Forum › The Rain and the Other Side of You discussion

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

deuxyeon posted:

how cute

What's your profile picture from?
I'm kinda curious about the context for it...

last edited at Apr 27, 2021 8:28PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Whoa sudden new chapter. I need to do a reread lol

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

deuxyeon posted:

how cute

What's your profile picture from?
I'm kinda curious about the context for it...

that´s definitely ejima eri´s artstyle and im pretty sure that´s a panel from yuzumori-san, i might be wrong tho

joined Dec 30, 2018

i keep forgetting this exists lol

Nathaniel Kamb
Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

Ahaha, i forgot this existed lol, so nice to remember it every now and then, such a nice detail to see another chapter...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

So we can have satisfying bonus chapters years after the end of a manga. Write that down write that down.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

New chap? woah-
I remembered reading this in my last account :V

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

aww a bonus chapter
i love this sm:(
this used to be my favorite student x teacher manga in 2018

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

It was raining when I first read the first chapter of this one and it's raining as well today, after reading the bonus chapter. What a coincidence

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

reread the series before the bonus! damn it's good to read in one go )
I wish there were a couple more extras <3

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

hmmm, yes, 3 years late, cute regardless.

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

re-reading this in a one go.. i just kept crying n crying aaah
me liking this series so much? no.. no... this is not how my "anti loli" career suppose to turn out like. goddamnit momono moto take responsibility!!

joined Apr 28, 2021

Yay! I've loved this story since the first time I read it. I'm so glad a bonus chapter was made! (5 or 6 years after the series came out, no less!)

Thank you! <3

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

LOL....She was inspired by Ginpachi (Gintoki)

Side note, since nobody bothered to correct here, she wasn't. She was inspired by a TV series called 3 nen B gumi Kinpachi Sensei that ran 8 series since 1979 to 2011 and is pretty popular show about a teacher mastering a class of delinquents (imagine live action GTO with straight main protagonist, or something like Sister Act 2 / School of Rock - but all these examples have "too cool" main hero). The change Kinpachi => Ginpachi is a wordplay as an advance censorship.

It's similar to what Gintama does - though Gintama does it not to avoid rights issue, but for comedic pun (Kintama is literally word for testicles, "gold balls" => Gintama is silver balls).

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Thanks for the translation! <3
For the little details development of the world,characters and plot, I think it was good enough, and it has a nice moral message :)
That bonus was pretty sweet, so thanks again for the translation!

joined Sep 11, 2019

I binged the whole thing and wow, it's not half bad

joined Aug 20, 2021

hmm, the 1st half, story is good, pace is good... then later half just awfully bad "pulling rape drama, moving away, no explanation time skip" wow, then at end the middle schooler said "i practice kiss alone" WTF, you litelary saying got raped and abused multiple times in previous PAGE DUMBASS !! did the author forgot what she/he wrote in previous page ? just WOW

its like reading multiple different story, no consistentency at all.

joined Apr 20, 2021

hmm, the 1st half, story is good, pace is good... then later half just awfully bad "pulling rape drama, moving away, no explanation time skip" wow, then at end the middle schooler said "i practice kiss alone" WTF, you litelary saying got raped and abused multiple times in previous PAGE DUMBASS !! did the author forgot what she/he wrote in previous page ? just WOW

its like reading multiple different story, no consistentency at all.

Practice kiss is definitely weird, my best guess is that she is kinda cynical about it and played it as a joke.

The time skip here is fine story wise, I feel like. The explanation that the parents decided to send the child far away after learning she was raped by her cousin feels totally normal. Sure author could've shown how she came back and met the teacher again after graduating from school or however that went, but whatever. The ending is a bit rushed, could've been like 2 chapters instead of one but it is logical. Child gets taken away due to age - then returns later, while teacher, who is shown to never have relationships etc held on to her first love for couple years.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

That was freaking amazing I loved it. It's both sad and happy and heartwarming. The age gap and student x teacher was played so well... The blushing and all the little moments. Charmed. Happy it didn't turn into more drama once drama was introduced.

joined Dec 30, 2018

13... and 27

Holy fucking yikes...

Mfs would be saying completely different shit if it was a guy teacher

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

These stories are so cute and sweet I'm starting to forget how super fucked-up they actually are.

To reply you must either login or sign up.