Forum › Anime season

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Two volumes of the manga out of four have been translated and are available here.

Watched both the anime and Ova series before the new series came out. Waiting to watch because I think it'll have a dub (if it doesn't get one then I'll just find time to watch it at some point). I hope the manga gets picked up again since I heard the ending is very yuri.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Hmm, I doubt it'll have a dub as it probably isn't very successful, but I guess it could get one. It would reach a larger audience if it got dubbed, so that would be nice.

I don't know if the rest of the manga will ever get translated, but I've also seen some raws and it looks more yuri than both anime combined. Yuri in the new one would be nice, too.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

The 2 main characters in super cub are married and I will not take 'no' for an answer.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Yuri in the new one would be nice, too.

Again, waiting to watch the new Battle Athletes anime, but people I follow (like yuriempire) are talking about it and it does seem to have some nice yuri. I definitely look forward to watching it.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Yuri in the new one would be nice, too.

Again, waiting to watch the new Battle Athletes anime, but people I follow (like yuriempire) are talking about it and it does seem to have some nice yuri. I definitely look forward to watching it.

Now that I'm caught up, I can say there is some yuri subtext. I wonder how far it'll go. Keep in mind though when you watch it, apart from some characters' last names and the Cosmo Beauty competition theme, it has very little to do with the original. I won't spoil more, but it's actually quite baffling.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

So, I only have one ova left in Dokyuu Hentai HxEros and then I'll have finished it. I said that the only yuri after the episode 3 couple would be brainwashing in one of the ovas. That was partially true, turns out Maihime Shirayuki, one of the main girls, has a crush on her best friend (And it might be reciprocated) as she said her name while getting turned on at one point and she said in the ova that girls can gather H-engery with each other when another character said they couldn't.
Again, not really a yuri series (if you want yuri and ecchi watch Valkyrie Drive, Strike Witches, or Kandagawa Jet Girls) but I thought I should give an accurate assessment of the yuri in it/

joined Jan 1, 2014

What a cute married couple in super cub.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Agreed, they're adorable.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Pretty much all summer anime have been announced now, so lets see what sort of yuri/all girl shows we have.

Maid dragon S2 is an obvious one

Bakarina S2, everybodies favourite bisexual harem.

Jahy-sama A wonderfull show about how to not pay rent.

Love Live! Superstar!! - Should be obvious.

Higurashi Sotsu - Even with K1 it does not take away how gay Rika and Satako are.

Kageki Shoujo!! - A shojo, don't know anything about this

No kirara all-girl show this season it seems.

last edited at May 31, 2021 10:54AM

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

I plan to watch all of those (just need to catch up on Higurashi Gou first) but Bakarina S2 is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Pretty much all summer anime have been announced now, so lets see what sort of yuri/all girl shows we have.

Higurashi Sotsu - Even with K1 it does not take away how gay Rika and Satako are.

Wait another love live? Woah

joined Jan 6, 2017

Hope Maid Dragon S will be fun, otherwise I'll have nothing to watch next season.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Anyone watched "Made in Abyss - Dawn of the Deep Soul"? Well done and some subtext but no real yuri; the 3 MCs seem to be moving towards a 2-girl-1-boy poly relationship.

I have yet to watch "Princess Principal - Crown Handler 01" ... but I prolly shouldn't set my hopes too high...

last edited at May 31, 2021 2:26PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Anyone watched "Made in Abyss - Dawn of the Deep Soul"? Well done and some subtext but no real yuri; the 3 MCs seem to be moving towards a 2-girl-1-boy poly relationship.

I have yet to watch "Princess Principal - Crown Handler 01" ... but I prolly shouldn't set my hopes too high...

Crown Handler was amazing, but it was an Ange solo story so not that much yuri. Still there, but not much

joined Jan 1, 2014

Wait another love live? Woah

S2 of Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club also coming next year.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Announcement for Jahy cast and course, it will be a 2 course season, so probably shorters episodes given the manga have not that much material for 20/24 full length episode.
Also the cast seem quite nice :

Jahy: Naomi Oozora (Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!)
Tenchou (Store Manager): Ai Kayano (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!)
Oya (Landlady): Youko Hikasa (New Game!)
Druj: Kana Hanazawa (Gabriel DropOut)
Salwa: Mikako Komatsu (Edens Zero)
Kyouko Jinguu: Sumire Uesaka (Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san)
Kokoro: Yui Ogura (Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV))

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

I watched the Made in Abyss film and enjoyed it. I'm waiting to watch the Princess Principal movies dubbed since that's how I watched the first season. I remember Princess Principal being a subtext series though also being clear at points (I think the person who ran the Zeria youtube channel wrote a blog post on not calling subtext yuri bait and a line from Princess Principal was used to show a genuine relationship).

last edited at May 31, 2021 7:07PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Also Aquatrope, which has fairly minimal male cast and some fairly gay promotional images

And the manga version of Idaten includes an on-panel lesbian rape, though I don't know how much there is beyond that

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

The second Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun ova focuses on how Minami and Hanabi became friends. Not really much yuri other than Minami getting clingy at points, but it is nice to see how they became friends.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sorry for late reply.

SushiKnight posted:

Peaceful co-existence is certainly not impossible, but AI behaving against our wishes, maybe even violently, is a very real, very dangerous possibility. My problem with the vast majority of sci-fi about AI is that the idea tends to be "AI deserve the same rights as humans", which is certainly a noble goal, but not necessarily a good one. We have no idea what AI will be capable of in the future, it's not unreasonable (and actually quite wise) to worry about our safety.

I honestly never really thought much about it. Any discourse I ever heard about AI in movies was usually how it's a obvious allegory for slavery. I guess I looked at it as more like in case of Vivy and similar cases, not as true self-aware AI that can go into internet etc. and more like a self-aware machine, like robot etc. so in this case it wouldn't be like omnipotent hacker or w/e that can destroy humanity, and while it definitely can still do bad things, not giving them freedom would look much worse. But yes, if we talk like about something that can launch nukes at you like Skynet, then I guess I can see how people would be worried about their safety first.

It seems like the AI already have a shared consciousness/network of some sort because of that tower. That being the case I don't think it's out of the question for a sudden shift in the behavior of all AI to be possible.

Fair point. I forgot all AI in the series are connected by some kind wi-fi to gets regular updates and what not. It didn't really seem to be in constant contact with each other and sharing ideas or getting influenced, but maybe we just didn't see it. I guess there was that 1 time when Vivy was directly informed about stuff happening at the amusement park from some guard AI, so they do can connect each other whenever they want, but still so far show present each AI more as individual than hive mind so I'm not buying all of them would just agree to go kill off humans at the same time. Like especially Vivy that specifically kept people alive, because of her 1 goal.

That said, changing that period of time so that humans don't go extinct is a good first step to finding better, more permanent solutions. :P

Can't argue with that xP

That's the goal that it was given, I don't think being onboard with that is much of a choice.

Again fair point.

Somewhat off-topic, but I want to take this chance to plug Robert Miles. He's an AI safety researcher and he makes great videos talking about AI. I highly recommend watching some of his videos if anyone's interested in the future of artificial intelligence. He has also done a series of videos on AI for Computerphile that are equally as interesting.

I checked few videos and it all looks very interesting, again since as I said I heard very little about issues and concerns around developing AI.

SushiKnight posted:

It certainly seems like all the things that hes been getting Vivy to do have resulted in the opposite effect of what his stated mission is. That said, Vivy did handle the previous incidents (especially the Sunrise crash) differently from how he told her to, so it's hard to say whether these results are what he's really after or if they were just flukes.

To be honest I feel like that's what anime is going for. I understand your points about AI can go rogue and we won't be able to stop it etc. but so far show failed to make any real case against AI and in fact is doing everything to show it in as positive light as possible. All the AI we met as far (i'm currently at episode 8 and from it's ending it seems like we have 1 case of AI actually going rogue, but since I didn't see episode 9 I don't know the explanation for it) are 100% good, help people etc. They clearly show compassion and that AI can co-exist and be very helpful to humans. In fact it's always the people who are shown in negative light. Like the terrorist group tried to stop AI from advancing, because it's bad and evil and then the same AI saves one of those terrorist and the lesson he takes from it is that AI is still evil and he still should try to destroy it, just avoid human causalities? Or those scientist that took the AI waifu apart without considering her feelings or getting her consent.

As I said before, show didn't even bother to give us reason why AI decided to rebel, it just did. Almost as if it didn't matter and they just needed a excuse to tell the story they wanted to tell. What I want to say is that I think that the moral of the show will be that AI is good and that we shouldn't discriminate it and peacefully co-exist with it instead. That Matsumoto is wrong with trying to hold AI back and that whenever he tries to stop it, history course-corrects itself and his actions only develops AI faster. Idk if I'm right, but show definitely doesn't feel like it's telling a cohesive story or has a cohesive theme. We're kept being told AI is bad and evil, but we constantly see contradicting evidence for it.

On slightly different note, that's just my personal feelings on episode 7, but I really didn't like the way story went here. Actually when I started watching it, the last available episode turned on first by default, so I watched episode 7, think it's episode 1. So after I finished it, I realized I was watching wrong one and started from beginning, but I already knew that Vivy is going to change. I'm a really big fan of those kind of stoic, rational, no-nonsense characters, so I really liked Vivy's initial character, but I figured as time goes on and she gathers more experiences from helping Matsumoto, she'll become more human and develop her personality to what we saw in episode 7. That's why I was incredibly disappointed when it turned out that we skipped all that progress and she became like that off-screen, while having amnesia, so we don't even know how much of it was the influence of her journey with Matsumoto. Sure it was nice she used some references to events she didn't remember, but overall I really wanted to see her getting to that point naturally and see her incorporating more stuff like that herself instead of just using it, because she heard it, but didn't remember from where. Overall that amnesia thing made such big shift to the story, it pretty much made me feel like I'm watching different show with different main character and I'm honestly not sure how much I like it. I do like her personality there, but it just didn't feel like we reached that point naturally.

Regardless, the ending to episode 6 was certainly something. I'm probably gonna wait til ep. 8 is available before starting ep. 7, since they seem to be doing 2 episode-long arcs for each incident.

I know it was a long time since then, but I was curious about it. When you posted that, episode 8 just dropped day before, so I was wondering if you're watching it somewhere legally or something?

Also. Hey anime? Can I ask you a favor? I get that animating vehicles is hard, but if you need to use a lot of CGI for vehicles in an action scene, could you maybe try a LITTLE harder to make it look uniform? Or just go all the way! I promise you that fully-3D anime can look really good! Just look at ex-arm! At least stop swapping between 2D animation and 3D animation willy-nilly in the middle of a single scene. Pretty please?

YES (You're talking about Super Cub, right? Yea, it pretty much made me drop it without finishing first episode. Unwatchable.)

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 5:32AM

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

"The thing that our sister wanted most is the Fragment of her beloved".
Blue Reflection Ray has been nice with the yuri, mainly from the villians, and this episode was great. Good to see that one of the partnerships was without a doubt yuri.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Also, Strike Witches Road to Berlin episode 6 was dubbed. It's the Trude x Erica episode and it was awesome. Trude gets ripped and we get to hear her true feelings about Erica. It was my hype ep for that season and it lived up to my expectations.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Super Cub ended up being a cute, relaxing anime that I enjoyed watching. My only minor gripe with it is that it worked perfectly fine as the Koguma&Reiko show and introducing a third character, then spending a lot of time on her in the back half, made the show less compelling for me. She isn't annoying or anything, just less interesting than the other two girls. Overall can recommend the show to fans of slice of life stories.

Zombieland Saga handled its end-of-season drama much better than the first season where it left me with a sour aftertaste. Great season with a seriously wild stinger implying we'll be getting more of the zombie idols.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I saw the Chainsaw Man trailer and it looks lit. I wanna ask is there any yuri in the manga? Cause I found a couple of yuri images when I searched for it but I don't know if they are fan arts or canon.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I saw the Chainsaw Man trailer and it looks lit. I wanna ask is there any yuri in the manga? Cause I found a couple of yuri images when I searched for it but I don't know if they are fan arts or canon.

Guanxi is canonically a lesbian and in a relationship with 4 girls.

To reply you must either login or sign up.