Forum › Hourai Fixed-Point Observation Record discussion

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

I got a few questions

First of all, what's with the ending? I don't understand, "she's right" who? Mokou or Keine? And what exactly is?

Second, is the mirror actually a mirror? Mokou state this might be a trick, like what? A magic? I don't remember Tewi knows any magic. (Hope it's just a normal mirror)

And about that Keine and Mokou session, let's just say their relationship is Mother Daughter
while Mokou Kaguya is lover

Also, I hate when Mokou being vulnerable to Kaguya when Kaguya being "pervert", and I think know that's just an act from her, it's just still piss me off of how out of character sometimes, but let's just think she's just act (but I still won't accept this, but I hope Kawacy make a realistic conversation instead of his fantasy)

1) "She's right" refers to Mokou earlier pointing out that the mirror is a device for others to see through. Probably some sort of magical item. (I mean its literally the title) To whom it belongs and why it was gifted to Kaguya is up to guessing.

2) It is in fact a mirror wich also seems to have the properties of an observation device. This is shown by Reisen using it as one at the beginning to fix her hair.

3) This is one is purely based on opinions but I don't think mother daughter or lovers fits for either of those two pairings. Mokou is drawn to Kaguya in a strange way. She obviously hates her yet both share many similarities and a long past together. They also get very physical (though this is mostly used to kill or inflict pain onto each other) I wouldn't even say that Kaguya is that much in love with Mokou. It's more teasing and self pleasure messing with her than anything else. Mokous reactions aren't that weird/confusing either. One can get aroused by someone who they are not in love with and with Kaguya deliberately trying it by teasing her its only a matter of time until she feels somewhat weird. As for Mokou and Keine its completely the opposite. They don't have many similarities and haven't spent nearly as much time together as Mokou and Kaguya but instead of a (mostly onesided) physical satisfaction its mental satisfaction.

Also I don't really understand what you mean by "but I still won't accept this" and the "I hope Kawacy make a realistic conversation instead of his fantasy" like whats even the point than?! It's the authors take on these characters based on his opinion of how they would behave and not yours.

Mokou never hated Kaguya, except when they first met, now they fight just for fun, and the reason why I said they're lover cause there have some circumstances they're being kind towards each other.

Also my point? What exactly my point? Well, my point is I won't accept Kawayabug do the exhibitionism thingy, you may ask "what?? Where's the part of exhibitionism?!"

The part where Kaguya suddenly being pervert and have "fun" with Mokou in front of the mirror. The concept of the mirror is cool but Kawayabug has to ruin it.

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 7:22AM

joined Jun 24, 2019

Guys read the characters's introduction at the end(just go all the way to the credit). I know it's a fuck ton of word but it help figuring out the story

Also the mirror is a somewhat camera given to Eintei by the moon people(Eirin's students) to watch how they are doing, not us the reader

What? Well, that's creepy, then why they(Eirin's students) didn't tell Eirin about that? That's just straight up creepy.

Ugh maybe they just want to see their teacher again, it's Tewi and Eirin's idea to put it in Kaguya room(and Eirin is the one who lured Mokou and Kaguya to the room after all)

joined Apr 10, 2020

Guys read the characters's introduction at the end(just go all the way to the credit). I know it's a fuck ton of word but it help figuring out the story

Also the mirror is a somewhat camera given to Eintei by the moon people(Eirin's students) to watch how they are doing, not us the reader

What? Well, that's creepy, then why they(Eirin's students) didn't tell Eirin about that? That's just straight up creepy.

Ugh maybe they just want to see their teacher again, it's Tewi and Eirin's idea to put it in Kaguya room(and Eirin is the one who lured Mokou and Kaguya to the room after all)

That just made things worse, imagine want to see your teacher then suddenly you see two person fighting to death and then suddenly "playing", that's just straight up fucked up.

Also, you didn't answer my question "Does Eirin know about this?" I mean Eirin's students want to see her, they should let her know about the mirror.

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 1:45PM

joined Jun 24, 2019

That just made things worse, imagine want to see your teacher then suddenly you see two person fighting to death and then suddenly "playing", that's just straight up fucked up.

Also, you didn't answer my question "Does Eirin know about this?" I mean Eirin's students want to see her, they should let her know about the mirror.

It's said that her expression changed to surprise when she touch the mirror (when she sees that it's a camera) so I guess they didn't tell her... yeah it's fucking stalking

joined Apr 10, 2020

It's said that her expression changed to surprise when she touch the mirror (when she sees that it's a camera) so I guess they didn't tell her... yeah it's fucking stalking

Wait, she know?! Then why she put it in Kaguya's room? She could destroy it for people safety.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 5:37AM

joined Apr 10, 2020

So, it's decided, after everything I learnt.

I want to say, this story will be more interesting and great if Kawayabug didn't make Kaguya suddenly a pervert and "playing" in front of the mirror.

He could make Kaguya working with Mokou with find out if the mirror is an actual mirror.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 5:37AM

No.1 Idle Translations
joined Apr 11, 2021

Hi frens, I hope most of you guys enjoyed this one. The doujin leaves you with a lot of questions if you don't read the last few pages of text so I'd really recommend everyone pushes through with it even if you're just here for the nice art and perspective play. It adds a ton of context to the doujin and I personally think it was the original story Kawayabug wanted to tell but couldn't because of the perspective restriction (it was also where we had to spend the majority of the translating and redrawing efforts so I can empathize with Kawayabug somewhat when he thanks everyone who read the whole thing).

joined Apr 10, 2020

Hi frens, I hope most of you guys enjoyed this one. The doujin leaves you with a lot of questions if you don't read the last few pages of text so I'd really recommend everyone pushes through with it even if you're just here for the nice art and perspective play. It adds a ton of context to the doujin and I personally think it was the original story Kawayabug wanted to tell but couldn't because of the perspective restriction (it was also where we had to spend the majority of the translating and redrawing efforts so I can empathize with Kawayabug somewhat when he thanks everyone who read the whole thing).

It doesn't matter if you read it or not, it's damn interesting but the downfall of this manga is the part Kawayabug suddenly thought "Hmm, maybe if Kaguya suddenly being a pervert instead of helping Mokou that's a good idea" which is unacceptable.

Plus, it's stated Eirin aware of this but she put it in Kaguya's room instead of destroying it, Kawayabug made Eirin looks like a douchebag by putting the mirror in the Kaguya's room aka camera that she knows it's in the mirror, this is trespassing her(Kaguya) privacy.

Also "perspective restrictions"?! What?! That's just an excuse to be lazy and don't want to draw an actual reaction and action of some situation.

I know the context, people already told me, but it's not justified Kawayabug execution with his poorly idea.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 7:47AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Fun fact, this was posted exactly 1 year from Kawayabug's other TeruMoko doujin! (Well, that one's just a 4-page Twitter comic but it still counts). In any case, this was fun - a wild emotional rollercoaster, but fun. The afterword with Kawayabug complaining that this ended up being way harder to draw than expected made me laugh.

joined Apr 10, 2020

Fun fact, this was posted exactly 1 year from Kawayabug's other TeruMoko doujin! (Well, that one's just a 4-page Twitter comic but it still counts). In any case, this was fun - a wild emotional rollercoaster, but fun. The afterword with Kawayabug complaining that this ended up being way harder to draw than expected made me laugh.

Huh, so he do realized it's harder than expected.

But that still doesn't justified of his poorly idea execution.

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

It doesn't matter if you read it or not, it's damn interesting but the downfall of this manga is the part Kawayabug suddenly thought "Hmm, maybe if Kaguya suddenly being a pervert instead of helping Mokou that's a good idea" which is unacceptable.

Plus, it's stated Eirin aware of this but she put it in Kaguya's room instead of destroying it, Kawayabug made Eirin looks like a douchebag by putting the mirror in the Kaguya's room aka camera that she knows it's in the mirror, this is trespassing her(Kaguya) privacy.

Also "perspective restrictions"?! What?! That's just an excuse to be lazy and don't want to draw an actual reaction and action of some situation.

I know the context, people already told me, but it's not justified Kawayabug execution with his poorly idea.

This all sounds like instead of Kawayabug having poor execution your just either not getting why the characters did what they did i.e. Kaguya wanting to do it or getting bothered minut shit i.e. Eirin putting the mirror in Kaguya room.

joined Apr 10, 2020

This all sounds like instead of Kawayabug having poor execution your just either not getting why the characters did what they did i.e. Kaguya wanting to do it or getting bothered minut shit i.e. Eirin putting the mirror in Kaguya room.

Because it was, Kawayabug made Eirin knows the mirror is not a mirror and instead of destroying it she put it in Kaguya's room (trespassing her privacy).

He should make Kaguya help Mokou instead of making her suddenly a pervert.

Okay, with honesty, I complained cause Kawayabug thinking "Hmm, it would be a good idea to make Kaguya suddenly a pervert instead of helping Mokou and having s*x in front of mirror which has been confirmed a camera" which is not, this situation clearly make Kawayabug like exhibitionism since people were watching what Mokou and Kaguya do the "thing".

Look, if you want to argue about this, my earlier comment said the same thing about this, this is going to be repetitive.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 5:07PM

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

Because it was, Kawayabug made Eirin knows the mirror is not a mirror and instead of destroying it she put it in Kaguya's room (trespassing her privacy).

He should make Kaguya help Mokou instead of making her suddenly a pervert.

Okay, with honesty, I complained cause Kawayabug thinking "Hmm, it would be a good idea to make Kaguya suddenly a pervert instead of helping Mokou and having s*x in front of mirror which has been confirmed a camera" which is not, this situation clearly make Kawayabug like exhibitionism since people were watching what Mokou and Kaguya do the "thing".

Look, if you want to argue about this, my earlier comment said the same thing about this, this is going to be repetitive.>

OMFG. Look buddy, the Touhou canon is (purposedly) incredibly vague and open
to interpretation in everything but the more important details, especially when it comes to characterization. It's more or less inevitable for a reader of fan created content to find works in wich characters act incredibly against what they believe they should.

Now, there is nothing wrong in not liking a work because you disagree with the authors take on the characters, heaven knows It's happened to me sometimes. But just because you disagree with it doesn't make the authors characterization any less valid.

Kaguya and Mokou are milenia old beings that (canonicaly) keep trying to kill each other despite knowing they can only cause momentary pain at the other at best. It's not so unconcievable that any relationship they have beyond that may look weirdly fucked up and unhealthy from the outside.

joined Jan 20, 2015

I was quite happy to find this doujin, it's rare to see one try something a bit more artistic than just the standard yuri fluff(not that is a bad thing, just it does get a bit stale with volume).

I appreciate that the author was willing to actually make the Lunarians different from earthlings in a way that seems natural to them, yet fucked up to us. To Eirin, she knows her students know how unchanging and boring the Lunar Capital was to Kaguya, so being able to see Kaguya so openly expressive, and twistedly affectionate is precisely how Eirin intended to show them, as it said in the story, "everything is A-Okay here on earth". The students get a shock over how violent and unexpected the scene was, but they also get to see Kaguya genuinely enjoying herself compared to how she was on the moon. Alongside, while they can't just spy on Eirin herself, she isn't really being "the brain of the moon" here like she was on the capital, showing she is clearly content with her life, even if it is a violent one.

The violence mixed eroticism also shows pretty well how different Kaguya is from Mokou, despite both being immortals. To her, who spent so long living in bland stagnation, emotional extremes like that are probably the most pleasurable thing she can find(resembles the Slaneesh cults from Warhammer 40K). But then Mokou, who was original a normal human, while she has lost her fear of death and blood due to all her deaths to Kaguya, she still "holds on to her dignity" by being disgusted at the sexual elements of it and tries to keep a clear seperation between types of "emotional extreme" in a way Kaguya doesn't.

Plus the backstory stuff was excellently added, considering the constraints of the fixed-point storytelling structure. It explains everything in a way that, only by reading ALL of it can you really understand the story in it's fullest. Its only a single line from Tewi, but how she mentions "the story is like a polyhedron" is entirely accurate. Looking at it from any single perspective is missing the entire point, you need to read the story from each character's point of view, and everything starts falling into place quite quickly. Looking at it from only one perspective will give you a weird mess of a plot, but together, it is excellent.

ObtainCheese is very clearly failing to do that, and expecting something the author is not trying to deliver. That isn't the fault of the author, but their own. While people like to ship everyone in touhou, in cannon, there are only maybe one or two actual loving relationships going on. The yuri tag itself doesn't say anything about whether a ship is wholesome or not, just that it is a yuri ship. Expecting two of the darkest characters in Touhou to have a wholesome and loving relationship solely because of personal biases is the reason why I doubt ObtainCheese will ever realize how good this story really is.

Really the only issue I can bring up with the doujin is that there are a few places where the author seems to have just resused the same panel twice in a row, such as where Keine is walking towards Kaguya and stops, the only difference in the two panels is the sfx trailing behind Keine, or how Kaguya just blankly stares during Mokou and Keine's conversation for 8 panels only barely moving her eyeline where she likely would have been fidgeting around somewhat. However, the author addresses that with the mention of how hard it was to draw from a fixed point, so I can forgive such minor "lazy" decisions considering the quality of the doujin overall.

Plus Tewi appreciation. The girl is extremely old, probably one of the oldest characters in the series, 1300 years at minimum and if she really is the Rabbit of Inaba, she would be one of the 5 oldest overall. Her catching on immediately that the mirror was a lunar tool was surprisingly in-character, compared to every other doujin with relegates her to "prankster loli". You don't live 1300+ years without being pretty clever(or immortal in the case of fairies).

last edited at Aug 8, 2021 4:23PM

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

this was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
i love the idea of a fixed point, but why specifically the mirror, is what i asked myself, so after reading the monologue for the characters' thoughts, a lot of the dots started to connect. it was cool extra exposition. this author is also amazing for the fact that a character that doesnt even appear in the panels was able to indirectly affect the story. good stuff oh my god, im putting this in my favorites.

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 12:55PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ObtainCheese posted:

Look, if you want to argue about this, my earlier comment said the same thing about this, this is going to be repetitive.

Yeah, you've made your point a few times. Please drop it and move on from this thread, thanks.

PixelDemise posted:

ObtainCheese is very clearly failing to do that, and expecting something the author is not trying to deliver. That isn't the fault of the author, but their own. While people like to ship everyone in touhou, in cannon, there are only maybe one or two actual loving relationships going on. The yuri tag itself doesn't say anything about whether a ship is wholesome or not, just that it is a yuri ship. Expecting two of the darkest characters in Touhou to have a wholesome and loving relationship solely because of personal biases is the reason why I doubt ObtainCheese will ever realize how good this story really is.

Digesting media is entirely subjective though, and we're all victim to our personal biases in like every aspect of life shrug. I liked your post, but this part just struck me as odd.

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 1:02PM

joined Jul 22, 2014

I just love the artstyle, really wish I could buy his physical books translated in English.

Fb_img_1647915926857
joined Jul 6, 2021

Cute bnnuy at the beginning

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

I got a few questions

First of all, what's with the ending? I don't understand, "she's right" who? Mokou or Keine? And what exactly is?

Second, is the mirror actually a mirror? Mokou state this might be a trick, like what? A magic? I don't remember Tewi knows any magic. (Hope it's just a normal mirror)

And about that Keine and Mokou session, let's just say their relationship is Mother Daughter
while Mokou Kaguya is lover

Also, I hate when Mokou being vulnerable to Kaguya when Kaguya being "pervert", and I think know that's just an act from her, it's just still piss me off of how out of character sometimes, but let's just think she's just act (but I still won't accept this, but I hope Kawacy make a realistic conversation instead of his fantasy)

1) "She's right" refers to Mokou earlier pointing out that the mirror is a device for others to see through. Probably some sort of magical item. (I mean its literally the title) To whom it belongs and why it was gifted to Kaguya is up to guessing.

2) It is in fact a mirror wich also seems to have the properties of an observation device. This is shown by Reisen using it as one at the beginning to fix her hair.

3) This is one is purely based on opinions but I don't think mother daughter or lovers fits for either of those two pairings. Mokou is drawn to Kaguya in a strange way. She obviously hates her yet both share many similarities and a long past together. They also get very physical (though this is mostly used to kill or inflict pain onto each other) I wouldn't even say that Kaguya is that much in love with Mokou. It's more teasing and self pleasure messing with her than anything else. Mokous reactions aren't that weird/confusing either. One can get aroused by someone who they are not in love with and with Kaguya deliberately trying it by teasing her its only a matter of time until she feels somewhat weird. As for Mokou and Keine its completely the opposite. They don't have many similarities and haven't spent nearly as much time together as Mokou and Kaguya but instead of a (mostly onesided) physical satisfaction its mental satisfaction.

Also I don't really understand what you mean by "but I still won't accept this" and the "I hope Kawacy make a realistic conversation instead of his fantasy" like whats even the point than?! It's the authors take on these characters based on his opinion of how they would behave and not yours.

Mokou never hated Kaguya, except when they first met, now they fight just for fun, and the reason why I said they're lover cause there have some circumstances they're being kind towards each other.

Also my point? What exactly my point? Well, my point is I won't accept Kawayabug do the exhibitionism thingy, you may ask "what?? Where's the part of exhibitionism?!"

The part where Kaguya suddenly being pervert and have "fun" with Mokou in front of the mirror. The concept of the mirror is cool but Kawayabug has to ruin it.

First of all you should read more into the characters and their backgrounds if you seriously think that's how the both of them met and why they kill one another. Second of all I've never seen someone diverge so much to what I was saying. Next time I'm talking to a wall of bricks to begin with.

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

ObtainCheese posted:

Yeah, you've made your point a few times. Please drop it and move on from this thread, thanks.

PixelDemise posted:

Digesting media is entirely subjective though, and we're all victim to our personal biases in like every aspect of life shrug. I liked your post, but this part just struck me as odd.

While true being that digesting media is entirely subjective to the reader the authors take is not! The author has clearly envisioned something wich he than via his craft brought to live. What each and everyone sees in it might be different as everyone has their own ideas of what the story actually means or what it could represent and technically until explained panel by panel by the original author is only up to assumption one can still faintly see the outlines of what the author in general wanted to show or achieve no matter what you might interpret or see in it yourself. You can't for example proclaim something that goes completely against what the characters are doing or saying. That's not your opinion anymore that's neglecting and disregarding the source and its creator. If you feel by any means that the creator did something you didn't feel is right behaviour or doesn't seems to align with your view of the characters or world that is completely fine as you are free to believe whatever you want but you can't expect the author to deliver something that fits your narrative just because your personal view differse from his. It's your personal opinion that the way he depicted certain things are not fitting for you but it is not acceptable that by him doing is own take on it and you not accepting that he might have one himself and just believing that he did your take but just poorly or bad is just narcasitic and wrong.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh! It's Kawayabug! Always love them. Should have recognized their style sooner.

joined Apr 10, 2020

It's not so unconcievable that any relationship they have beyond that may look weirdly fucked up and unhealthy from the outside.

Doesn't justify they have to do it publicly.
"Oh, let me smell someone armpit in public cause that's my fetish." Did I make you disgusted? Yes, that's my point.
We all have fucked up fetish but showing in public is absolutely disgusting.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ObtainCheese posted:

It's not so unconcievable that any relationship they have beyond that may look weirdly fucked up and unhealthy from the outside.

"Oh, let me smell someone armpit in public cause that's my fetish." Did I make you disgusted? Yes, that's my point.

Why did you come back to this a year later? I politely asked you to stop, so I'll repeat the request one more time. Don't post in this thread anymore. Thank you.

joined Apr 10, 2020

ObtainCheese posted:

Why did you come back to this a year later? I politely asked you to stop, so I'll repeat the request one more time. Don't post in this thread anymore. Thank you.

Sure, everytime me speaking, you all hate it and threat to ban me, but when other speaks? Oh you let them like they're VIP.

What's the matter here? Am I being douchebag? Like what? All I did was saying stuff, a conversation, sure it's pretty heated, but I'm not even being very aggressive to others, not even one slur/profanity I mention.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 6:42PM

joined Apr 14, 2022

My two cents: It's not okay to bash other people just because you phrase it politely. You literally didn't even understand the story, going by your first comment, and yet you repeatedly attacked the author and, um, exhibitionists, I guess, even though this story had absolutely nothing to do with exhibitionism (Kaguya didn't know they were being watched until the end). It doesn't matter whether you used profanity, you're just using this thread to soapbox and judge people, for something that isn't even related to the story. And even if it did contain the fetish in question, there is nothing productive about making 10 comments saying how much you hate it. Make a comment saying it's not your cup of tea if you must, but other people are allowed to enjoy and discuss it, which is hard when you derail the thread by saying how the author is wrong and bad over and over and over again.

On a more positive note, this was a wonderful manga. Really unique concept and interesting take on the characters.

last edited at Jun 18, 2022 8:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.