Forum › Image Comments

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^Hmm that's strange, but in fairness I think Dodas is making fun of people that were all for the ship and are now are acting like they never liked it to begin with.

joined Sep 27, 2017
Faqmpxdvqaqhsdr-orig

The whole thing with Talulah is still weird to me for a few reasons, but spoilers and all that. I'll just focus on the cute art instead I think.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019
Faaljhyvcagf01g-orig

this is so hot....I mean...gross! this is so gross!

joined Sep 28, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^Yeah that was my intention, sorry i didn't had a account because i usually don't comment on the site, i just come here to read the Yuri content, just decided to make a comment because that's something i've been noticing a lot these last days in the Hololive fandom

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020
80482123_p1

^Wow. That's actually hot. Good Crossick stuff.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020
80482123_p1

@Galim ok now that's indeed pretty hot

joined Dec 18, 2016
Fagcshcvibake7u-orig

@Lilliwyt that's more of a Mira thing

last edited at Sep 28, 2021 10:17PM

5e913bf389a7530e4224cd100c94facc
joined Nov 24, 2019
Dolhzwjuwaiujs_-orig

Love these two. <3

joined Dec 18, 2016
Fagcshcvibake7u-orig

@thechampionmike95 that's true, but I think she also loves Elma, but either not realize it yet or her love to Kobayashi just bigger. This reminds me a bit of the relationship between Araragi and Hanekawa.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019
93048250_p0

that body...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

As someone that got into Hololive precisely because of Takamori, I must say this is n extremely disappointing turn of events. I think most people saw it coming but I still had hoped for them to be able to work things out but it wasn't the case.

I can't blame Kiara for wanting to be more than just Calli's crazy love interest but the way she did it, well it wasn't the best. She took off the veil that kept Vtubers separate from regular streamers and I simply won't be able to see her and Calli in the same way. I wish them both all the best but whatever comes next is not something I'm interested in seeing, is just not the same, and I do not like the idea of seeing Kiara having new "canon" ships because I can't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

The upside is that breaking the link between the character and the performer means that I can keep enjoying Takamori fan works (for as long as keep doing them, at least) by taking them as if they were just another couple from a manga or an anime and ignore completely the existence of their RL counterparts.

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021
80246988_p0

Is this their fdf design?

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

^ Were twins. As far as I can tell, the lore says that one of them died, and may be possessing the other, or the other may just be suffering from multiple personality disorder.

De8f36554faa66ff1cbf28142164fa13
joined Apr 20, 2020
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Holy shi-

Sufficient Agony
03e[1]
joined Jan 31, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

I might have been alone in divorcing the characters they are playing from whom they actually are when they aren't streaming...

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018
E0wamp2wuauseps-orig

Love the embarrassed expressions in this, reine so cute

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

@Dark_Tzitzimine honestly, i feel the same way, like the way she said it, it just throwed the possibility that everything they do can be just an act, she said that she wants to do other "ships" but like...no...why do you want to do that if your feelings are not real?, i'm not saying that she should force herself to have these feelings but like...if you just don't really feel it...then just don't do it? Even if it's just her character, she is still a real person with real feelings, why do you want People to get invested on other ships if you literally just shoved on everyone's face that it was all just acting?
personally this just broke the immersion of Vtubers for me, i won't be able to watch it the same way i watched before, now everything they do just seem fake...idk

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^no but seriously what part of "performing artists" wasn't computing for you in the first place? You don't expect the actors in whatever series you're currently watching to "really" feel the emotions and relationships and whatever they're portraying either, do you?
That's just basic entertainement reality check.

I might add that only too often when I see people commenting on VTubers here I legitimately cannot tell to what degree they're just playing along with the relevant kayfabe and how much they've allowed weird wisful thinking and "shipping" to erode the ever-important reality/fiction filter that distinguishes the actor from the role.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 1:52AM

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^Wathever man, all i'm saying is that they are still streamers who constantly interact with their viewers and with other talents, you can't compare that to shows/series because there's literally no script they have to follow besides their basic "character" aspects, supposedly

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:07AM

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^I quite fail to see what is supposed to fundamentally change with the different medium and degree of interaction. Plus live performers are a thing too and routinely interact with their audiences while donning one role or another on the stage.
Tell me - exactly what difference is it supposed to make that the stage is a virtual forum instead of a structure in a hall or a park?

Lowkey suspecting you might need a dose of certain healthy cynicism regarding the scripting aspect, too.

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^Ok

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:13AM

joined Sep 27, 2017
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Welp things took a turn here I see. I don't know why people are having such a crisis of faith with this situation. Basically expect Vtubers to have some genuineness to their friendships, their personality in their characters, however you shouldn't expect anything from things like ships. I've been around Takamori since day one and it was super obvious to me that it was something Kiara did for fun but not out of any seriousness.

Also everyone has different sides to them, different masks they wear for different people. Don't expect to truly know everything about anyone, and especially don't expect that from entertainers you don't personally know. Remember that at the end of the day they have a life outside of their streaming and are a person outside of the character they put on for streaming. This can be said for streamers who just use a camera as well.

I've been separating the streamer from the person they are outside of streaming since day one, and so I'm not having any crisis of faith here. I'm not at all understanding how this situation ruins Vtubers for people and the immersion of the character.

Edit 2: I removed "but alas maybe people needed the reality check", because it's not my intent to be rude and I realize the wording is harsher than I meant. So I'll instead say, maybe people needed to realize there's more to the streamer outside of their streaming persona. Their character is just one of many sides of who they are. Hopefully this reflects my thoughts a bit better, and doesn't sound rude.

Edit: I would say I understand some of where Buscoito is coming from. Vtubers are a mix of a person and a character, more than a TV/Movie character and actor most of the time anyhow. I would say I agree with some of what Random is saying but disagree with other aspects, like if you seriously think Vtubers are scripted that's legitimately wild.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:39AM

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021
Fadxexuucaqqlkf-orig

I love

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

@Random

I think we all are aware of the fact that ultimately, they're actors. But having the cover of the virtual persona gave them a degree of plausible deniability that let you think "what if is actually real?" Especially with the way Kiara always came off as being legitimately into Calli and girls in general, and even Calli's dere moments worked into it. All of this created a very unique scenario where you could see and interact with fictional characters in a way you rarely see.

But once that Kiara comes out and says that everything is just an act, well, then they're just another streamer for the pile and at least for me, I can no longer see their interactions with each other as anything but just another part of their job.

Oh and your suggestion of "Healthy cynicism" just comes off as being a party pooper that can't see anything without looking for things to smugly say "Is fake". And I think that is such an awful way of living.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:29AM

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

@FluffyCow Well then i think i was just enjoying Vtubers in the wrong way i guess, i think i was just convinced by their roles that i tought they were more of themselves on stream, i apologize if i said something wrong and made anyone upset

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:30AM

This topic has been locked.