Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

MZH posted:

It would be useful if clicking on the forum topic button for a chapter went to the first unread post instead of the first post--the same way clicking on topic titles in the forum works.

Yeah...totally agree. I'll pass it along.

In the mean time, the Dynasty Thingifier userscript adds this functionality for anyone who doesn't want to wait for a site update.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Does the forum support strike-thru text? I don't see it in the markdown guide.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Enclose whatever text you wanna strike through with ~~ on either side.

Like so.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks Vanko.

Doctor_Hoot posted:

On the upload request page, Binbou Scanlations is spelled as "Bibnou Scanlations"

Hmm....

juanelric posted:

Maybe if Shapeshifting was a tag it would benefit this post?
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/20824

Valid point.

Karretch posted:

I have a question regarding about series subscriptions. For some reason over the past few months I noticed some manga I follow and subscribe to for notifications are randomly/automatically being unsubscribed from my account. Is this a feature or a bug?

No, that's a bug. Are you able to share any further info, like what series, artists, etc. that's happening on/to? Are they the same ones repetitiously, or new ones each time? Thank you!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Important Notice for MangaDex users and Scanlation Errors Fixed have been dropped from the sticky list. Any errors are welcome to be reported here, as always. This brings us from 10 stickies to 8. At year's end we'll probably shuffle a bit to get that number back down to 6. Have added 4 previously unannounced tags as well:

Duplicate (When two translations of the same work are hosted for whatever reason)
3D
Smoking (May be paired with Drugs)
Tag me mommy (aka No tags) (I believe I've tagged everything with no tags already, so please don't strain yourself!)

Suggestions open for any/all. Thanks!

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 3:40PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Still hoping for that Foe yay tag. But thanks for your efforts otherwise!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Enclose whatever text you wanna strike through with ~~ on either side.

Like so.

Grazie

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I may have asked before, but are gacha game cards (or card artwork in general) allowed in the site? Because Idolmaster and Senran Kagura have some very Yuri-ish ones:

This one might be a better example:

This is in the site, and I don't think it's too different from cards.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 5:42PM

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

As for suggesting tags, maybe it would be useful to add optional field to add comment? So when suggesting new tag, user could clarify why they think it applies, for example: "on page 17 X happens, therefore Y tag should work" or "image source mentions that it's X so maybe we should add X tag".

As for the tags, maybe villainess would be worth adding? That way one could access whole villainess stuff at once, but at the same time, usually the title already has "villainess" in it, so that may not be needed at all :D

Edit: to add, maybe it would be worth to add short descriptions on "tag page" what you think a specific tag should apply to? Like, I understand everybody will know what to expect from harem, but let's say - philosophical - is it just some dialogue, some character's monologue, or maybe whole work is just a philosophical piece? I understand it'd be not very high priority, but maybe worth considering as well.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 7:35PM

joined Jul 30, 2020

Tag ideas:
Mistaken Gender is a fairly common premise.
Homophobia for stories dealing with that.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Tag ideas:
Mistaken Gender is a fairly common premise.
Homophobia for stories dealing with that.

While I could see Mistaken Gender being useful in some cases, I could also see it being quite contentious, especially where trans characters are involved. Plus, it's likely to get rejected in cases where it would be a spoiler. (I'd expect a lot of overlap with Tomboy, too.) A tag like that would need clear guidelines for when it should or shouldn't be used, IMO. Possibly useful; possibly troublesome. But that's just my thoughts.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 4:24PM

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

Asking officially, tag idea:
Roleplay

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 2:01PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Change the Incest tag to Wincest please. All fictional incest, barring cases which would apply to non-incest situations as well, is winning by default.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Isn't that just a combination of Yuri/Subtext and Rivals?

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 2:20PM

joined Oct 4, 2016

Isn't that just a combination of Yuri/Subtext and Rivals?

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/729286

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Karretch posted:

I have a question regarding about series subscriptions. For some reason over the past few months I noticed some manga I follow and subscribe to for notifications are randomly/automatically being unsubscribed from my account. Is this a feature or a bug?

No, that's a bug. Are you able to share any further info, like what series, artists, etc. that's happening on/to? Are they the same ones repetitiously, or new ones each time? Thank you!

I can't remember if it's repeated for series, and I can't recall all of them, but it's been new and old ones (related to when I subbed), one example specifically that happened when I commented is the Elite Angel series. I can't recall the other ones, but I'll try and make a list going further.

Edit: Catching up today, Hide Your Tears, You Crybaby is another one that unsubbed for me.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 8:28PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I have another pagination question/observation:
In the forum for 'What's that manga called?' it says there are 116 pages, but there are really 117:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/11660-what-s-that-manga-called?page=117

I imagine if it gets one or two more posts it'll finally flip to 117?

joined Jun 5, 2018

It was especially noticeable for me recently, but wouldnt it be nice for a bunch of uploads of a single series to be somehow contained into one list instead of cluttering the recently added page?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for the tag suggestions, everyone! I do keep a running list and they're brought up whenever we do a batch.

juanelric posted:

I may have asked before, but are gacha game cards (or card artwork in general) allowed in the site?

Yes, they are.

EnjoyTheNoise posted:

As for suggesting tags, maybe it would be useful to add optional field to add comment? So when suggesting new tag, user could clarify why they think it applies, for example: "on page 17 X happens, therefore Y tag should work" or "image source mentions that it's X so maybe we should add X tag".

Agreed.

Karretch posted:

I can't remember if it's repeated for series, and I can't recall all of them, but it's been new and old ones (related to when I subbed), one example specifically that happened when I commented is the Elite Angel series. I can't recall the other ones, but I'll try and make a list going further.

Edit: Catching up today, Hide Your Tears, You Crybaby is another one that unsubbed for me.

Thank you for the data! I will do some cross-testing and see what we can find. Hopefully we can sort this quickly.

bubuu posted:

It was especially noticeable for me recently, but wouldnt it be nice for a bunch of uploads of a single series to be somehow contained into one list instead of cluttering the recently added page?

Yes, it would be! Think this may be coming sooner rather than later, with any luck.

shadesan posted:

In the forum for 'What's that manga called?' it says there are 116 pages, but there are really 117:

Thank you! It seems to get messy once we go into triple digits or so...Should be fixed soon.,

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Thank you! It seems to get messy once we go into triple digits or so...Should be fixed soon.,

About this, I noticed that, if you try to skip to the last page of a thread where the last page is full (I think 30 posts are the limit), it'll instead take you to the next page, even though thete's no next page.

F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

I believe that the status of this work should be changed from "Ongoing" to "Completed". According to the MangaUpdates page, Chapter 21 is the final chapter.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

Young Blasarius posted:

I believe that the status of this work should be changed from "Ongoing" to "Completed". According to the MangaUpdates page, Chapter 21 is the final chapter.

fyi you can suggest these tags directly
https://i.imgur.com/Z74bm2s.png

joined Oct 4, 2016

Looks like this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/theres_a_ghost_behind_that_gyaru_ch11

Might be missing page 112. The page list jumps from 111 to 113.

To reply you must either login or sign up.