Forum › Touhou Blue Book: Yoyo no Hashi discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

In case you wanna know http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fan-made_characters/Mitori_Kawashiro

Very popular Touhou fan character, if not the most popular.

Yohane hyyyype

joined Apr 23, 2014

On page 22, lower right side panel, it looks like Mitori is staring at her sisters butt. Although I'm 100% sure that is what she is doing.

Btw, the art/drawing style on this one is officially one of my favorites. I personally feel that it is one of Touhou's "offical styles" if you get what I'm saying.

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 12:03AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Not saying much given the Touhou fandom's general opinion of OCs >_>

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I personally thought it was Sendai Halurei no Miko that was the most popular - at least, she's the one I see the most fan art of.

But anyways, yay, more Yohane!

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I personally thought it was Sendai Halurei no Miko that was the most popular - at least, she's the one I see the most fan art of.

Ah yes, Mitori is probably #2. That MUGEN oc is huge (literally in yohane's work).

And she's actually in this doujin too! That's her on the cover and on page 8.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Awesome stuff, always looking forward to more Yohane.

joined Dec 27, 2014

They used a fan-made character hooray!

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I can't read Chinese character but I think the hiragana in the title page says "Yoyo no HAshi" not "Hoshi".

btw, kneesocks with school swimsuit is one of the handiwork of God.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ah yes, Mitori is probably #2. That MUGEN oc is huge (literally in yohane's work).

And she's actually in this doujin too! That's her on the cover and on page 8.

Ah, I was just trying to make sense who that is...

joined Feb 1, 2013

In case you wanna know http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fan-made_characters/Mitori_Kawashiro

Yohane hyyyype

So the artist has done a fan doujinshi featuring a fan character... Not sure if this Touhou-ception or not.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I can't read Chinese character but I think the hiragana in the title page says "Yoyo no HAshi" not "Hoshi".

That is correct (the Kanji are the "Touhou Blue Book" part), so changed. Should mean something like "The Bridge, Night After Night", though without kanji it could just as easily be "Chopsticks Passed Down Through Many Generations"

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

"Chopsticks Passed Down Through Many Generations"

Eww...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eww...

Tableware is a pretty common heirloom here in the west too, y'know.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

YAY MORE YOHANE!!!!!

I LOVE the way she draws expressions, just so happy.

Is the couple on page 10 someone in particular or just two random kappas?

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Eww...

Tableware is a pretty common heirloom here in the west too, y'know.

True, but I'm imagining bamboo chopstick. Like, the disposable one... so, eww...

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

I'm always excited to see a new work of Yohane ^^ It's so nice and warm.. I especially dig Yohane's Kanako and Suwako.
Does anyone know the person besides Orin and Yuugi? Looks somewhat similar to Reimu, but I don't know her.

Btw: The original title 相隔的彼端 is propably read as "Soukakutekikaretan" and might mean something along the lines "Being seperated from one's other part". Makes sense to me, though, even a native Japanese i asked does not know how to read it or the proper translation.

Edit: Oh wait, that title is probably from a chinese translation and kept in this version?

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 11:50AM

joined Oct 13, 2013

Does anyone know the person besides Orin and Yuugi? Looks somewhat similar to Reimu, but I don't know her.

The person besides Orin and Yuugi is, as already mentioned in previous posts, Sendai Hakurei no Miko, another fan-made Touhou character.

If I'm not mistaken, she is Reimu's mother in Yohane's fictions.

I think those are supposed to be Nitori and Mitori's parents.

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 2:39PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The person besides Orin and Yuugi is, as already mentioned in previous posts, Sendai Hakurei no Miko, another fan-made Touhou character.

If I'm not mistaken, she is Reimu's mother in Yohane's fictions.

I think those are supposed to be Nitori and Mitori's parents.

I'm assuming they're both Nitori's parents since only one of them is Mitori's.

joined Oct 13, 2013

Ah yes, I forgot that MItori is half-kappa. Although judging from their clothing, I would guess that they are both Mitori's parents, since one of them is dressed in very human looking clothes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah yes, I forgot that MItori is half-kappa. Although judging from their clothing, I would guess that they are both Mitori's parents, since one of them is dressed in very human looking clothes.

Isn't Nitori the younger one? I took it that the human parent was gone for whatever reason by the time she came along, but maybe kappa mom NTR'd human mom, and they got back together?

joined Oct 13, 2013

Isn't Nitori the younger one? I took it that the human parent was gone for whatever reason by the time she came along, but maybe kappa mom NTR'd human mom, and they got back together?

We probably also need to consider the fact that Yohane most likely has her own interpretation/version of Mitori. I mean, the Touhouwiki says that Mitori lived with her mother in the human village, but she seems to be living together with Nitori at the mountain in this doujin.

joined Jul 20, 2011

Eww...

These chopsticks have been passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Not saying much given the Touhou fandom's general opinion of OCs >_>

There's also Kinoko Masha, from Kimiko Muffin's webcomic

last edited at Jan 16, 2015 11:30AM

joined Apr 14, 2013

Another good one by yohane :D

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Eww...

These chopsticks have been passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Alchemy, muscle and now disposable chopsticks. You really are a freak Major Armstrong.

last edited at Jan 16, 2015 4:26AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Yohane hyyyype

it's the first time i see Mitori, she's a great character with great background,
the image of her on the wiki is totally zun style, it's difficult to believe it isn't his work

kanako here has snake eyes, i can't remember if that was canon for her,
usually only the vampires have eyes like that in touhou manga (but it's not canon, remilia has normal eyes in zun's drawing in th5 , i don't know about the sister, i never see the phantasm stage)

last edited at Jan 16, 2015 6:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.