Forum › Kimi wa Shoujo discussion

joined Sep 19, 2019

I actually rather enjoyed this story, it shone a big spotlight on just how fucked up age gap romance stories involving a school kid and adult(usually a teacher, which makes it even worse) really are.
Most of these type of school kid/adult age gap stories tend to fall on the more light hearted/comedic side in order to avoid the uncomfortable implications of them, but once you start reading ones like this you begin to see things unravel.

I'm not shitting on these type of age gap stories btw, I read and enjoy them as much as the next person, but I always try to keep in mind that they're not something to be emulated.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

This is the worst. Glorified pedophilia. The worst. But I'm a terrible shitty human bean so....

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

How the predator woman is all like "welp i've got no sex in 4 years, no adult lespies here and this 14 years old is half-naked" as an excuse to screwed a 14 years old is just...

Imagine if the character is male. Yep.

I have a huge bias. I hate myself.

Why

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

Going thru the biting tag and this gem is here, anyone with a biting kink has to appreciate this doujinshi.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

I mean i enjoyed the piece but its definitely rape. And older lady didnt even feel guilty.

Like shit, as a kid being exposed to that kinda sexual shit, you feel like you dont like it but its also really confusing. Its only as an adult that you kind of come to terms with things are realise that damn you were kinda sullied huh. If my abuser came and said "nah you were beautiful" to me after I sais that id punch him in the face

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

This is so damn frustrating ugh

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

That "I had sex...?" Part in ch3 had me rolling

The questions I rlly wanna know is
Why is she wearing a kimono??

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 3:02PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That "I had sex...?" Part in ch3 had me rolling

The questions I rlly wanna know is
Why is she wearing a kimono??

You mean Kousaka?
I'm not sure I understand your question. This is Japanese manga, with Japanese characters, and kimono is the traditional Japanese attire, so why wouldn't a Japanese woman wear one?
Today, in the big cities, most Japanese dress in western fashion... but in rural areas women who favor the traditional look are not uncommon.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Why do the japanese seem to think suddenly dissappearing from someone's life then reappearing years later is the most romantic thing ever?

joined Aug 23, 2021

Soon as I see the comments, I felt triggered for some reasons. I made this account just for this comment.
I shared the same story with them, I'm not here to justify the action of the older woman but to say this kind of story is possible in real life.
I am from Philippines, I was 13 when I met an older woman as well. It was during the Typhoon Yolanda when we met, my family was a victim and she was a volunteer from the US, she's american-citizen but she's actually a filipino herself. I was fascinated by her, not just me but I think everyone in the center likes her. She's really pretty and nice, she empathize with everyone who lost their loved ones and their homes, she comes every other day to give relief goods. Then outside the center there was this tree standing alone, she approached me there while I was trying to look at the stars. Long story short, we have mutual understandings, 3 months of talking we kissed and that's what made her back off realizing I was just a kid, she was 25 that time.Aside from the gap, we're both girls.
She stopped seeing me every night after that, after another couple of months their team fled from the country. My family finally allowed to go back home, but we moved to manila instead. In 2015 we met again at Red Cross, I got her facebook and we started talking through the social media again. She told me we should not meet up until I'm 18. She waited for me, we're in states now and we're still dating.

I don't think it was a rapey subject for the two characters here. It wasn't stockholm either. I guess the author is just trying to test the water of fate here through age gap and it somehow work out and I really like this because I relate with this.

20230426_020903
joined Jul 19, 2018

Soon as I see the comments, I felt triggered for some reasons. I made this account just for this comment.
I shared the same story with them, I'm not here to justify the action of the older woman but to say this kind of story is possible in real life.
I am from Philippines, I was 13 when I met an older woman as well. It was during the Typhoon Yolanda when we met, my family was a victim and she was a volunteer from the US, she's american-citizen but she's actually a filipino herself. I was fascinated by her, not just me but I think everyone in the center likes her. She's really pretty and nice, she empathize with everyone who lost their loved ones and their homes, she comes every other day to give relief goods. Then outside the center there was this tree standing alone, she approached me there while I was trying to look at the stars. Long story short, we have mutual understandings, 3 months of talking we kissed and that's what made her back off realizing I was just a kid, she was 25 that time.Aside from the gap, we're both girls.
She stopped seeing me every night after that, after another couple of months their team fled from the country. My family finally allowed to go back home, but we moved to manila instead. In 2015 we met again at Red Cross, I got her facebook and we started talking through the social media again. She told me we should not meet up until I'm 18. She waited for me, we're in states now and we're still dating.

I don't think it was a rapey subject for the two characters here. It wasn't stockholm either. I guess the author is just trying to test the water of fate here through age gap and it somehow work out and I really like this because I relate with this.

Your story is so beautiful gosh...

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:45PM

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Rereading this because of the new manga from this artist. I really love this, sometimes passion is irrestible when it's mutual.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Bruh wtf, your story is so beautiful. I hope you and your partner are both well.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

I am from Philippines, I was 13 when I met an older woman as well. It was during the Typhoon Yolanda when we met...

Wow that is amazing

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Good shit yo

joined Apr 16, 2022

Reading the comments thread was almost as fun as the manga itself. I think what trips a lot of people up is that the manga is trying to do multiple things at once. I agree most with the point @Meursault made here:

So, no, the author is not inept. They portrayed it as uncomfortable, most readers feel uncomfortable, and that's absolutely the point. (Though more specifically, it's like, "hot", and "wrong". The eroticism is built on how it feels wrong.)

Kousaka is unambiguously framed as predatory. Chapter 1 ends with her embracing Maki with pacing straight out of a horror manga. She drags Maki into her room after the latter asks to go home, fucks her (and bites her!), takes advantage of her intense crush, then cowardly abandons her. At the end she admits she did all this purely out of lust. The only thing that complicates her character is the implication that she, herself, was abused as a child and so -- perhaps -- is subconsciously trying to retake control by playing the role of her old abuser. We're even shown how her actions continue to impact Maki a decade later, as she is unable to extend romantic intimacy to her own partners.

And yet, Kousaka is not just framed as an abuser. She is, of course, drawn as stunningly beautiful. More than that, her scenes with Maki are highly sexualized. And Maki, herself, holds complicated feelings toward Kousaka. She was greatly hurt by her actions, and says she feels "sullied." At the same time, even with the benefit of hindsight she views her experiences with Kousaka positively, and still holds feelings for her at the end. Kousaka's willingness to break all legal, moral, and ethical boundaries for her own pleasure gives her a certain charisma and seductiveness, at least in Maki's eyes, which is why the ending ambiguously suggests they may end up rekindling their relationship.

In other words, as @themusicman500 says:

The author is presenting an obviously disgusting and awful thing, but leaving open the question of whether there's some beauty to be found in it too despite the awfulness.

Is Maki merely a victim of abuse desperately rationalizing it as something positive in order to not just feel like she suffered for no reason? (Not exactly an uncommon phenomenon!) Or did she genuinely gain some things from her experience? Is anyone except her even in a position to determine this? The manga very deliberately avoids taking a stand on this, and leaves it up to reader interpretation. I can certainly understand why a lot of people don't like a work that leaves "is statutory rape sometimes good actually" an open question. But people like Maki absolutely exist in reality, I've met one of them, and I think it's valuable to have a manga that explores these concepts with honesty (albeit not with perfection, naturally).

last edited at Nov 26, 2022 1:28PM

20230426_020903
joined Jul 19, 2018

Im sorry but "adult" dont always submit to their lust like that. She's just a very shitty person. Sex always come with "love" for me and Im very loyal so I cant understand maybe but... Im not a moron. This is just manipulation to put a girl in bed with you. She didnt even know what sex was ?? Like... what the hell?? Hello? If you replace the older woman with a man it would be a rape!

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

It's a lot of responsibility for a mature person to start something with someone that age (13-14) even if there is a love between them.
Only a kiss for someone so young is something grand, so imagine what they would feel for more...
And there is a difference in perspective, about ages. To younger person everything looks much older than it looks to older person.

Everything depends on circumstances and from person to person can differentiate, but generally not quite good...

And, if Kousaka already made her move, she should not disappear and leave Maki to fight the demons alone. It's completely irresponsible and the worst outcome of all.

last edited at Aug 24, 2023 9:46AM

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

The ending for this one always makes me lol.

"Why did you rape me?"

"I was the horni"

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

Holy... That was Ultra hot and Ultra good. The art was beautiful, I could really feel her lust and their burning passion. The biting was sweet.
That was a treat, I feel satisfied.

joined Jun 28, 2018

"I... Had sex...?"
For a nation who's populace is stereotypically known as extremely academically gifted, they sure do have a fuck ton of stories where they don't know shit about literally anything else...

Also... THAT'S HOW THEY END IT!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

last edited at Dec 21, 2023 11:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.