Forum › A Yuri Manga That Starts With Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

(bangs fists on table)

CUTE IDIOTS ONLY

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Hijikini deleted it because of some negative reactions for adding a molester in the story. The scene is on the busy train and some ugly old guy unhooks hinoka's bra. Tsukushi rescued her quickly but the man received no punishment in the end. Tho I think its supposed to have a continuation. But hijiki already deleted it and decided to create a different plot for Hinoka and Tsukushi in the future chapters. It's a little sad because the deleted chapter have 8 pages. But I'm still fine with it since I'm really disturb with the theme lol.

OK, then it's kinda understandable, since, as Zormau said in his reply, this does clash with the general feel of the story thus far.

joined Mar 24, 2021

I think I managed to see the continuation (at least it was marked 2/2). It was after they both left the train and Tsukushi seemed to comfort Hinoka and hug her, with some blushing during the hug, I think there was mention to the bra being unhooked which may have been what prompted the blushing. My Japanese is terrible though and I only know very few kanjis, so I may be completely off base with what happened. I also only skimmed it sadly, as I was waiting on the translation. Sad to read it was taken down though understandable, I suppose.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 6:54PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think I managed to see the continuation (at least it was marked 2/2). It was after they both left the train and Tsukushi seemed to comfort Hinoka and hug her, with some blushing during the hug, I think there was mention to the bra being unhooked which may have been what prompted the blushing. My Japanese is terrible though and I only know very few kanjis, so I may be completely off base with what happened. I also only skimmed it sadly, as I was waiting on the translation. Sad to read it was taken down though understandable, I suppose.

The 2/2 was technically because it was eight pages over two tweets.
I got the written translation here: https://pastebin.com/4cAjhb6S
Currently debating if it's something we should typeset or just leave in the void.
To summarise:
Tsukushi and Hinoka get seperated in a crowded train, and Tsukushi holds off on trying to squeeze past the other passengers to get to her. Then she spots chikanman and comes to her rescue, shooing him away as they leave the train. As Hinoka is reeling over the incident, Tsukushi blames herself for leaving Hinoka on her own and comforts her, at which point she discovers Hinoka's bra had been unhooked, leading Tsukushi to once again curse chikan man as she takes her to the bathroom.
I would imagine the second part would've involved some gay hijinks involving Tsukushi trying to fix Hinoka's bra, which admittedly would've caused tonal whiplash potentially worse than what the chapter itself already had.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 9:04PM

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

I got the written translation here: https://pastebin.com/4cAjhb6S
Currently debating if it's something we should typeset or just leave in the void.

Thank you very much for the translation.

I think I can guess what the mangaka might have been trying to do, namely provide a shift to a maturing, cherishing feeling between them based not on infatuation but on dealing with something hard in the world.

However, I can certainly see why it would alarm people and since I haven't seen the images, I am probably wrong.

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

another useless lesbian! ugh you moron! why so dense?!

Ihopethetriangleskillme
joined Aug 27, 2021

Lol, this is exactly how I realized that I was attracted to my friend except in the dream she was coming on to me instead of rejecting me. Now we're dating so I hope this continues so I can see the same thing happen to these two :')

Yo my man hope you both of you have many fruitful years ahead!

Technicolor_disturbance_by_kancano-d31lywi
joined Dec 5, 2019

I feel like thighs are even worse than boobs in touching regard.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

These two give me a feeling of 'idiot couple' but then not really. It's hard to pinpoint.

Their expressions and reactions are so good.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Was this dropped by the author?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Was this dropped by the author?

Maybe, possibly, IDK, but I hope not.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 6:45PM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

this is the kind of gay healing i need in my life

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

still waiting for the update :(

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

man is this finished?

Anyone got news on if the manga is gonna get updated?

joined Oct 22, 2018

no

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

Anyone has the author's deleted Chapter 10. I read through the discussions and learnt the Author was backslashed for adding a molester in the story. Normally I would just disagree with any kind of attack on authors but I saw many posts in this thread that agree the author should be backslashed. So I'm doubting myself now.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Anyone has the author's deleted Chapter 10. I read through the discussions and learnt the Author was backslashed for adding a molester in the story. Normally I would just disagree with any kind of attack on authors but I saw many posts in this thread that agree the author should be backslashed. So I'm doubting myself now.

Don't think anyone indicated that "the author should receive backlash". It's an important distinction between "I can see why the fans would be upset since it clashes with the feel of the story" and "That jerk dared add a molester to my bubbly yuri fun time, drag him in front of the grand court of Twitter!"
I don't know how much backlash there was. I would have assumed the author reacted more to valid criticism as opposed to torches and pitchforms, but since apparently they haven't continued the series, it must have been quite the shock.

joined Feb 1, 2021

It's still pinned at the top of Hijiki's twitter, so hopefully they haven't totally given up on it.

joined Dec 11, 2021

Any idea if the "forbidden" chapter that was deleted is up somewhere? But yea I understand that cause this work was going all whole and suddenly a molester? Was that chapter 10? Or a previous one that got completely reworked?

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

is there any hope of this coming back :c

last edited at Jan 28, 2022 10:49PM

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013
joined Feb 1, 2021

https://twitter.com/hijikini/status/1493529097989128192

here is a new picture of them

Oh I do want so badly for this series to return

joined Oct 22, 2018

https://twitter.com/hijikini/status/1493529097989128192

here is a new picture of them

Oh I do want so badly for this series to return

same

Kyouko
joined Dec 30, 2017

Good news! Hijiki just said on twitter that she's working on new chapters for this series but it's going to take a bit longer since she got a new yuri series serialized!

To reply you must either login or sign up.