Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah but if you watch the first trailers you would believe in high subtext and that the series is about those two girls, now I understand the reasons why they're apart right now and they will most likely find each others again after Kukuru gets some character development. But there's this guy who's practically living for Kukuru, he has no personality whatsoever he's just nice and says yes whenever she needs helps no matter what, Kukuru only sees him as a friend, and if she's going to Tokyo to live her dream, he now decides that he wants to study the same thing and work in the same place, so basically he won't leave her alone until she love him back.

So I think they will play the "look at all the things he did for you!" card because they made him flawless... He's just waiting there

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

hmm, on one hand the studio has done anime with romance in them without having to pretend is something else, like Nagi-Asu and Iroduko (one about the sea and the other features sea life imaginery funny enough)

on the other, they also did another "working girls" slice of life before, Hanasaku Iroha, and that one got heavy on the romance later on...

meh, regarless o wheref Aquatope ends on the subtext scale, i don't think the crush the dude has on Kukuro will go beyond a confession that gets turned down.

joined May 29, 2020

Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 ep 1 had two little moments and more of the regular in Jahy-sama.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hey! look what I found, an animated yuri series made in Korea, called Geu Yeoreum
In a small Korean town, two 18-year-old girls, Suyi and Yi-gyeong, fall in love, dreaming of moving to Seoul together after graduation.
Here's the trailer https://youtu.be/0D8UK0z42ig and a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcRJWsj9GQ

But I have no way no watch the episodes! no fansub or stream service that works for me...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Selection Project is starting out fairly well. And Seira sure seems to have feelings for Suzune

As far as last season goes, Blue Reflection had a few strongly implied couples and some others that were quite shippable, Love Live has a lot of viable ships, Maidragon exists... MagiReco didn't focus on the yuri, but I genuinely think it was the best thing airing

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Yuuki Yuuna at it again. Tougou still loves Yuuna (gotta love the nose bleed give away) and will not put up with her getting hurt (even if she isn't actually hurt).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Go watch Yakunara Mug Cup mo Season 2 !

There's really little chance to see explicit yuri in Jahy sama, but in episode 09 you can tell which one could have it in such case haha, well, it's clearly a yuri crush imo (and nope, not with Jahy)...... Then again, this is from the same mangaka who's making the yuri story Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki! and several other yuri works!

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 7:55PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

I watched Mo Dao Zu Shi last week and it's really good. (Also known as The Founder of Diabolism!) It's not yuri, it's BL, if you ok with that it's def worth it.
Also I heard the novel book is even better and more explicit. Maybe I'll look for it later.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Hey! look what I found, an animated yuri series made in Korea, called Geu Yeoreum
In a small Korean town, two 18-year-old girls, Suyi and Yi-gyeong, fall in love, dreaming of moving to Seoul together after graduation.
Here's the trailer https://youtu.be/0D8UK0z42ig and a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcRJWsj9GQ

But I have no way no watch the episodes! no fansub or stream service that works for me...

Wow, nice find. Please keep us posted if you figure out how to see it!

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Wow, nice find. Please keep us posted if you figure out how to see it!

According to MAL, the first ep aired two days ago (https://myanimelist.net/anime/49982/Geu_Yeoreum), so that explains why you couldn't any stream for it. That being said I did a basic search and didn't find anything. Hopefully something pops up soon.

joined May 29, 2020

In Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 ep 7 confirmed the little sister has a crush on her female senpai (the same senpai prown to groping so seems like a bright future for those two).

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Is this thread dead? Well, it can't be helped. The last two seasons were very low on yuri. I hope they announce some sort of yuri anime in the future.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It is pretty much, we're getting subtext here and there but nothing more than that, maid dragon had more yuri with Kanna than the main couple and we'll get pseudo yuris in the next seasons... Plus I'm tired of the idol animes because they're idols, they can't never date. I was going to give Selection project a chance because it looked pretty nice but then I realized it was a reality show and they would be filmed 24/7... I found that super creepy and dropped the anime asap!

And next year only Machikado Mazoku s2 could save the world, but I already know what's gonna happen from the manga... Is yuri anime truly dead now?

By the way this season I'm watching Mug Cup s2, Komi san, Blue Period and yuuki yuuna, these are all good!! I want to wach Mieruko chan too but, because it's really creepy I don't feel like watching it during my breaks to eat or very late at night, I never get the timing so I just watch vtubers Y-Y I also dropped Aquatope because of the bait, I said this before, just waiting to see how it ends first.

The best thing out there right now is Arcane from League of Legends and that's not anime.

PS: GIrl's Frontline and Arknight anime trailer surprised us with female leads, Arknights is 90% confirmed but yeah... there's that for next year

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 5:42PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

I was going to give Selection project a chance because it looked pretty nice but then I realized it was a reality show and they would be filmed 24/7... I found that super creepy and dropped the anime asap!

I'll just say, Selection Project has turned out to be surprisingly amazing.
Amazing art and voice acting (especially ep 6), the plot is pretty great (very simple, but great), all the characters are great, and it's got great songs
My main complaint is that all but one (Uta) look way too old. But that's basically any anime nowadays.
Also, the 24/7 filming is extra creepy considering their median age is 14 (although, it's not even mentioned after 2 so I forgot it's even a thing)

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

That Isekia Assasin yuri anime will probably air next year, and LL -selt-insert edition- too.

joined Jan 7, 2018

That Isekia Assasin yuri anime will probably air next year, and LL -selt-insert edition- too.

What is title for this Isekai yuri assassin anime?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What is title for this Isekai yuri assassin anime?

The Executionner and her way of life

joined Jan 1, 2014

Winter is already less than a month away, so hoping to see more all-girl shows(and less boring than Pride of orange)

Princess connect s2 - Male mc, but he is pretty much braindead. Peco x Kyaru needs to keep going strong.

Leadale no Daichi nite - Girl mc Isekia

Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san - FeMC, no idea if it has important male characters.

Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku - Girl making friends at an all-girl school.

SLOW LOOP - Kirara show. A whole season without them was just cruel.

Hakozume: Kouban Joshi no Gyakushuu - female cop show

Dolls' Frontline - all-girl sci-fi action

CUE! - mobile game about voice actors

Tabi Hani - ????

Sorairo Utility - Shitty sport, but atleast its an all-female sports show?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh yes! AKEBI CHAN IS SOOOOO GOOD!!! well, at least the manga is, if they make a good adaptation we'll have one of the bests animes with subtext ever created ... But the latest chapters of the manga have been dangerously close to yuri, and not just one character but 3

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Kaijin Kaihatsu-bu no Kuroitsu-san - FeMC, no idea if it has important male characters.

Oh, this one is weird. The main character's direct boss is male and around a lot, but never really focused on. ...And the second-most important character, the wolfgirl, is mentally male and just stuck in a female body. Not sure whether the way it's handled counts as transphobic or not

joined Jan 1, 2014

Oh, this one is weird. The main character's direct boss is male and around a lot, but never really focused on. ...And the second-most important character, the wolfgirl, is mentally male and just stuck in a female body. Not sure whether the way it's handled counts as transphobic or not

So similar to Ayashiki triangle. Ye, hoping it wont be transphobic. But we will see how they handle it.

joined Jan 1, 2014

One of the idols in Selection project has a canon girlfriend.

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

last edited at Dec 3, 2021 4:19PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

It's the same girl we saw giving chocolates in a flashback in episode 4. I thought it was supposed to show that she wasn't into girls but I'm so happy it wasn't

joined Jan 7, 2018

One of the idols in Selection project has a canon girlfriend.

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

Thanks for drilling us a small hole of yuri light in this room of gloomy yuri-less season.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Mieruko-chan has been pretty gay so far.

Hana really loves butts.

last edited at Dec 10, 2021 8:22AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.