Forum › Cheating and Atonement discussion

Yokoe
joined Apr 8, 2018

That fakeout was pretty cute, based on the author's previous works that wasn't how I expected it to go lol
Don't hit your partner people

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

there would certainly be a murder next time

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

^Most definitely
Biggest relief ever-

D377667b-c3de-466a-9875-3e02c0268695
joined Jun 2, 2020

I’m glad no one actually got hit in the story this time. I feel like there’s an implication that the lighter haired girl gets hit regularly, though, which still makes me a bit sad.

joined Feb 15, 2021

i like this author and feel bad about it at the same time

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That Riri really does care for her girlfriend at the expense of herself makes me sad. I can certainly understand Ako's point of view, but that she was fully ready to hit Riri, I just can't condone that.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Whaaaat happy end with cheating and abuse tags? It's a nice change of pace.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Anyone else feel like the other girl is just as weird, her reaction didn’t really show any sort of fear or negative reaction of the fact that she was getting hit, she was more freaked out by trying to clear up the whole misunderstanding and instead of be upset that she was getting punished despite her questionable(?) innocence, she was once again more upset at the fact her partner could injure her hand over being hit herself. I don’t know, she just seemed… off

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Anyone else feel like the other girl is just as weird, her reaction didn’t really show any sort of fear or negative reaction of the fact that she was getting hit, she was more freaked out by trying to clear up the whole misunderstanding and instead of be upset that she was getting punished despite her questionable(?) innocence, she was once again more upset at the fact her partner could injure her hand over being hit herself. I don’t know, she just seemed… off

She's either:

1. Used to it, therefor she showed almost no reaction, which just makes this all the more sad.

2. Is secretely a masochist and is into all of these things.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/19376

You know, that actually gives a completely different perspective of the story.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Didn't expect that-

joined Jun 3, 2021

Maybe i'm too innocent to not understand why this tagged cheating

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Highly uncomfortable, but not as bad as To Meet You Again was. Especially as Ako decided not to hit her after seeing how much she cared for her. Still very likely to fall into the same way of thinking again, but at least she seems to realize she really is the only one and how much she is loved. This could help her gain the confidence in their relationship to avoid such outbursts in the future.

joined May 8, 2011

I, too, don't quite understand why it's tagged cheating. I mean, it's "cheating" in Ako's opinion but unless we know that Riri was really meaning to two-time with that girl, I wouldn't consider it cheating.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Even if she wasn't actually cheating, the question of if she has or not is a major component of the story so I don't see a problem with the cheating tag.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

There is something off here

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Not sure how to feel. On one hand, she seems to get hit regularly. On the other hand, it seems like she enjoys it to an extent or at least doesn't mind

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I don't think this has any real dark implications at all, people are just reading into it too much based on To Meet You Again. I think this is to be taken about as seriously as, for example, Fuzoroi no Renri on the few occasions Iori hits Minami.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Crisis averted.

…..smack her.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

This should have the BDSM tag instead of the Abuse tag as Riri has a collar on indicating that she is Ako the dark haired girls slave, that is why she is so used to being hit.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Highly uncomfortable, but not as bad as To Meet You Again was. Especially as Ako decided not to hit her after seeing how much she cared for her.

I actually think this is much darker honestly, given that the story seems to treat one of the characters as generous for not engaging in violent abuse. Puts the emotional abuse aspects into even sharper focus.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

yikes… for both of them

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Highly uncomfortable, but not as bad as To Meet You Again was. Especially as Ako decided not to hit her after seeing how much she cared for her.

I actually think this is much darker honestly, given that the story seems to treat one of the characters as generous for not engaging in violent abuse. Puts the emotional abuse aspects into even sharper focus.

I wouldn't say she's in any way shown as generous, just realizing she was mistaken. And unlike the other story where the abusive relationship has been established already and is very likely to continue, there is no indication in this case that this was not the first time something like this has happened. Can go either way from here still, but there is clearly more hope for a happier future.

To reply you must either login or sign up.