Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

I'm so happy for them :')

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Haruki needs to find herself a new gal, she honestly deserves better.

joined Mar 26, 2021

That was good manga, well if they are happy with each other then Im happy too that it ended in a good way for both of them

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

That photo eating came out of nowhere and made me audibly laugh at how random it was.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

That photo eating came out of nowhere and made me audibly laugh at how random it was.

No lie, Aya's just as deranged as Sei was when she was lusty for Yoru. I honestly wonder what became of Yoru and that one side girl that Haruki called after getting rejected.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This ended decent enough that I'm kinda scared the epilogue might ruin it.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Ah. So this is chapter 20 (i skipped it before). The epilogue makes much more sense now. I'm super excited to see it. Thank you translation team!

Hope flowerchild will release again another manga soon.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 1:42PM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

What happened to Haruki my child ;-;

joined Jul 20, 2020

I'm just happy that aya and sei's toxic relationship grows into a happy one. I'm correct before that they just need to be away from the other characters in order to be happy xD

Maybe it never was toxic to begin with?
I mean, you start a relationship with a girl who is heartbroken because of a past unrequited love, you let her call the name of that other girl when having sex because you understand she needs that kind of indulging in order to heal, your presence in her life eventually makes her forget the other chick, she falls for you and the two of you become a real couple, happy end.
Seriously, what toxic?

Yesss, finally there's one person who have the same thought with me. I thought I was the only one who think that, haha

rereading you realize Aya jumped into this relationship because she did not know Haruki was a lesbian herself that's why she wanted to forget and move on so by that point it was to late and the mistakes that both ended up doing made it impossible for them to go back and she ended up doing the heartbreaking decision of walking away from Haruki

joined Jul 20, 2020

What happened to Haruki my child ;-;

propably together with Mochida (though if you look at the subtext she is not good for her either I wish she actually goes back to her family) and in the yuri garden verse I hope they dreamed that main manga verse after waking up she and Aya (who obviously is younger and can't be with Sei) ended up together that would be nice after reading the epilogue and that flashback scene in chapter 9 damn life can be unfair

joined Jul 20, 2020

Haruki needs to find herself a new gal, she honestly deserves better.

hopefully in the garden verse she is together with Aya (Kindergarten Sei ships them)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well I'm glad the childhood friend can now properly move on.

The main relationship is still weird and creepy to me...especially with the photo of the ex being eaten...that's really bizarre.

Anyways, it was an interesting and disturbing ride, though certainly never a dull moment. Thanks for the translation!

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 2:24PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That photo eating was real weird. Decent enough ending though

joined Mar 15, 2015

I didn't read all the series, but could someone please explain why Aya hates Yoru enough to wish that Yoru never show her face in front of Sei again, and then eat Yoru's photo?

joined Mar 8, 2019

I didn't read all the series, but could someone please explain why Aya hates Yoru enough to wish that Yoru never show her face in front of Sei again, and then eat Yoru's photo?

I recommend reading the series so you can form your own interpretation but if you really wanna know my take; it's not that Aya hates Yoru per se.. More like she hates how strongly Sei feels for Yoru. She ate Yoru's picture so she could take Yoru's place in Sei's heart. She wishes for Yoru to never return because Aya fears Sei will be consumed by Yoru again, ultimately undoing all of Aya's hard work.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 3:26PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I recommend reading the series so you can form your own interpretation but if you really wanna know my take; it's not that Aya hates Yoru per se.. More like she hates how strongly Sei feels for Yoru. She ate Yoru's picture so she could take Yoru's place in Sei's heart. She wishes for Yoru to never return because Aya fears Sei will be consumed by Yoru again, ultimately undoing all of Aya's hard work.

Thanks for answering the question. The idea of Aya eating the photo to replace Yoru in Sei's heart makes sense.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Thanks for answering the question. The idea of Aya eating the photo to replace Yoru in Sei's heart makes sense.

No problem. Hope you do finish reading though. Thought it ended too quickly but it seems to wrapped up quite nicely.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I absolutely loved this. Ending is rushed but the decent enough. I do wonder what happened to Mochida. She's heartbroken but I think it's mostly for herself? She clearly didn't know Math Teacher well enough to be really in love with him. Hope she and Haruki realizes what it means to truly love someone. I don't think Haruki will tread down the same path. Unlike Yoru, Aya made it clear she did not reciprocate and did not give her any hope or string her along like Yoru did with Sei by sleeping with her... Also unlike Sei, Haruki has someone to confide in with her heartbreak.

Sometimes a shoulder to lean on can really help heal. I mean, just look at Sei. She repressed everything for so long but after opening up (albeit in a non-conventional way since you don't typically call your rebound your ex's name while you sex it up and they don't normally let you) she was able to find someone who loved her, flaws and all.

I love that our mains have become more confident. Sei is more comfortable in her skin because she knows what true acceptance is now. She also knows what devotion is thanks to Aya. And as for Aya, she's no longer afraid to speak out her mind and go after what she wants. It started from want but now it's clear that their relationship is stemming from need... Can't wait to read the epilogue.

Hopefully Yen Press will pick this up for English translation. They seem to be fine dealing with not so fluffy Yuri stories since they licensed Happy Sugar Life and Murcielago. Or maybe Seven Seas since they seem to like picking things up that are finished... I really want this in my collection.

joined Mar 23, 2014

I would've liked seeing a couple more chapters as well, but I'm very satisfied with how the story ended.

I like to think Haruki and Mochida would eventually hook up soon after.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

years later i still cant forgive sei

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Same here, also reminded of a period when I would chew on toilet paper and eventually swallow it as a kid.

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Her eating the photo made me laugh a little lmao. Was not expecting that

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Her eating the photo made me laugh a little lmao. Was not expecting that

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

congrats on grooming your adult sex friend queen!!

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Did this manga get axed? The ending feels kinda out of the blue and the previous chapters did not give the vibe that they were building towards a conclusion. Also Mochida got way too much focus to just end with a vague conclusion, Haruki doesn't feel like she got her character arc payoff either.

To reply you must either login or sign up.