Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Vankomycin posted:

Looks like this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/theres_a_ghost_behind_that_gyaru_ch11

Might be missing page 112. The page list jumps from 111 to 113.

Thanks, fixed!

C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night, chapter 11 seems to have gotten swapped out for something which is, uh, Not That.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

b0undarybreaker posted:

A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night, chapter 11 seems to have gotten swapped out for something which is, uh, Not That.

Fixed, thank you.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Since we were talking about tags, I just wanted to throw this out there:
Isn't the Glasses tag a bit useless? I mean it isn't always applied where needed (if it was it would probably tag like half the chapters/images on this site), and it doesn't really narrow anything down the way other tags do since it's so prevalent.
Am guessing it was originally made when it was more of a fetish (maybe less so these days?), but eventually became utilitarian in just marking characters wearing glasses.

Sorry if this was previously discussed already, also I have nothing personal against the Glasses tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

EnjoyTheNoise posted:

Possible Duplicates?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strange_love
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/weird_love

Fixed, thanks!

Young Blasarius posted:

I believe that the status of this work should be changed from "Ongoing" to "Completed". According to the MangaUpdates page, Chapter 21 is the final chapter.

Um...hmm. I think there may have been a reason for that, but I'll change it back for now. Thanks!

shadesan posted:

Since we were talking about tags, I just wanted to throw this out there:
Isn't the Glasses tag a bit useless? I mean it isn't always applied where needed (if it was it would probably tag like half the chapters/images on this site), and it doesn't really narrow anything down the way other tags do since it's so prevalent.
Am guessing it was originally made when it was more of a fetish (maybe less so these days?), but eventually became utilitarian in just marking characters wearing glasses.

Sorry if this was previously discussed already, also I have nothing personal against the Glasses tag.

I don't think there are that many items missing the tag, and to the extent there are, I'd be heartily surprised if it would more than double the use of the tag (currently like ~2% of chapters seem to be tagged with it). However, you're basically right that at some point it was a fetish thing and then it got all muddled and may have lost its luster.

Unfortunately this isn't really one for me to take on - what does it even mean for glasses to be fetishized? do some people love just normal stories with glasses girls? etc. - but I'll note it down and expect it'll come up behind closed doors in a few months' time.

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 3:16PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

do some people love just normal stories with glasses girls?

OF COURSE THEY DO?!

...Or so I've heard, anyway
Definitely not talking about myself here

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Is this the appropriate place to tell you a series has been licensed? Because it turns out "I am not a Succubus!" has been licensed by Seven Seas, and the first volume is slated for release on 5/3/2022.

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 4:11PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I called an aetist Muramuramuramura Hito because of how their twitter username is spelled, but it should probably be Muramura Hito lol

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Unfortunately this isn't really one for me to take on - what does it even mean for glasses to be fetishized? do some people love just normal stories with glasses girls? etc. - but I'll note it down and expect it'll come up behind closed doors in a few months' time.

Please don't. Girls with glasses is what keep me going on.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Maybe you should edit glasses into pekoes profile picture to convince them and upload it here.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

YES! MORE ALLIES!

...Not that I would care of course lol

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

In what order do items appear when I add them to my Reading Lists? I can't tell if it's by date added to my list or release date or something else entirely.

Is there any plan to add the option to alphabetize them?

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 3:40PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuki Kitsune posted:

In what order do items appear when I add them to my Reading Lists? I can't tell if it's by date added to my list or release date or something else entirely.

Is there any plan to add the option to alphabetize them?

They're ordered by whatever date they were posted on the site. I definitely would like that option; I only recently started using lists and I think sorting options is a top priority.

Edit: Is it standard to get rid of anything associated with a manga that gets pulled from the reader? I had occasion to go looking for Ikenai Hito recently, and I just realized that it looks as if all associated discussion also vanished.

Hmm...no, it's not standard at all. Some threads may be hidden from public view for any number of reasons, but unless they were legally forced to, I can't think of why discussion threads would be remove entirely for content no longer on the reader. I did search and I found this? And this and that. Is that everything...?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Hmm...no, it's not standard at all. Some threads may be hidden from public view for any number of reasons, but unless they were legally forced to, I can't think of why discussion threads would be remove entirely for content no longer on the reader. I did search and I found this? And this and that. Is that everything...?

Ah, are those discussions for individual chapters/one-shots? If there wasn't a page for the collection, that might explain it. Not sure how to search for a discussion page. Nothing came up when I tried the reader's search function.

I try to keep Licensed material that's no longer on the site in a separate List when I can, for reference.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 5:31PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Why don't we keep the pages for all works removed from the reader (like this) again? It'd make easier to find those orphaned threads...
On the same topic, I'm not sure there're enough cases to justify this, but maybe we can use a Licensed tag or something so we can spot those more promptly?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Why don't we keep the pages for all works removed from the reader (like this) again? It'd make easier to find those orphaned threads...
On the same topic, I'm not sure there're enough cases to justify this, but maybe we can use a Licensed tag or something so we can spot those more promptly?

That works for collections where there's a landing page, but for oneshots you would go straight to the first page, which is no longer there. That's what confused me on Ikenai Hito -- it looks these were released as oneshots, so they would no longer be an active link.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Hey mods, I just suggested the stalking tag for this manga but I accidentally hit the button for just chapter 1, when I meant to suggest that tag for the whole thing. Is there a way to remove your own suggestions?

(Disregard this message, if you'd rather just apply the tag only to chapter 1 anyway, obviously.)

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^No need to remove it, the mods can simply not approve it. :P

Just suggest it again, but for the whole series this time.

By the way, is there any reason why Animal ears isn't used for Konohana Kitan stuff?

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 8:37PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mr. Jones posted:

Hey mods, I just suggested the stalking tag for this manga but I accidentally hit the button for just chapter 1, when I meant to suggest that tag for the whole thing. Is there a way to remove your own suggestions?

(Disregard this message, if you'd rather just apply the tag only to chapter 1 anyway, obviously.)

No worries! We're always keeping this possibility in mind. The series is a bit tricky in that the stalking is very relevant to some stuff early, but then less relevant later...mostly. I'm fine with it as a series tag overall. Thanks!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Having received the following scolding:

Your mockery of 0economist afterwards is no good either.

I'd appreciate a specific citation my "mockery" of Oeconomist so as to avoid no-goodness in the future.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Taking the rest in reverse order. Thanks for the bot reports! They're all dead.

Salinthrous posted:

Is this the appropriate place to tell you a series has been licensed? Because it turns out "I am not a Succubus!" has been licensed by Seven Seas, and the first volume is slated for release on 5/3/2022.

Yes, thank you! We'll follow whatever the scanlator(s) choose to do for this one.

juanelric posted:

I called an aetist Muramuramuramura Hito because of how their twitter username is spelled, but it should probably be Muramura Hito lol

Noted.

bubuu posted:

Maybe you should edit glasses into pekoes profile picture to convince them and upload it here.

That would help the cause, for sure!

Yuki Kitsune posted:

That works for collections where there's a landing page, but for oneshots you would go straight to the first page, which is no longer there. That's what confused me on Ikenai Hito -- it looks these were released as oneshots, so they would no longer be an active link.

Absolutely correct. Outside of replacing licensed oneshots with empty dummy chapters (which has drawbacks (though they may be worth it anyway)), there's not much to do besides remove them.

In general, we do have and use a Licensed tag regularly, which is searchable as well. Flower and the Star is not licensed, and the artist has not followed up on her desire to release an English language version at any point since the announcement, as far as I know. Unfortunate, but mayhaps a Removed from the reader tag would be apt as well.

You may find anything on the site, I think, by using this Google search templace. I use it for the forums often, personally.

juanelric posted:

^No need to remove it, the mods can simply not approve it. :P

Just suggest it again, but for the whole series this time.

Ah, this is also totally valid!

By the way, is there any reason why Animal ears isn't used for Konohana Kitan stuff?

I have no idea, to be honest.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Is a Small Breasts tag possible? There's a Big Breasts tag, so I figured, why not?

Young Blasarius
F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

Is a Small Breasts tag possible? There's a Big Breasts tag, so I figured, why not?

Flat is Justice tag when

To reply you must either login or sign up.