when witnessing a young person coming to terms with their queer identity and their feelings for a person of the same gender (who may or may not reciprocate). The object of affection holds all the cards. Thankfully, Aya doesn't seem like a cruel person who would pull some wickedness on Mitsuki.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

I love how they incorporated the nail polish.

The way she's obsessing over a tiny smudge that Aya probably wouldn't have noticed anyway is such a relatable experience.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

A lot of readers had been mentioning it: piercings aren't a big deal, but the polish? Gotta be hella hard putting it on and removing it every single day!

well, for most types removing/changing piercings itself isn't really a big deal, though honestly they do seem like they'd be more of a giveaway if (when) aya looks closer - despite mitsuki's reaction in this chapter, any two people might both use black nail polish, but how many would have that many holes in their ears in the exact same pattern?

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

The Prince? More like the Dark Knight...sorry.

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Hopefully she/manga world thinks of bisexuality as an option.
Otherwise she would totally struggle thinking she is straight for the hottie and can't have feelings for her classmate.

But yeah would be a powermove

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

That moment when you go to the thread to maybe voice how the manga's kinda cute and lovely and then...

I mean, I'm used to being involved in stuff like this, not walk in on it.

it was brewing up either way. but keep gay and crime it on.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I did it, because it was easy and Amarrez gave permission...

I'll leave it to them once they're back.

thank you for your hard work. <3

joined Aug 12, 2019

you had one job Mitsuki. and you're failing successfully...again

last edited at May 29, 2022 1:28PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

Does she work at the record store every single day?
Hopefully she only puts it on like thrice a week or something.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Hopefully she/manga world thinks of bisexuality as an option.
Otherwise she would totally struggle thinking she is straight for the hottie and can't have feelings for her classmate.

But yeah would be a powermove

OR she could already know she's bi. That'd be a power move by the author and a great inclusion of bisexual characters in a story. Even admitting that young queer people find out about their sexualities before high school, staying away from "teens explore a lot don't they" narrative in most stories.

last edited at May 29, 2022 3:19PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

you had one job Mitsuki. and you're failing successfully...again

mission: don't get the girl
mission failed, she is almost getting the girl

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I did it, because it was easy and Amarrez gave permission...

I'll leave it to them once they're back.

Thank you!!! You're the best!
Ah no wait let me rephrase: Amarrez is the best, but you're next!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

That moment when you go to the thread to maybe voice how the manga's kinda cute and lovely and then...

Crime? Gay? Pizza and Fire!? Wtf is going on here

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

lol the first post is an old message from when there was some mini-drama in the forum. ignore that, ignore that

let us chill with the rocker gays

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That pretty much sums up a regular Sunday on the Dynasty Reader. :-)

last edited at May 29, 2022 3:24PM

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

calling it now, the tattoo on her wrist is what will give her away. or it'll cause a misunderstanding where Aya thinks she's dating her male self and they have matching tattoos

joined Feb 1, 2021

calling it now, the tattoo on her wrist is what will give her away. or it'll cause a misunderstanding where Aya thinks she's dating her male self and they have matching tattoos

Would be hilarious if Mitsuki has to pretend to be her own ex

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

stocxt posted:

She's already getting the sense that they have the same air/look alike so perhaps she would think they're siblings instead.... but it would be pretty bad imo if she's like "Can I see your brother?!" and it turns into a really big and complicated lie with no end in sight

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

stocxt posted:

She's already getting the sense that they have the same air/look alike so perhaps she would think they're siblings instead.... but it would be pretty bad imo if she's like "Can I see your brother?!" and it turns into a really big and complicated lie with no end in sight

oooooh that’d be funny tho. i hope aya thinks they’re related. i mean, if cd shop mitsuki only gives her surname to hide the fact she’s a girl, this will happen for sure…

To reply you must either login or sign up.