Forum › Sister Play discussion

joined May 30, 2015

super cute :3! i love seeing marimite doujins

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

New noriko x shimako doujin! Bless! I really should do a marimite rewatch soon. It's been so long

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Marimite in 2021. Yup, this year's totally weird. (Not that I disliked the doujin, though.)

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I was a huge marimite fan back in the early 2000's and I had a giant crush on Shimako so this is right up my alley :P . It's always fun to see new marimite fan stuff .

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Marimite in 2021. Yup, this year's totally weird. (Not that I disliked the doujin, though.)

I literally had ZERO interest in yuri anything before reading Marimite. Interestingly, after I heard of it, I couldn't find it in English and I didn't want to spend a couple months painstakingly reading the Japanese original. Then I found a version in French. So all the soeur stuff was literally like "Soeur in French is Soeur" which is amusing, or "Your little sister, which means little sister." But anyway, Marimite was so well-written I looked for other stuff like it and it was all manga and doujins I think Strawberry Panic was next and then Oneesama E and Utena and then Sailor Moon (to understand the doujins) and so on. Then I found people like Morinaga Milk, etc.

I discovered a French version of Welcome to the NHK about that time and it was well-written too, but for some reason I got the idea fixed in my head that the yuri writers tended to be extraordinarily talented. And the writers from Morinaga Milk going forward really were.

I have watched and rewatched Maria-sama ga Miteru the series, and the live action version was the very first movie in Japanese that I watched without any subtitles and understood the whole movie. My conviction that Japanese yuri writers are amazing hasn't changed, although it's been tempered.

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

I finally watched marimite a few weeks ago and shimako/noriko was my fav pair so im literally ascending seeing this doujin

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I literally had ZERO interest in yuri anything before reading Marimite. Interestingly, after I heard of it, I couldn't find it in English and I didn't want to spend a couple months painstakingly reading the Japanese original. Then I found a version in French. So all the soeur stuff was literally like "Soeur in French is Soeur" which is amusing, or "Your little sister, which means little sister." But anyway, Marimite was so well-written I looked for other stuff like it and it was all manga and doujins I think Strawberry Panic was next and then Oneesama E and Utena and then Sailor Moon (to understand the doujins) and so on. Then I found people like Morinaga Milk, etc.

I discovered a French version of Welcome to the NHK about that time and it was well-written too, but for some reason I got the idea fixed in my head that the yuri writers tended to be extraordinarily talented. And the writers from Morinaga Milk going forward really were.

I have watched and rewatched Maria-sama ga Miteru the series, and the live action version was the very first movie in Japanese that I watched without any subtitles and understood the whole movie. My conviction that Japanese yuri writers are amazing hasn't changed, although it's been tempered.

I'm not debating if Marimite is good or not, just saying it's pretty dated. Same with Strawberry Panic! and many others from early 2000's. But I'm not saying they don't have their relevance/importance/impact, so I think you misinterpreted what I said.

We still have a lot of clichés and tropes in a lot of GL/BL media, so I wouldn't say these authors are "amazing." Of course, I'm not saying they aren't good either, just that I have other opinion regarding their works.

(Plus, for NHK ni Youkoso!, I think it's still pretty actual and relevant nowadays, even for a series from the early 2000's.)

64caf7b2-896b-4409-975b-cb83b31b664b
joined Mar 29, 2018

Happy to find new marimite stuff in 2021. I wish there’s a season 5

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dsr: Awesome. Marimite in 2021: Awesome. It's only 20 pages: Very distressing. Still a cute little story tho!

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ah, Marimite. After all this time I am still in awe how Konno managed to string her audience along for years, constantly hinting at actual romance between the girls throughout dozens of novels, only to end the series without even one couple arising. That has to count for something.

Really, even this doujin goes much further than Konno was ever prepared to go. Well, I still love Marirmite though. My crush was not on Shimako though, but on Yumi. Yup, I like my waifus goofy.

last edited at Nov 8, 2021 12:53PM

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Hoooh wow this doujin being released in 2007-2008... The art quality was already so great. Thanks for translation!!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Marimie was MY LIFE! I had all the fan translations of all the episode, the legit DVDs, the freakin' soundtracks and a replica of Yumi's hair ribbons! I don't wear them (anymore)

Screenshot_20200715-165719_1_1
joined Jan 1, 2019

You... used to wear Yumi's ribbons? (puppy eyes)

Welp, time to rewatch the whole thing. Or maybe read the novels?

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Wow, who pulled this out of the 2000's historical yuri vault?! Was a big time Marimite fan here as well, this was nice to read. Thanks for the scanlation! ♡

last edited at Nov 9, 2021 2:03PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ah, this takes me back...

I will never accept Shimako becoming a nun. Noriko should have gone Full Maupin on that entire turn of events.

51535f6b11
joined Dec 4, 2013

I wrote up a summary of the chapter in the book that this doujinshi is based on because I thought it'd be nice for the readers ' curiosity and so that nobody feels that this will be too inaccessible, especially since Shimako's brother does not make an appearance in the anime. I think this chapter is full of interesting things and developments to take note of too.
https://pastebin.com/GTLLFRgk

Screenshot_20200715-165719_1_1
joined Jan 1, 2019

Thank you for your hard work :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.