Forum › Opapagoto discussion

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wasn't this chapter already TL'd? Or was it just not on Dynasty yet?

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

i tl'ed it months ago, but completely forgot to upload it in dynasty.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

i tl'ed it months ago, but completely forgot to upload it in dynasty.

Thank you so much for the translation!

I'm so happy that this series is finally complete.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yukari-mama is best girl! I think this will always be my favourite for the sole reason of who she ended up with(?). I like that it isn’t who you’d normally think.

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Well... it's complete. I personally find it quite interesting how a lot of readers here regard this series fondly when for me it was overall quite flat in terms of characters (bloated cast leading to one-note side characters) and plot (yes, I know it was axed causing many of the introduced plot threads like the student council to be never addressed but the early chapters still to me lacked good direction). Yes, the interactions between the two leads are good (which I feel like is the main draw for many readers here) but not so much better than any other of the many wholesome series hosted here, making it a bit of a dime a dozen series for me.

I would appreciate any replies from anyone who can tell me what the biggest draw for them was for this series.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Well... it's complete. I personally find it quite interesting how a lot of readers here regard this series fondly when for me it was overall quite flat in terms of characters (bloated cast leading to one-note side characters) and plot (yes, I know it was axed causing many of the introduced plot threads like the student council to be never addressed but the early chapters still to me lacked good direction). Yes, the interactions between the two leads are good (which I feel like is the main draw for many readers here) but not so much better than any other of the many wholesome series hosted here, making it a bit of a dime a dozen series for me.

I would appreciate any replies from anyone who can tell me what the biggest draw for them was for this series.

I don’t remember the ending being that interesting to me. I guess, because of the axing. In general, though, I think it was just a fun read and I’m a sucker for love triangles, but it didn’t really play that huge of a role in this story. Regardless, I still enjoyed the wacky bits.

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

my headache: gone
my heart: fulled

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Aww what a blast from the past, I miss this one.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

The Hell? That’s so てえてえ

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

aghh .. i’m coughing up blood… it’s been so long since i’ve seen anything about this series !! the bonus chapter really makes up for the lost time .. not consuming more opapagoto content… something like that. but ryo in a áo dài ???? exceptional.

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

AHHHHHHHHHHH I MISS THEM SO FKING MUCH

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Yukari-mama is still best girl

joined Aug 8, 2020

I get why this got cut, it was kind of a mess, a really odd premise, too many characters (which the mangaka even admits they have a problem with), some really problematic characters (unfortunately part of the package when it comes to ecchi)

But at the same time, I wish it hadn't gotten cut. I would have liked to see the story play out in long form. To see the characters get closer, to have a chance to explore the MC's feelings a little more, since she felt so shallow. But I also know that it would have only gotten more messy as time went on, or at least, that's the feeling I get about it. The main premise is interesting to say the least, but it seems the creator didn't have a lot of good ideas on how to portray that premise deeply, and for some reason decided to go all food wars about it. So the story ended up pretty half baked, and it really showed.

G-xnwzom_400x400
joined Sep 26, 2019

I get why this got cut, it was kind of a mess, a really odd premise, too many characters (which the mangaka even admits they have a problem with), some really problematic characters (unfortunately part of the package when it comes to ecchi)

But at the same time, I wish it hadn't gotten cut. I would have liked to see the story play out in long form. To see the characters get closer, to have a chance to explore the MC's feelings a little more, since she felt so shallow. But I also know that it would have only gotten more messy as time went on, or at least, that's the feeling I get about it. The main premise is interesting to say the least, but it seems the creator didn't have a lot of good ideas on how to portray that premise deeply, and for some reason decided to go all food wars about it. So the story ended up pretty half baked, and it really showed.

Pretty much my feelings on this series. It could have been very interesting. Definitely some missed opportunities.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I would definitely pay for a spin-off about Yukari and Haruhi’s developing relationship, they’re quite the duo of dumbassess that I’m sure their antics would get me laughing or embarrassed most of the time

WhyNotYuriAnime
Img_0848
joined Jun 13, 2020

I love this so much! I wish it were to continue, but it’s like they say, all good things must come to an end. TvT

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

It's a shame this manga ended so soon.... was really into the characters

joined Jun 7, 2019

Because it is not really a manga to analyze, it is a fun manga that keeps you entertained most of the time and you can read easily, something simple, it is like seeing a cartoon for children you enjoy it and you do not think much about why. characters are nice and each one has its own remarkable personality, the plot is unusual but has its appeal (something like heteronormative but with gays? two girls and their days with their family? give me 20), the relationship and chemistry between the characters is good, the protagonist has a different personality than most of the female protagonists of a romance, the drawing style is nice, etc. I think that the development could have been compensated if it had had more chapters but overall it was a good manga, without a lot of dramas or twists, at its own pace

PsychoTheRabbit
joined Feb 27, 2020

Honestly, what a way to go.
Such abrupt development all around. Tons of characters barely developed, lot of stories untold and a contradictory ending.
The series weren't the most deeply thought off development wise with lot of very extreme plot lines that were weird even when explained. But was still very fun to read. The type of series that if cut short becomes a mess. This end completely spoiled for me. The hints were always pointing towards Ayumi with Yukari being the one left with a simple one-sided light crush. Haruhi never really showed much interest in neither, but if had to pick one Ayumi was the one with tons of "I'm in love" moments while Yukari is somewhat sudden and shallow tbh.
But as things were the last thing it needed was to Ayumi be rejected and replaced so fast right in the very end. With Ayumi seeing that kiss less than an hr after such pure and wholesome confession was kind of gruesome and really sad.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I feel that in the end what I disliked about this series was actually the premise itself. Just why would the author go and introduce traditional gender roles in a same-sex relationship?! Even though it did serve to create some fun situations, I felt that such a plot only reinforced these stereotypes (e.g. the father being the head and protector of the family). Perhaps it would've been handled better if it hadn't been axed, but even in the final chapter the conclusion we get is basically "everyone continued to live in their place in the family". How beautiful.

And this leads to the second major issue I had with this series: the characters' relationships felt manufactured. I mean, they were... but not only were they created because of the system, they also felt manufactured. Let me elaborate on this:

We have a love triangle of sorts, between father, mother and daughter; and I'm calling them that 'cause that's what they were treated as. We have Yukari, whose relationship with Haruhi started as that of manufactured "husband and wife". Then we have love-at-first-sight Ayumi, with an also manufactured father-daughter relationship. And lastly, Haruhi herself, who honestly didn't seem to have much interest towards either for the duration of the series lol. And what do we get in the end? A girlfriends...? husband and wife...? relationship between the husband and wife, and a father-daughter relationship between the father and daughter. Interesting.

Am I just bitter because my ship sunk? I sure am, but it's more than that. What annoyed me is that Ayumi never stood a chance because she was the daughter. Honestly, my frustration over this was the main reason I rooted for her.

The one point were a character really broke out of these ridiculous restrictions was Ayumi's confession. And for me that was one of most satisfying confession/rejection scenes I've seen in any (yuri) manga. But why was Ayumi rejected? You might say, because Haruhi didn't like her back. And well, you'd be right. But why was Ayumi's love never seen as a possibility? Because she was the daughter.

And then we immediately move on to the —admittedly very beautifully drawn— confession/kiss scene between our respected husband and wife. With Ayumi actually witnessing it and being reduced to some comedic background character, 'cause why not? She was the daughter anyway, she should know her place.

I'll finish with this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch16#51
Haruhi and Yukari kiss. And what do they get? A fifty point card. But what would happen if Haruhi and Ayumi were to kiss? A fifty-minus point card? Expulsion from the program? Death?! (okay probably not)

Which all leads us back to how this manga used traditional family roles to... Validate them? Very innovative.

TL;DR: I'm bitter about my failed ship This manga assigned stereotyped roles to the characters with seemingly no intention to subvert them. The characters were trapped in those stereotypes, and even when they supposedly break out of them, I don't find it convincing since everyone is basically still continuing on with their roles.

P.S. I'm really sorry about this wall of text, but every time I tried to shorten it I just got angrier and added more...

last edited at Jun 28, 2021 9:47AM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

The only way for this manga to got saved was to develop the characters individualy or something instead of going in with the comedic stuff going on.

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

I LOVE YOU YUKARI

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

I LOVE YOU YUKARI

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

The author planned more into it, sadly it was axed.
Not that the Volume 2 performance was great.

You can't really have a full-blown comedy with a setting like this...

last edited at Aug 16, 2021 3:01AM

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

scared the shit out of me when Yukari said that she was asked to be wed with a guy.

lol Ayumi has such a perverted mind. it's always the quiet ones i see.
tho i felt bad for her but i really love Yukari. too bad this series was axed, we could've seen more. still, i really loved it.
and oh to be a ninja. best job ever.

anyway, YUKARI BEST GIRL

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 7:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.